racism

Status
Not open for further replies.

wickwoman

Well, Bill, if you want to intimate that the Christians who did actually do the right thing only did so because slavery wasn't a benefit to them . . . more power to ya!

Rolf Ernst

Wickwoman--you are STILL living in the past, STILL ignoring the FACT that the dominant force for freedom from slavery was Christianity.

Why don't you awake from your slumber? The issues now are abortion and freedom where are you today, Wickwoman??

Get up from your couch of accusation and compare YOURSELF TO THE STANCE OF MODERN CHRISTENDOM!

wickwoman

Originally posted by Rolf Ernst

Wickwoman--you are STILL living in the past, STILL ignoring the FACT that the dominant force for freedom from slavery was Christianity.

I wasn't ignoring it. I have very much affection for Unitarians. The church I attended for years was Unity. Good people. And now, my Zen Buddhist group is allowed space for meeting at a Unitarian church. Of course, Unity and Unitarians are not at all related to Baptists or Methodists. I think the Quakers have the most of which to boast. Northern and Southern Quakers were against slavery. Northern and Southern Quakers are against the war in Iraq right now. Go Quakers! If I was looking for a more standardized religion, I would definitely consider being a Quaker.

Originally posted by Rolf Ernst Why don't you awake from your slumber? The issues now are abortion and freedom where are you today, Wickwoman??

Get up from your couch of accusation and compare YOURSELF TO THE STANCE OF MODERN CHRISTENDOM!

You remind me of a church billboard. I have no idea what you are talking about. Do you?

Why don't you tell me what the "stance of modern Christendom" is and then I'll compare myself to it.

Last edited:

Granite

Hall of Fame

Why don't you awake from your slumber? The issues now are abortion and freedom where are you today, Wickwoman??

Unitarian Christianity, at least in this country, was the driver behind abolition. You saying they got something right???

Rolf Ernst

Dotcom--it is apparent that the only history you have read is the spurious history of the conflict written by yankees. I know that you are not interested, but a book now in print would do a lot to remove the scales from your deluded mind. Read "The South Was Right" and "The Real Lincoln." Only ten percent of Southerners who fought for the Confederacy were slave holders. Your accusation against the Christian community is without conscience and baseless. No doubt there were some slave owners who professed Christ, but there is a difference between profession and possession, such as there is a difference between those who go to church while holding their ears and those who go to learn. WHERE ARE YOU ON THE MORAL ISSUES OF THE PRESENT DAY? Is there any sympathy in you today for those blacks living in Africa who are still being taken captive and sold as slaves to others? Measure yourself against the moral stance of the
Christian church today.

Rolf Ernst

PUREX--so you believe we should remain silent under the continual baseless criticism of such people? WHERE ARE YOU PERSONALLY ON THE MORAL ISSUES OF THE PRESENT DAY?? Afraid to come out from behind the curtain, Purex??

Rolf Ernst

Wickwoman--from your posts it is apparent that you have already shown that your stance is contrary, so unless you are antagonistic for no reason at all, you both know what I am speaking of, and you are on the opposite poles. That is really the crux of the matter, isn't it?

wickwoman

Wickwoman--from your posts it is apparent that you have already shown that your stance is contrary, so unless you are antagonistic for no reason at all, you both know what I am speaking of, and you are on the opposite poles. That is really the crux of the matter, isn't it?

1. contrary to what?
2. antagonistic towards whom?
3. poles of what?

More billboard talk.

billwald

Always follow the money trail. Did the bankers make money from the War of Northern Agression? Was Lincoln blown away because he intended a "Marshall Plan" for the South?

servent101

Wickwoman
More billboard talk.
your forgot the insults, mindless acuzations, lies, threats, rumors and rhetoric. Very little substance in that man, possibly he should play rock and roll music instead of posting here on TOL

With Christ's Love

Servent101

Rolf Ernst

Servant 101: If you were referring to me in your Post #270: I have never liked nor listened to rock and roll. If you want to accuse someone, why not be specific? If you have a charge to make, be SPECIFIC. Rather than list oppobriums, point them out by listing forum and post numbers; but it is hard to be specific when you cannot find just cause for your accusations, isn't it!

Status
Not open for further replies.