AN OPPORTUNITY TO TRY SOMETHING NEW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I prayed for Trump and Pence to win and God's will has come about. I'm certain there were a massive amount of prayers that went out. Hillary would have been the worst person in the White House at this point in time. She's a "Hawk" when it comes to war and she certainly appeared to desire a war with Russia. I believe our country, "Dodged an ICBM" by having Trump win the election.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
i think town wants us to be sympathetic to all the whining and crying going on from the hillary supporters (aka losers)

You might be right. However, the liberal losers have their cocoa, puppies, crying rooms, and Play-Doh to keep them calm. At least those items will keep them out of mischief.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
You might be right. However, the liberal losers have their cocoa, puppies, crying rooms, and Play-Doh to keep them calm. At least those items will keep them out of mischief.

that's not enough

unless we bow our heads and act solemn about trump's win, we're being "poor losers" :darwinsm:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It's hard to believe that adults would find themselves, weeping, whimpering, crying, threatening suicide, and believing the world has ended, over an election conclusion.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I prayed for Trump and Pence to win and God's will has come about.
:plain: Trump isn't listening, or apparently speaking to God, but I'll join you in praying he starts and that the country prospers.

She's a "Hawk" when it comes to war and she certainly appeared to desire a war with Russia.
No one wanted a war with Russia.

I believe our country, "Dodged an ICBM" by having Trump win the election.
I've been seeing BM all over the boards since Trump was elected by our country. And by "our country" I mean, of course, the EC and not the actual voters.

fool

Hall of Fame
you expected humble from trump?

:darwinsm:

Trump is a counter puncher.
If Hillary had gone home to Chappaqua and Obama had started gathering his notes and outlining his Memoir there would be less drama.

Instead we have Obama going for the "Close the Door After the Horse is Gone" Award sanctioning Russia for Hacking an Election that he assured us couldn't be hacked.

fool

Hall of Fame
And by "our country" I mean, of course, the EC and not the actual voters.
But the voters vote for the EC, and as my other thread has so clearly laid out we didn't have a popular vote so we don't know what "The Actual Voters" think since we never asked them.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If Hillary had gone home to Chappaqua and Obama had started gathering his notes and outlining his Memoir there would be less drama.

Instead we have Obama going for the "Close the Door After the Horse is Gone" Award sanctioning Russia for Hacking an Election that he assured us couldn't be hacked.
Trump agrees with him that the Russians had their fingers in the process. Congress, both parties, are about as pleased as the president. If anything Trump may be a comparative dove on the point, but it doesn't seem all that partisan now, as issues go.

From Roll Call, Dec. 29, 2016

Republican lawmakers who are influential on Capitol Hill on defense and foreign policy issues had called for the White House to respond with even sharper elbows. Some have issued dire assessments of what the Kremlin-backed hacking means for the United States, and suggested they will join with Democrats to propose even stiffer penalties on Russia — meaning Trump appears on a collision course with his party.

By aligning with Democrats, rather than backing the incoming GOP president, Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman John McCain, R-Ariz., and others are signaling just one of a number of areas that could leave Trump’s early months dominated by Republican infighting.
- See more at: http://www.rollcall.com/news/politi...ill-gop-collision-course#sthash.GbOHtiaf.dpuf

fool

Hall of Fame
It's hard to believe that adults would find themselves, weeping, whimpering, crying, threatening suicide, and believing the world has ended, over an election conclusion.

I might have done some of those things if Clinton had won but I would have done them in private.

ok doser

from what i've heard so far, it wasn't much of a hack

if you hear any details, i started a thread: http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?122526-Russian-Influence-Campaign-Details&highlight=

so far it's a ghost town with tumbleweeds blowing down the street :idunno:

ok doser

But the voters vote for the EC, and as my other thread has so clearly laid out we didn't have a popular vote so we don't know what "The Actual Voters" think since we never asked them.

darn those pesky details

you just went and harshed town's mellow - hanging onto the "but hillary won the popular vote!" is all he's got to cling to at the moment

fool

Hall of Fame
Trump agrees with him that the Russians had their fingers in the process. Congress, both parties, are about as pleased as the president. If anything Trump may be a comparative dove on the point, but it doesn't seem all that partisan now, as issues go.

From Roll Call, Dec. 29, 2016

Republican lawmakers who are influential on Capitol Hill on defense and foreign policy issues had called for the White House to respond with even sharper elbows. Some have issued dire assessments of what the Kremlin-backed hacking means for the United States, and suggested they will join with Democrats to propose even stiffer penalties on Russia — meaning Trump appears on a collision course with his party.

By aligning with Democrats, rather than backing the incoming GOP president, Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman John McCain, R-Ariz., and others are signaling just one of a number of areas that could leave Trump’s early months dominated by Republican infighting.
- See more at: http://www.rollcall.com/news/politi...ill-gop-collision-course#sthash.GbOHtiaf.dpuf

He's been on a collision course with the Republicans since he announced, when are people going to see that?

The Dems look like idiots no matter what they do. Clinton had a private server as Sec. State that they want us to believe wasn't hacked, but at the same time her campaign manager got phished and it was the Russians fault.

I wonder how the Russians enjoyed all her Yoga E-mails.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
But the voters vote for the EC,
Well, they vote and the EC takes over and calmly cancels the power of those who didn't side with the majority by virtue of the imaginary state line. A bad idea to my mind, but one that has only fouled things a handful of times.

and as my other thread has so clearly laid out we didn't have a popular vote so we don't know what "The Actual Voters" think since we never asked them.
Yeah, you got that one wrong. We absolutely know that Clinton won around three million more of those people. Collecting their votes is how the EC is directed, even if shortly thereafter it negates the value of a great many.

I've set out the harm I think usurping their will in the process does to the institutions of government once it starts happening frequently and my response to the peculiar notion of geography giving some more power than others, prior. That sort of thing.

fool

Hall of Fame
Well, they vote and the EC takes over and calmly cancels the power of those who didn't side with the majority by virtue of the imaginary state line. A bad idea to my mind, but one that has only fouled things a handful of times.
It is what it is. Why is it? Let's explore...

Yeah, you got that one wrong. We absolutely know that Clinton won around three million more of those people. Collecting their votes is how the EC is directed, even if shortly thereafter it negates the value of a great many.
But you still don't know because you didn't have that election.
I'll let my landmark thread on the subject stand as closure to that question on my side, so that we can move on to the source.
I've set out the harm I think usurping their will in the process does to the institutions of government once it starts happening frequently and my response to the peculiar notion of geography giving some more power than others, prior. That sort of thing.
And now we get to the next level.
Let's enumerate the levels of Inequity if not for our edification but those watching from abroad.

Every Ten years we count everyone in a Census.
We divide that number by 435 and spread that out along state lines with all districts being inside a state and every state gets at least one.

So already we have a population inequity. Right? With huge disparities in population per Representative.
Then You have The Senate. Two Senators, Two votes, no matter how small in area or Population.
The Senate is purely a construct of History. Laid in stone as each State Ratified the Constitution or applied for Statehood later.

And these two things can add up to what we had here in November.

The EC is not a thing, it's a thing of two things. Determined by two things and any problem is a consequence of a problem with the underlying two things.

Status
Not open for further replies.