Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3340414243

Thread: Discussion: Jerry Shugart vs Door

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when i talk to God about my shortcomings, i never ask for forgiveness. i think it must be pride because i dont measure up to the way i think i should be. i wonder to myself why i still act a certain way and feel a certain way. let me give you an example. when i first heard that tim russert passed away, i jumped for joy and pumped my fist. i hated russert for lying about what he said and what he knew concerning valerie plame and denying a conversation he had with scooter libby which would have sent libby to prison had bush not pardoned him. i was ashamed that i could rejoice at the death of anyone.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,230 Times in 1,608 Posts

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Door View Post
    Just as I think it is pride to think that God accepts us based on works, I also think it is pride that God rejects based on sin. To me, it's the same thing. Either way you would be saying that God accepts or rejects you based on your performance, rather than because of Christ.
    There is absolutely no way a Christian can lose their salvation and position in Christ. Being concerned about one's sinfulness, need not be concern about one's salvation. A Christian is assured that they will be sealed and kept unto everlasting life, by the presence of Christ's Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 1:13-14, II Cor. 1:21, 5:5, Romans 4:21, 8:38-39)

Honestly, I do think it is a sin to confess sins for forgiveness,
    Only if one thinks it necessary to remain justified, would such confession prove sinful. But what about living a sanctified and holy life? Just because our sin and guilt was paid for by Christ on the cross, does not mean that we become sinless when regenerated and converted. Yes, we have been freed from the law of sin, but to walk in the spirit and utilize this freedom, often requires help and grace from God.

Legally, God does not deal with us according to our sins, but we still live in flesh bodies that retain the proclivity to sin, and thus we have a High Priest at the throne of grace, who was tempted in the flesh, just as we continue to be. Let us come boldly to Him to find help and grace in times of need.

That is walking in the light and exercising faith in the Priestly Office of our Lord and Savior. Jesus Christ would not be established as our Priest, if there was no necessity for His intervention and advocacy on our behalf during this lifetime. How can it be sinful to believe we now have access to the Father through Him?

but I have no problem with agreeing with God that apart from Him, we are completely undone, and have no righteousness of our own, and to come boldly with a heart of thankfulness for His grace.
    I completely agree with you, here.

Nang
    "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

" The difference between faith and saving faith are the propositions believed."
    Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
    Charles Spurgeon

Trainee
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Mattew Chapter 6, Jesus says...
    After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
    Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
    Give us this day our daily bread.
    And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
    And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
    For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
    But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

In that Prayer we are asking God to Forgive our sins, and later Jesus says we should Forgive our fellow Man.
    Was this Prayer for all people to pray or just a certain group of People?

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw William, how is your mom?
    Thx for asking. Still slowly dying. Her stroke has wiped her memory of the last few months, but left intact basic thinking and older memories. Tables are turned. I now wipe her hands, feed her at the hospital, etc. I am surprised the cancer has not killed her yet. I think we are talking days or weeks at the most.

Apart from Christ, life and death is futile, and what hope does anyone have? In Christ, death, where is your sting and grave where is your victory?

I Cor. 15:51-58
    Know God and make Him known! (YWAM)

They said: "Where is the God of Elijah?"
    I say: "Where are the Elijahs of God?" (Ravenhill "Why Revival Tarries")

Rev. 1:17, 18; Jer. 9:23, 24

"No Compromise!" (Keith Green)

The Pledge: He died for me; I'll live for Him.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voltaire View Post
    i was ashamed that i could rejoice at the death of anyone.
    That's fine, as long as being ashamed does not make you think you are walking in darkness, or out of fellowship with God, ot that you need to confess it to be cleansed of all unrighteousness.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpw05 View Post
    In Mattew Chapter 6, Jesus says...
    After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
    Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
    Give us this day our daily bread.
    And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
    And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
    For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
    But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

In that Prayer we are asking God to Forgive our sins, and later Jesus says we should Forgive our fellow Man.
    Was this Prayer for all people to pray or just a certain group of People?
    Under the Law, if you do not forgive, you will not be forgiven. After the cross, Paul says to forgive as Christ has already forgiven you.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by voltaire View Post
    to be honest with you nang, i do that very thing with certain problems that i have in life. i talk to God about them all the time. im not sure if this means that im not acting in faith or not.
    So your theoretical beliefs and interpretations do not match your practice?

This is getting old. Does anyone know who wrote Hebrews (besides Todd Bentley who claims that he was caught up to heaven and Paul said it was himself?!)?

Has anyone solved the Adam having a belly button issue or how many angels can dance on the head of a pin issue from the Middle Ages?
    Know God and make Him known! (YWAM)

They said: "Where is the God of Elijah?"
    I say: "Where are the Elijahs of God?" (Ravenhill "Why Revival Tarries")

Rev. 1:17, 18; Jer. 9:23, 24

"No Compromise!" (Keith Green)

The Pledge: He died for me; I'll live for Him.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont do those things out of compulsion godrulz. nor do i feel God asks me to do it. nor do i think its necessary for forgiveness or continued fellowship or that silly notion of intimacy you have. this issue is more than academic godrulz because many take jerrys stance on 1 John 1:9 seriously and it coupled with equally ridiculous notions such as loss of fellowship and not having the Holy Spirit due to not being filled with the Spirit can bring a christian despair and actually stunt the work of the Spirit in the believer.

Thanks

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godrulz View Post

Has anyone solved the Adam having a belly button issue
    God designed Adam with a belly button, in order that godrulz would contemplate it.

Such was ordained . . .

Or maybe that was the location of the removal of the rib?

And don't even get into the nipple thing. God gave Adam nipples knowing Eve would need them.

So there!

Nang
    "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
    Charles Spurgeon

Over 1000 post club dreadknought's Avatar
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nang View Post
    God designed Adam with a belly button, in order that godrulz would contemplate it.
    Such was ordained . . .
    Or maybe that was the location of the removal of the rib?
    And don't even get into the nipple thing. God gave Adam nipples knowing Eve would need them.

So there!

Nang
    I stand corrected. You do have a sense of humor. I like it!
    "I will guard my ways That I may not sin with my tongue; I will guard my mouth as with a muzzle While the wicked are in my presence." I was mute and silent, I refrained even from good, And my sorrow grew worse. My heart was hot within me, While I was musing the fire burned; Then I spoke with my tongue:"LORD, make me to know my end And what is the extent of my days; Let me know how transient I am. NASB

Thanks

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by student ad x View Post
    I stand corrected. You do have a sense of humor. I like it!
    Some say I am "feisty."

My friends say I am fun!

Nang

Gordon H. Clark

Charles Spurgeon

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nang View Post
    Some say I am "feisty."

My friends say I am fun!
    I was just about to believe you, and then you blew it when you said you had friends.

Thanks

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just about to believe you, and then you blew it when you said you had friends.

My friends all enjoy ice-cold Foster's with me, served on my patio at every barbecue . . .does that count against me, too?

Nang

Gordon H. Clark

Charles Spurgeon

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Nang likes the aussie brew?

Thread Information