Take Down the Bird Feeder!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
What about in the case of rape, or failure of birth control? Or do you believe in no exceptions

answer it for yourself

would you agree to allowing this child to be murdered if it had been conceived in rape, incest, failure of birth control?

0e987e609305ba4331284f05c1fa0b9c.jpg

ok doser

A few weeks ago I was inches away from just stopping my participation here at Theology Online. It has become an exercise in utter futility and a nearly complete waste of my time. Then a thread defending the belief that the Earth is flat and that we never went to the moon, of all things, turned into a conversation that was actually entertaining, even if it was a touch too far into the Twilight Zone, and I started to remember what I love so much about doing this.

But this thread has reminded me of all the things I've come to despise. All the sorts of despicable people that genuinely disgust me and make me constantly wonder why I waste my time doing this. The fact is that I no longer care to even attempt to convince anyone. I don't care to even try because none of you have any idea what you're talking about and aren't interested in learning or even engaging in enough intellectual honesty to see if what you think you know is accurate. All of you can go to Hell and the world would be better off for it.

Go ahead and argue amongst yourselves. Waste your own time. I'm done.

(Those of you that these comments don't apply to, know who you are.)

just put artie and town on ignore

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
just put artie and town on ignore

I have lots and lots of people on ignore, they're merely the latest additions to the club of mindless idiots who aren't worth my time. A club they're proud to be members of. Good riddance.

I'm fed up with liberals. What passes for a "liberal" today would have been considered an enemy of the state when I was growing up. I'm done with them. I am not interested in discussing anything with them. Their minds do not work. If they thought it was conservative to think the sky is blue, they'd oppose it and NOTHING anyone could say would move them an inch and I wouldn't trust their conversion if one of them happened to claim to have been convinced of anything.

From now on, I simply refuse to debate any of them about anything anymore. I'll post the truth and they can be convinced or not, I genuinely do not care. In fact, I think I'd actually prefer they not be convinced. I want to laugh at them on judgment day.

ok doser

I have lots and lots of people on ignore, they're merely the latest additions to the club of mindless idiots who aren't worth my time. A club they're proud to be members of. Good riddance.

I'm fed up with liberals. What passes for a "liberal" today would have been considered an enemy of the state when I was growing up. I'm done with them. I am not interested in discussing anything with them. Their minds do not work. If they thought it was conservative to think the sky is blue, they'd oppose it and NOTHING anyone could say would move them an inch and I wouldn't trust their conversion if one of them happened to claim to have been convinced of anything.

From now on, I simply refuse to debate any of them about anything anymore. I'll post the truth and they can be convinced or not, I genuinely do not care. In fact, I think I'd actually prefer they not be convinced. I want to laugh at them on judgment day.

:thumb:

quip

BANNED
Banned
Just my opinion, but maybe it’s time for the government to take down the bird feeder.

If you agree, pass it on; if not, just continue cleaning up the poop.

Nah...just hang it near your neighbors property...that'll keep your bubble clean.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Why did God mandate people left gleanings in the field for the poor and the alien then? Could God not feed people directly? Or maybe that's part of our JOB as human beings, to care for one another.
Yes, we should help our fellow man, not the government, i think you have no idea, what the actual purpose of government is suppose to be, and what the differences between residents and aliens are.

We're not even talking about what happens in school. The OP was complaining he had to push one for English . . . :rolleyes: In Bible times there were dozens of languages spoken in the region and nobody complained about it in scripture. Please get over yourself.

You need to get over yourself and read the op again and then read what you wrote in DIRECT response to the op about schools.

Ill help since you have such selective memory:

From the op:
Then the illegals came by the tens of thousands. Suddenly our taxes went up to pay for free services; small apartments are housing 5 families; you have to wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency room doctor; your child’s second grade class is behind other schools because over half the class doesn’t speak English.

To which you replied:
And, how DARE I be confronted with any other language but English.

To which i said:
Why do you believe those here illegally are entitled to benefits from taxes as a right?

To which you again pretended you forgot the conversation and yanked another red herring out of your mental sea of out of context nonsense pretending we said something we didnt:

Did I say that? No. Should everyone have equal protection under the law and not be tortured or killed for no reason? Yes.

You completely changed context in your zeal not to answer anything you are asked about and then play make believe.

So again - yes, you did say that, because your response had to do with what was written about illegals. Its called context (ive linked to the very definition to help you communicate better)

Show me where that idea is found in scripture, that illegal immigrants should have no rights at all.

Sure, as soon as you show me where i said any such thing.

No, I'm afraid you haven't.

He executes justice for the orphan and the widow, and shows His love for the alien by giving him food and clothing. 19 So show your love for the alien, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt.

