ECT What is the Gospel?

musterion

When Jesus shed his blood on the cross for the New Covenant, he was the Sacrificial Lamb of God and fulfilled all the law and the prophets.

That is about no more physical circumcision, because Jesus circumcises us in the heart.
That is about no more observance of special days, because all the special days are about Jesus and we observe him all day every day.
No one has to do various washings and bring an animal to sacrifice just to go to the temple, because Jesus' blood washes us and we become the temple.

That says absolutely nothing to what I posted. It's what Meshak would write, only with more words.

Do you have no self-respect? Do you not see how dishonestly and disrespectfully you handle the Word of TRUTH?

By deliberately posting irrelevant verses that do not address the point, you use God's Word to lie.

musterion

I couldn't care any less what Meshak says. She knows nothing but how to cut out and chop up the Bible and blasphemy Paul.

She is more like you, for she wants to cut out everything except the four first books, and you want to do away with them for us and keep only what Paul says...what you misunderstand Paul as saying.

Another lie. I accept ALL the Bible as God's Word. Only difference is, I acknowledge to whom each part was written. Most of it was NOT written to or about me. Or you. That's why you're foolish for claiming to be able to obey ALL of it. You can't. I can't. God doesn't intend for us to try.

God's Truth

Do you think people don't see how dishonest you are with God's Word, which you claim to love?

How would anyone think I was dishonest about God's Word?

Tell me, are you saying we do not have to obey anything that Jesus says to do?

Have you humbled yourself and know that state of humbleness is how you live through the Spirit?

Have you forgiven everyone who has done you wrong?

Do you know how that feels?

Do you understand that is what it feels like to live through the Spirit and the Spirit live through you?

Why can't you see that is why I urge others to obey, to try it, because it is good.

I believed in God and Jesus my whole life and read those things that Jesus says to do, but did not know God until I did those things, and more.

God's Truth

Another lie. I accept ALL the Bible as God's Word. Only difference is, I acknowledge to whom each part was written. Most of it was NOT written to or about me. Or you. That's why you're foolish for claiming to be able to obey ALL of it. You can't. I can't. God doesn't intend for us to try.

I do not lie, and I explained it right how you believe about the four gospel books and the others besides Paul. I didn't say you didn't believe they were scripture. I said you didn't think they were for us.

Why do you have to get so slanderous when you speak to me?

musterion

What was the secret good news revealed only through Paul, which was not revealed to anyone before him?

Do you know?

musterion

I do not lie, and I explained it right how you believe about the four gospel books and the others besides Paul. I didn't say you didn't believe they were scripture. I said you didn't think they were for us.

Why do you have to get so slanderous when you speak to me?

It's not slanderous to point out someone who claims EVERY WORD OF CHRIST IS FOR SALVATION, but won't obey every word of Christ.

That's just telling the truth.

And it is the truth.

God's Truth

That says absolutely nothing to what I posted. It's what Meshak would write, only with more words.

Do you have no self-respect? Do you not see how dishonestly and disrespectfully you handle the Word of TRUTH?

By deliberately posting irrelevant verses that do not address the point, you use God's Word to lie.

When Jesus walked the earth he says to repent (Luke 13:5); Jesus says if you obey my teachings you will be saved (Matthew 6:14, Matthew 6:15, John 8:31, John 13:17, John 15:10, John 15:14).

In addition, the disciples after having received the Holy Spirit, they CONTINUED to preach that the people should believe AND REPENT of their sins and call on Jesus' name (Acts 2:38, Acts 5:31, Luke 24:47, Acts 3:19,) and, even PAUL HIMSELF PREACHED REPENT AND BELIEVE TO BE SAVED (Acts 17:30; Acts 20:21, Acts 26:20, 2 Corinthians 12:21 ).

When Jesus died, rose again, and ascended to heaven, he taught to obey and repent, Revelation 3:3, Revelation 14:12, Revelation 2:5, Revelation 3:19, Revelation 9:20,21,Revelation 16:10, 11.

musterion

You're avoiding Paul's secret revelation.

