Liberal Hypocrisy

Mocking You

Paul Krugman, the leftist economics columnist for the New York Times has sure changed his tune, and in a hurry.

23r3l7o.jpg

So what other issues will liberals rediscover now that Trump is President and Obama is out?

I submit they will rediscover:

Poverty/Homelessness
Income disparities
Use of executive powers as abuse of powers
Dissent as being a patriotic, noble pursuit
Bipartisanship

Any others you can think of?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
how about a revisit to that "i'm gonna close Gitmo on my first day as President!" crap bammy wuz shovelling back in 08?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Gitmo has always been and will continue to be necessary. Obama, as the Commander in Chief, had all the power to close it down and instead vouched to merely clear it out a bit.
It pretty much speaks for itself.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Paul Krugman, the leftist economics columnist for the New York Times has sure changed his tune, and in a hurry.

23r3l7o.jpg

So what other issues will liberals rediscover now that Trump is President and Obama is out?

I submit they will rediscover:

Poverty/Homelessness
Income disparities
Use of executive powers as abuse of powers
Dissent as being a patriotic, noble pursuit
Bipartisanship

Any others you can think of?

Certainly they will be haunted by the Senate rules changes that are about to bite them in the backside...they are already crying foul, too late for that noise.

Alate_One

Did ANY of you actually READ any of Krugman's articles?

There is a time to borrow, and a time when deficits matter based on the status of the economy. (You should be familiar with this concept - A time to reap, a time to sow . . etc.)

If the economy is crashing, it's time to borrow to boost the economy. When times are good, as they are now, it's time to reduce spending or at least not increase it and/or raise taxes. Krugman also said in the deficits matter article, that it's still not a terrible time to invest in infrastructure because interest rates are low. But now is not the time to blow up deficits.

Republicans, in contrast, only care about deficits when a democrat is in office. The minute they're elected, they don't care about running deficits and start accruing debt by spending and cutting taxes. This has been true since Reagan.

Mocking You

Did ANY of you actually READ any of Krugman's articles?

There is a time to borrow, and a time when deficits matter based on the status of the economy. (You should be familiar with this concept - A time to reap, a time to sow . . etc.)

If the economy is crashing, it's time to borrow to boost the economy. When times are good, as they are now, it's time to reduce spending or at least not increase it and/or raise taxes.

Republicans, in contrast, only care about deficits when a democrat is in office. The minute they're elected, they don't care about running deficits and start accruing debt by spending and cutting taxes. This has been true since Reagan.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we know.

And SOOOOoo much changed in those five months. Please tell us how the employment rate drastically changed and how other economic indicators radically changed to warrant a 180 in economic policy.

Or are you saying the economy was crashing under Obama, would continue under Clinton, so borrowing was needed, but now that Trump is elected it's righted itself and deficits matter?

Mocking You

Slate's take on the Electoral College. Apparently the goodness of the Electoral College depends on whether or not your candidate wins the election.

2dah98j.jpg

Alate_One

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we know.

And SOOOOoo much changed in those five months. Please tell us how the employment rate drastically changed and how other economic indicators radically changed to warrant a 180 in economic policy.

As I said, in the deficits matter article, Krugman actually said investing is still a good idea as interest rates are low.

Mocking You

As I said, in the deficits matter article, Krugman actually said investing is still a good idea as interest rates are low.

Liberals. Borrowing money = "Investing".

But hey, we're only $19 trillion in debt. Let's borrow more. Like you're digging a hole, strike something solid, and redouble your efforts to get deeper.

Alate_One

Liberals. Borrowing money = "Investing".

But hey, we're only $19 trillion in debt. Let's borrow more. Like you're digging a hole, strike something solid, and redouble your efforts to get deeper.

Well repealing Obamacare is one really good way to cause more borrowing. I'm assuming you're for that?

Daniel1769

Time for Democrats to be anti-war and worry about the deficit again.

Time for Republicans to spend like drunken liberals and tell us why government should be involved in the economy.