Showing love has nothing to do with forcing people to provide what YOU mandate, instead of what He does.

Again, you are who need to get over yourself, and you can start with showing us where scripture says to provide birth control to the alien or anyone else.

Alate_One

Yes, we should help our fellow man, not the government, i think you have no idea, what the actual purpose of government is suppose to be, and what the differences between residents and aliens are.
You pretend that one is good and the other by definition must be bad. You should understand that one does not preclude the other. I know of no Biblical passage that makes such a distinction.

Think of it this way. Millions of people are able to feed their families more nutritious food because of current programs. If you took them away and tried to let the churches/nonprofits fill the gap, almost certainly some people would suffer because of it. Is your principle worth the suffering of others?

You need to get over yourself and read the op again and then read what you wrote in DIRECT response to the op about schools.
My apologies, I missed the bit about schools originally in the OP. Regardless, I don't consider getting an education as "benefitting from taxes" they didn't pay. While schools are funded through property taxes, many people that attend schools do not pay property tax directly. Unless these illegals were living in tents or as migrant workers, they would at least be paying rent and supporting the property owner's tax. You'd also have a much bigger problem if you refused to educate children born in the country, many of whom are citizens. If you leave children uneducated they're far more likely to cause problems for society.

But if you educate them, they become a benefit, which is what immigrants (even illegal ones) are for the most part.

TH already addressed the issue concerning children being left behind due to language issues quite well.

Sure, as soon as you show me where i said any such thing.
What rights do you think illegals have then?

Showing love has nothing to do with forcing people to provide what YOU mandate, instead of what He does.
If you believe in the commandment, you should care that it is done, not complain about HOW it is done. The complaints show a lack of love, a lack of submission to authority. There's nothing evil about being taxed, and especially when your tax dollars are doing what God commanded us to do!

Again, you are who need to get over yourself, and you can start with showing us where scripture says to provide birth control to the alien or anyone else.
Obviously scripture isn't going to say anything about birth control because it didn't exist at the time the Bible was written.

But from a purely economic standpoint, if you're complaining about educating children, why would you want people already here to have more of them?

All of this, your post, the OP, smacks of Randian philosophy.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Never?

8 O daughter of Babylon, doomed to be destroyed,
blessed shall he be who repays you
with what you have done to us!
9 Blessed shall he be who takes your little ones
and dashes them against the rock!

Never...was this scripture an actual event or just, a prayer of David? a man who lost his child due his sin, killing of an innocent, the blood of Uriah was on his hands and he paid a price for it with death of his own son.

All politicians spin and distort, some more than others. Obama was actually not too bad in that regard. But Trump is the king of deceit.

Rose colored glasses I see...

That's already the case. The incessant arguments over planned parenthood demonize and organization that does far more than abortions. The Hatch act is still in place, and if you're worried about being an accessory to the deaths of innocents, you should be concerned about the US' involvement in foreign wars, bombings etc.

Sure they do...absolute nonsense, they are abortion mills. Again, with those rose colored glasses.

The earth is filled and subdued. Your point is? We make laws for everyone in society, not just Christians. Do you want to force everyone to have children?

You asked me who told me to have children and that was my answer God, and no the earth was not filled at all with my offspring prior. If people want children God bless them, if they don't that is their choice but, if you don't want children than protect against it, or take the responsibility when you get pregnant and do't murder your child to avoid the consequences. Murder is not the answer to the problem...and that is exactly what it is.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Never...was this scripture an actual event or just, a prayer of David? a man who lost his child due his sin, killing of an innocent, the blood of Uriah was on his hands and he paid a price for it with death of his own son.

Rose colored glasses I see...

Sure they do...absolute nonsense, they are abortion mills. Again, with those rose colored glasses.

You asked me who told me to have children and that was my answer God, and no the earth was not filled at all with my offspring prior. If people want children God bless them, if they don't that is their choice but, if you don't want children than protect against it, or take the responsibility when you get pregnant and do't murder your child to avoid the consequences. Murder is not the answer to the problem...and that is exactly what it is.
People who resort to crime as a solution to their problems are generally poor problem solvers.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You pretend that one is good and the other by definition must be bad. You should understand that one does not preclude the other. I know of no Biblical passage that makes such a distinction.
One is right and godly, the other isnt. Context, learn what it means.

Think of it this way. Millions of people are able to feed their families more nutritious food because of current programs. If you took them away and tried to let the churches/nonprofits fill the gap, almost certainly some people would suffer because of it. Is your principle worth the suffering of others?

Red herring again from your mental sea of irrelevant nonsense. Its not the governments role (shouldnt be anyway) to teach parents about nutrition and what to eat. If i have a boat that seats 20, i cannot 'save' 100 people in it, nor is it my responsibility to do so, because it makes you sad that i wont/cant. Hint, buy yourself a boat that seats 100 and go save them all, since YOU think that is YOUR role.