Why?

I can tell you where it is in your Bible, if you like.

God's Truth

What was the secret good news revealed only through Paul, which was not revealed to anyone before him?

Do you know?

The secret is Jesus revealed.

Jesus was not known about in the Old Testament.

All the Old Testament, the Law, and the Prophets were all prophecies about Jesus Christ.

The New Testament is Jesus Christ revealed and all the prophecies.

Interplanner

Do you know?

Paul was speaking relative to Judaism's leaders. It is the same thought as 'we once knew Christ 'kata sarka' in 2 Cor 5. He now knew that all of Israel's promises were fulfilled in Christ. He grew up thinking they would be fulfilled through Israel and its following of the law. In Eph 3:6, we are to understand that the realization of all of Israel's promises and inheritance was fulfilled through the Gospel, not through the Law. This was not, nor could be, realized in Judaism as such. But sometimes the Spirit of Christ did help them realize.

For ex., I think Daniel realized it would not be Judaism when he expressed ch. 9. Messiah comes alright and is successful, but the city and temple are destroyed at the same time. This helped force a distinction, even if he couldn't see the whole.

God's Truth

It's not slanderous to point out someone who claims EVERY WORD OF CHRIST IS FOR SALVATION, but won't obey every word of Christ.

That's just telling the truth.

And it is the truth.

Jesus doesn't command everyone to sell all they have.

I obey everything that Jesus commands us all to do to enter the kingdom of heaven.

musterion

Jesus doesn't command everyone to sell all they have

But you said EVERY WORD HE SPOKE MUST BE OBEYED FOR SALVATION. You know I can prove it. That means YOU must obey His command to sell all you have if you want to be saved. How can it NOT mean that? It's what YOU said!

I obey everything that Jesus commands us all to do to enter the kingdom of heaven.

But you said EVERY WORD HE SPOKE MUST BE OBEYED FOR SALVATION.

Either EVERY WORD HE SPOKE must be obeyed for salvation, or not.

Which is it?

God's Truth

But you said EVERY WORD HE SPOKE MUST BE OBEYED FOR SALVATION. You know I can prove it. That means YOU must obey His command to sell all you have if you want to be saved. How can it NOT mean that? It's what YOU said!

But you said EVERY WORD HE SPOKE MUST BE OBEYED FOR SALVATION.

Either EVERY WORD HE SPOKE must be obeyed for salvation, or not.

Which is it?

I don't care what you twisted it into meaning.

You think you found something and cling to it as if your life depended on it.

The person Jesus told to stand up, pick up your mat and walk had to obey; however, how do you ever get that means I said we have to do that?

Interplanner

I don't care what you twisted it into meaning.

You think you found something and cling to it as if your life depended on it.

The person Jesus told to stand up, pick up your mat and walk had to obey; however, how do you ever get that means I said we have to do that?

The Gospel is what God did in Christ, 2 Cor 5. It is not any of the individual sayings or incidents during the ministry of Christ.

God's Truth

The Gospel is what God did in Christ, 2 Cor 5. It is not any of the individual sayings or incidents during the ministry of Christ.

You ate up that lie from false teachers.

Why not investigate more closely what you have been taught by others?

I challenge you to consider everything you have ever been taught.

What exactly in 2 Cor 5 do you think washes away all of Jesus' words when he bothered to come to this earth to tell us?!

Jesus SAVES us all on HIS OWN, but he chooses whom he saves, and he chooses those who believe and obey him.

Interplanner

The Judaizers preached a bedeviled gospel. There is no evidence that Paul approved of a 2nd very similar one to his own for Jews, because...he preached the one gospel to Jews many times, like Acts 13's sermon.

This 2 gospel nonsense is 2P2P's flawed pillar. In fact , it is the only one.

God's Truth

No, you are.

Think for yourself what is reasonable and right.
Jesus coming to earth for the Jews only and Paul coming to earth for Gentiles only is not reasonable.
I want Jesus' gospel and guess what? So does Paul; and that is what he got and preached.