Free Will

Jamie Gigliotti

That would be you. You feel that God would save you because of some good quality He saw in you that those He doesn't save didn't have. That is pride!

He sees the redemptive value in all sinners. We're all in the same love boat. Loved by God.

I dont take God for granted or salvation.

"Continue to work out your salvation in fear and trembling" Philippians 2:12

Why do that? You are a special chosen robot. The whole thing is ridiculous!

How crazy it is that we think that God is so loving that he loves us all! How dare we think so highly of Him!

beloved57

He sees the redemptive value in all sinners. We're all in the same love boat. Loved by God.

I dont take God for granted or salvation.

"Continue to work out your salvation in fear and trembling" Philippians 2:12

Why do that? You are a special chosen robot. The whole thing is ridiculous!

How crazy it is that we think that God is so loving that he loves us all! How dare we think so highly of Him!
So the proud one is you.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Jamie Gigliotti

That verse is not saying that God wills all of humanity to come to repentance.

That's not a possible exegesis of that scripture because He has already condemned some, they are being reserved for punishment.

Rev. 22:11
He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

2 Peter 2:9
The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

Jude 1:4
For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

These prove your belief of self-righteousness.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If it were impossible for some know about GOD, then they would have an excuse for not doing so.
But scripture says no one has an excuse not to know GOD.

Romans 1:20 KJV
(20) For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

If all are without excuse, then it must be available for all.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
If it were impossible for some to find GOD, then they would have an excuse for not doing so.
But scripture says no one has an excuse not to find GOD.

(20) For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

The above is Roman Catholic (Pelagian) teaching . . .

beloved57

If it were impossible for some know about GOD, then they would have an excuse for not doing so.
But scripture says no one has an excuse not to know GOD.

If all are without excuse, then it must be available for all.
Which one of those scriptures says that men have a freewill?

marhig

That verse is not saying that God wills all of humanity to come to repentance.

That's not a possible exegesis of that scripture because He has already condemned some, they are being reserved for punishment.

Rev. 22:11
He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

2 Peter 2:9
The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

Jude 1:4
For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
Yes those denying our Lord Jesus Christ, not those who have never heard his word. And to deny doesn't only mean not to believe, but it also means living to please your flesh and not letting the life of Christ live through us when we know the truth, this is to deny Christ and by not living by the will of God we deny God.

I don't understand your way of thinking, how can you walk down a street and look at others as having no hope because they are not in your church. I look around and think God loves all of you, he wants you all back. That's why the gospel was to be preached to all, because God loves all. I'll speak to anyone with the hope that they will listen and believe. You have a very warped gospel!

God is love, and he loves everyone!

marhig

You are the self righteous one. God supposedly saved you based upon a quality you had that another didn't have, so he didn't save them. Thats pride and self righteousness.

More like that's what you believe about yourself!

beloved57

More like that's what you believe about yourself!
That is what you believe about yourself. Everyone who denies the Sovereign Election believes. If God doesn't make a person to differ, then the person does, which is pride.