My apologies, I missed the bit about schools originally in the OP. Regardless, I don't consider getting an education as "benefitting from taxes" they didn't pay. While schools are funded through property taxes, many people that attend schools do not pay property tax directly. Unless these illegals were living in tents or as migrant workers, they would at least be paying rent and supporting the property owner's tax. You'd also have a much bigger problem if you refused to educate children born in the country, many of whom are citizens. If you leave children uneducated they're far more likely to cause problems for society.

We are talking about holding citizens back to appease lawbreakers. That is what causes more problems for society. Look up the term swamping the boat, then read it till you understand it. Read the parts of the law and the OT that you cite for what we should do, where it comes to lawbreakers and aliens who refuse to assimilate themselves into the theocratic society you remove from context with your cherry picking.

But if you educate them, they become a benefit, which is what immigrants (even illegal ones) are for the most part.
Illegals are exploited as well as drain recourses - why doesnt that bother you? Apparently you dont care about illegal sex workers forced to hand their wages over to a mule, as long as their children get english lessons while the whole other class is held back for them.

TH already addressed the issue concerning children being left behind due to language issues quite well.

No, not really - tons of issues left off there.

What rights do you think illegals have then?
The right not to be exploited, and file for legal status and sent back to their home country and given instuction on following the law, and if they wont, jail. Thats how a law abiding society functions.

If you believe in the commandment, you should care that it is done, not complain about HOW it is done. The complaints show a lack of love, a lack of submission to authority. There's nothing evil about being taxed, and especially when your tax dollars are doing what God commanded us to do!

Theres your problem, you think the government is God.

Obviously scripture isn't going to say anything about birth control because it didn't exist at the time the Bible was written.

You are messed up in the head.

But from a purely economic standpoint, if you're complaining about educating children, why would you want people already here to have more of them?

All of this, your post, the OP, smacks of Randian philosophy.

Youre a liar, and im done with you. Proverbs 26:4

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
As far as illegals go... I say if they want to come here and work, let them work. Get rid of the welfare and we could solve a bunch of issues at once.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
As far as illegals go... I say if they want to come here and work, let them work. Get rid of the welfare and we could solve a bunch of issues at once.

yep and file for citizenship and pay taxes and follow the laws along with everyone else. :thumb:

Being against illegal immigration, and being against immigration, isnt the same thing at ALL.

But liberals will lie and claim otherwise.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

The problem is that they do both...picking lettuce or strawberries under the table then availing themselves with public assistance to make up where that comes short is not fixing the problem. If you don't think that is happening you would be dead wrong, it is a drain on the citizenry, the schools, the hospitals, and on law enforcement to name a few of areas of effect.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The problem is that they do both...picking lettuce or strawberries under the table then availing themselves with public assistance to make up where that comes short is not fixing the problem. If you don't think that is happening you would be dead wrong, it is a drain on the citizenry, the schools, the hospitals, and on law enforcement to name a few of areas of effect.

Illegal, should have no part of public assistance.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Illegal, should have no part of public assistance.

It does in California, in fact a number of years ago proposition 187 was proposed & passed with about a 60% majority to not extend public assistance benefits or schooling to illegal aliens. One liberal judge threw out the will of the people saying it was unconstitutional. Other than the right to due process, I am not sure where he or any other judge could assert that a foreign national in this country illegally could have rights to public assistance or schooling benefits but hey! this is marxist California where they make it up as they go.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Proposition_187

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It does in California, in fact a number of years ago proposition 187 was proposed & passed with about a 60% majority to not extend public assistance benefits or schooling to illegal aliens. One liberal judge threw out the will of the people saying it was unconstitutional. Other than the right to due process, I am not sure where he or any other judge could assert that a foreign national in this country illegally could have rights to public assistance or schooling benefits but hey! this is marxist California where they make it up as they go.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Proposition_187

Clearly that is an activist judge who like alate, thinks their pipe dreams, should be law, over what the law actually says, and somewhere he thinks he was elected to make law, showing again, he doesnt understand his role, nor the purpose and role of government in a free society.

They call conservatives fascists - they are the fascists, trying to control you and your kids and your money and everything else.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
They call conservatives fascists - they are the fascists, trying to control you and your kids and your money and everything else.

Yep, they always have been, they are just more openly showing their marxist intentions anymore. Liberals don't believe in liberty unless it comes with their exceptions...which is not liberty at all, I believe they refer to that as tyranny.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Illegals do not help in any way, that's the entire purpose of having a concept of 'illegal immigration' in the first place :chuckle:

~Liberals~