ECT No one says reading Ryrie is 'man-worship'

Interplanner

Why is Marcus Lamont Sanford obsessed with "2P2P"?

Because it is like being in the book of Galatians and fighting what the Judaizers were doing. Just two days ago, one of you said: the only way a Gentile can be blessed is to praise Israel and to be circumcised. That is what the Judaizers were saying.

Interplanner

Speaking strictly of human teachers, and not including Paul, it goes back at least as far as Darby who also taught the absolute distinction between covenant Israel and the Body of Christ. As did Scofield, Pettingill, Ironside and many others who well predate Ryrie.

You are far too ignorant to have started this thread. You should close it in shame, if you have any.

He had a chapter called 2P2P, and I'm using that as a handle. It's funny that you would object to him while the others said the same garbage, as though it would make a huge difference if he had not, lol. But that's what kind of anti-logic your system has turned you into.

Paul did not do 2P2P.

Interplanner

It is 100% defensible from Paul's letters. The books are simply commentary.

You are embarrassingly ignorant.

2P2P is diametrically opposed to Ephesians, the most widely-circulated letter. Everything promised to Israel is accessed now in Christ, in the Gospel, 3:6.

SaulToPaul 2

2P2P is diametrically opposed to Ephesians, the most widely-circulated letter. Everything promised to Israel is accessed now in Christ, in the Gospel, 3:6.

Ephesians was written after the casting away of Israel, and the introduction of the dispensation of the grace of God.

northwye

"Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
10. For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:" Isaiah 29: 9-10

Isaiah 28: 9-10 is a Biblical "Hermeneutic." The dispensationalist, Christian Zionist or Separation Theology "Hermeneutic" is literal, of the letter (II Corinthians 3: 6), and self-fulfilling, starting from postulates not in agreement with scripture.

Isaiah 28: 10 says to put scriptures together in order to understand the word from God.

But dispensationalism does not do that according to Isaiah 28: 10. Instead, it divides what it thinks are the two peoples of God, when, in fact, there is only one people of God. In doing so, it confuses spiritual identities.

Jeremiah 18: 3-6: "Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause thee to hear my words.
3. Then I went down to the potter's house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels.
4. And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.
5. Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
6. O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel."

II Kings 21: 13 and Isaiah 29: 16 point to Jeremiah 18: 1-6. "And I will stretch over Jerusalem the line of Samaria, and the plummet of the house of Ahab: and I will wipe Jerusalem as a man wipeth a dish, wiping it, and turning it upside down." " Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?"

Separation Theology ignores II Kings 21: 13, Isaiah 29: 16 and Jeremiah 18: 1-6 because these scriptures are prophecies of a remaking of Old Covenant Israel, with which Separation Theology does not agree, and in fact, sets up a direct opposition to, which is the dialectic.

"Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,
69. And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;" Luke 1: 68-69

God fulfilled II Kings 21: 13, Isaiah 29: 16 and Jeremiah 18: 1-6 in Luke 1: 68-69, and in other New Testament scriptures like I Peter 2: 5, 9. Christ redeemed his people which is Israel and in Acts 10 began to fulfill Hosea 2: 23, by bringing in non-Jews into redeemed Israel.

Then Paul explains in Romans 11: 1-5 that a remnant of Old Covenant Israel attained to election by grace, with the implication being that this remnant was the beginning of redeemed Israel of the Old Covenant, that is, the first of the New Covenant. Then in Romans 11: 17-20 Paul says those of Old Covenant Israel who were in unbelief and rejected Christ were cut off.

Interplanner

"Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
10. For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:" Isaiah 29: 9-10

Isaiah 28: 9-10 is a Biblical "Hermeneutic." The dispensationalist, Christian Zionist or Separation Theology "Hermeneutic" is literal, of the letter (II Corinthians 3: 6), and self-fulfilling, starting from postulates not in agreement with scripture.

Isaiah 28: 10 says to put scriptures together in order to understand the word from God.

But dispensationalism does not do that according to Isaiah 28: 10. Instead, it divides what it thinks are the two peoples of God, when, in fact, there is only one people of God. In doing so, it confuses spiritual identities.

Jeremiah 18: 3-6: "Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause thee to hear my words.
3. Then I went down to the potter's house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels.
4. And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.
5. Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
6. O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel."

II Kings 21: 13 and Isaiah 29: 16 point to Jeremiah 18: 1-6. "And I will stretch over Jerusalem the line of Samaria, and the plummet of the house of Ahab: and I will wipe Jerusalem as a man wipeth a dish, wiping it, and turning it upside down." " Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding?"

Separation Theology ignores II Kings 21: 13, Isaiah 29: 16 and Jeremiah 18: 1-6 because these scriptures are prophecies of a remaking of Old Covenant Israel, with which Separation Theology does not agree, and in fact, sets up a direct opposition to, which is the dialectic.

"Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,
69. And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;" Luke 1: 68-69

God fulfilled II Kings 21: 13, Isaiah 29: 16 and Jeremiah 18: 1-6 in Luke 1: 68-69, and in other New Testament scriptures like I Peter 2: 5, 9. Christ redeemed his people which is Israel and in Acts 10 began to fulfill Hosea 2: 23, by bringing in non-Jews into redeemed Israel.

Then Paul explains in Romans 11: 1-5 that a remnant of Old Covenant Israel attained to election by grace, with the implication being that this remnant was the beginning of redeemed Israel of the Old Covenant, that is, the first of the New Covenant. Then in Romans 11: 17-20 Paul says those of Old Covenant Israel who were in unbelief and rejected Christ were cut off.

Yes, and "in this way, all Israel..." means that it would be the believing remnant, not the whole thing, as he illusrated in 9 and 11 (I'm not aware of an illustration of that in 10).