ECT The New Covenant is obviously present tense

Interplanner

The claim by 2P2Ps is that 'even the simplest child can see that it is with Israel' but they (the 2P2Ps) never seem to notice that the new covenant is present tense. They keep talking of it in future tense, an event connected to the 2nd coming with a pile of others, as they imagine.

What is so hard about realizing that the new covenant that is present tense already--besides having universal appeal? IT EXPLODES THE FRAUD OF 2P2P!!!

Interplanner

Nope, the LORD has not roared out of ZION.

I suppose with literalism, with no imagination, you think there is one particular sound or way that would look, and it could never be what Christ did.

And of course we are supposed to take YOUR EXPERTISE on these things over the actual situation on the ground in Hebrews. Right.

You are worth less talking to each time, suit yourself.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The claim by 2P2Ps is that 'even the simplest child can see that it is with Israel' but they (the 2P2Ps) never seem to notice that the new covenant is present tense. They keep talking of it in future tense, an event connected to the 2nd coming with a pile of others, as they imagine.

What is so hard about realizing that the new covenant that is present tense already--besides having universal appeal? IT EXPLODES THE FRAUD OF 2P2P!!!

Do not worry about it IP because Madists have not entered the new covenant. They just do not want it.

LA

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hebrews 8

8 Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

No present tense here. And, I am not the house of Judah nor the house of Israel.

Interplanner

Hebrews 8

8 Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

No present tense here. And, I am not the house of Judah nor the house of Israel.

Duh, you quoted a 2500 year old piece. What did you expect? The question is when does the NT say it was fuffilled in Christ? Get a grip. Your questions are amateur.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Duh, you quoted a 2500 year old piece.

What is so hard about realizing that the new covenant that is present tense already--besides having universal appeal?

I notice how you ignore the author explicitly states the House of Judah and the House of Israel. Why say that if it isn't true? Was the Holy Spirit not leading the author with his letter?

Interplanner

If it is future tense and written that long ago, guess who it could apply to fulfilled?

I'm perfectly aware of the Israel and Judah bit there; no wonder Paul widened the definition of Israel and shed the race criterion. don't you know those basic facts about the NT?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When did it happen? There is no more death and tears?

Mat 13:33 Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

When did that happen?

LA

SaulToPaul 2

I suppose with literalism, with no imagination, you think there is one particular sound or way that would look, and it could never be what Christ did.

And of course we are supposed to take YOUR EXPERTISE on these things over the actual situation on the ground in Hebrews. Right.

You are worth less talking to each time, suit yourself.

I don't have to VAINLY IMAGINE what it means for the LORD to roar out of Zion.

Joel 3
16 The Lord also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the Lord will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

17 So shall ye know that I am the Lord your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.

18 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a fountain shall come forth out of the house of the Lord, and shall water the valley of Shittim.

19 Egypt shall be a desolation, and Edom shall be a desolate wilderness, for the violence against the children of Judah, because they have shed innocent blood in their land.

20 But Judah shall dwell for ever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation.

21 For I will cleanse their blood that I have not cleansed: for the Lord dwelleth in Zion.

DAN P

Hi and where is that verse that proves this ??

dan p

Interplanner

Hi and where is that verse that proves this ??

dan p

The usual Dan. There are only a few. They are all present tense.
Christ in Mt 26,
I Cor 10 on the Lord's supper
2 Cor 3-5
Heb 10:18

If you are going to be here, at least do some homework, and improve your memory.

DAN P

The usual Dan. There are only a few. They are all present tense.
Christ in Mt 26,
I Cor 10 on the Lord's supper
2 Cor 3-5
Heb 10:18

If you are going to be here, at least do some homework, and improve your memory.

Hi and I checked Heb 10"18 and there are no verbs in that passage !!

So what does the PRESENT TENSE mean in 2 Cor 3:1 as there are 3 verb tenses there ??

Be specific , in Matt 26 !!

The other part of 2 Cor 3:1 is the Middle voice and the other 2 are in the ACTIVE VOICE and the other RE in the Idicative Mood and the other in the Infinitive Mood !!

dan p

Interplanner

Hi and I checked Heb 10"18 and there are no verbs in that passage !!

So what does the PRESENT TENSE mean in 2 Cor 3:1 as there are 3 verb tenses there ??

Be specific , in Matt 26 !!

The other part of 2 Cor 3:1 is the Middle voice and the other 2 are in the ACTIVE VOICE and the other RE in the Idicative Mood and the other in the Infinitive Mood !!

dan p

Dan, it is too simple for you. You have to read with some sense.

Heb 10:18 was included because the prior section is about the new covenant, concluding with this statement: where these have been forgiven (the line from the new covenant lines of Jer.), there is no longer any sacrifice for sin. The new covenant has arrived in Christ. Enjoy it, and also, accept the fact that you can't learn Greek the way you are doing, it is folly. You would be better off practicing diagramming English than make declarations about abcs of Greek, half of which are wrong.