Free Will

God's Truth

The choosing, humility, obedience, etc. a person does in an unregenerate state is nothing but filthy rags in God's sight Is. 64:6

What is wrong with you?

God does not say that our obedience is as a filthy rag.

The Jews used to have to give BLOOD offerings for their sins---so that they could make themselves RIGHTEOUS BEFORE GOD.

God did NOT like it that the Jews would sin, give a BLOOD SIN OFFERING BUT NOT REALLY BE SORRY FOR THEIR SINS, their sins that they kept doing.

Those BLOOD offerings became as FILTHY THROW AWAY, BLOODY MENSTRUAL RAGS to the Lord.

God's Truth

GT, shouldn't we be more happy that pops is no longer an atheist? It's not what he was before, it's what he is now. And he loves God now.

Luke 15

It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

I'm glad that pops knows God now and that he is lost no more.

Popsthebuilder SAYS he is NOT saved.

Why don't you pay more attention when you want to correct me, or anyone?

And, just because someone came to the truth and was saved, it does NOT mean they cannot be ensnared to teach false doctrines and thus hinder others from being saved!!!

beloved57

Where did I say that?

That's what you believe, is you who calls yourself elect! Not me.

Okay. All things equal. God loves everyone, Christ died for everyone. Everyone has the same opportunity to get saved. Now why did you get saved opposed to the others who wind up lost? What made the difference? You or God and then tell me why.

God's Truth

I wrote a whole post to you but I think I deleted it before I posted it!

Anyway, I was wondering how you came to know God? My uncle was an atheist too, and he heard a preacher on a street, he wasn't a mainstream church preacher, he preached the word of God from his heart. And what what he said went right to the heart of my uncle.

Some people hear the word, but others see the life first before they listen. What brought you to God?

Again, he says he is NOT saved.

marhig

Okay. All things equal. God loves everyone, Christ died for everyone. Everyone has the same opportunity to get saved. Now why did you get saved opposed to the others who wind up lost? What made the difference? You or God and then tell me why.
Firstly, you tell me why you're elect?

Nanja

What is wrong with you?

God does not say that our obedience is as a filthy rag.

The Jews used to have to give BLOOD offerings for their sins---so that they could make themselves RIGHTEOUS BEFORE GOD.

God did NOT like it that the Jews would sin, give a BLOOD SIN OFFERING BUT NOT REALLY BE SORRY FOR THEIR SINS, their sins that they kept doing.

Those BLOOD offerings became as FILTHY THROW AWAY, BLOODY MENSTRUAL RAGS to the Lord.

Any works, including obedience, that unregenerate does to get himself saved is as a filthy rag that cannot please God Rom. 8:8.

beloved57

I am debating a point. You said I am prideful. I said need to be more humble.

I'm saying your theology makes you prideful, and I ask again. Do you need to be more humble?
You want to talk about yourself! That is pride. I'm not with that. Show me the scripture that says man has a freewill!

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You want to talk about yourself! That is pride. I'm not with that. Show me the scripture that says man has a freewill!

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees.

Beloved57, Where in Scripture does God command men to do evil?

(ask b57 for me, instead of quoting my post)

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

marhig

Popsthebuilder SAYS he is NOT saved.

Why don't you pay more attention when you want to correct me, or anyone?

And, just because someone came to the truth and was saved, it does NOT mean they cannot be ensnared to teach false doctrines and thus hinder others from being saved!!!

I'm not eternally saved yet either GT, and nor is anyone else. We must endure to the end to be eternally saved. And we should endure with the hope of eternal salvation.

At this present time God is saving me from myself and this world, by showing me my sins and giving me that chance to deny myself and obey him and do his will. And if I keep my faith do his will, and endure to the end then he says that we have our treasures laid up in heaven and we will have a place with him. But I won't know where God will put me until after my last breath, and I leave all that in his hands.

I just know that I'm to love him, obey him and live by his will now and love others as myself.

God's Truth

False!

According to the scriptures FAITH is a fruit of the Spirit Given in New Birth.

Gal. 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith

The fruit of the Spirit does not mean we cannot and do not have to have faith before we are saved.

Love is the fruit of the Spirit, yet sinners love.

Dig deeper when you debate God's Word and when you try to teach it.

Luke 6:32 "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them.

God's Truth

I'm not eternally saved yet either GT, and nor is anyone else. We must endure to the end to be eternally saved. And we should endure with the hope of eternal salvation.

At this present time God is saving me from myself and this world,by showing me my sins and giving me that chance to deny myself and obey him and do his will. And if I keep my faith do his will, and endure to the end then he says that we have our treasures laid up in heaven and we will have a place with him. But I won't know where God will put me until after my last breath, and I leave all that in his hands.

I just know that I'm to love him, obey him and live by his will now and love others as myself.

If you love Him, stop now with false preaching.

I prove with scripture easily that we can know NOW if we are saved.

Saved

Acts 15:11
No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

Ephesians 2:8-9
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.

Ephesians 2:5
made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

Ephesians 2:8
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

2 Timothy 1:9
He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,

Titus 3:5
he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

Luke 19:9
Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham.

2 Corinthians 6:2
For he says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.

Philippians 2:12
[ Do Everything Without Grumbling ] Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

1 Peter 2:2
Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation,

John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

1 John 5:20
We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

I have now shown you the truth with scripture.

You can believe it or reject it.

You should thank me for it, but some people are just too stubborn.