Gay Oppression?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I defined what the bible is saying in the verse quoted. Keep pretending you dont get it to skirt the discussion as usual.

Twas a time before Jesus and the New Covenant.

Question: "What is the New Covenant?"

Answer: The New Covenant (or New Testament) is the promise that God makes with humanity that He will forgive sin and restore fellowship with those whose hearts are turned toward Him. Jesus Christ is the mediator of the New Covenant, and His death on the cross is the basis of the promise (Luke 22:20). The New Covenant was predicted while the Old Covenant was still in effect—the prophets Moses, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel all allude to the New Covenant.

The Old Covenant that God had established with His people required strict obedience to the Mosaic Law.
https://www.gotquestions.org/new-covenant.html

Righteous laws are one thing, unrighteous penalties are another.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Twas a time before Jesus and the New Covenant.

Question: "What is the New Covenant?"

Answer: The New Covenant (or New Testament) is the promise that God makes with humanity that He will forgive sin and restore fellowship with those whose hearts are turned toward Him. Jesus Christ is the mediator of the New Covenant, and His death on the cross is the basis of the promise (Luke 22:20). The New Covenant was predicted while the Old Covenant was still in effect—the prophets Moses, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel all allude to the New Covenant.

The Old Covenant that God had established with His people required strict obedience to the Mosaic Law.
https://www.gotquestions.org/new-covenant.html

Righteous laws are one thing, unrighteous penalties are another.

:yawn: Im starting to agree with those who are lately calling you a moby, you are pretending i didnt respond directly to a claim about an OT verse, and pretending there is a different discussion happening, i think you are a troll.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
:yawn: Im starting to agree with those who are lately calling you a moby,

You mean TOL's rainbow brigade?

you are pretending i didnt respond directly to a claim about an OT verse, and pretending there is a different discussion happening, i think you are a troll.

Since we're in a thread about homosexuality (started by a guy who just so happened to be raised by a proud and unrepentant homosexual), how about we talk about your stance on ENDA (Employment Non Discrimination Act)?

https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/senate-bill/815

It seems a bit more relevant to the OP than Deuteronomy 21:18-21.

Arthur Brain

Quote mining huh, here this will help you understand those verses:

https://erikbrewer.wordpress.com/2011/12/14/bible-teaching-rude-children-punishment/

Those aren't about small children like atheists and others too weak to even look up a commentary on what they don't understand, or even have any context or history on.

Nobody was arguing that they were toddlers or something so that's your own spin there. Given that the children in question are adults then do you think it should still be a capital offence for 'unruly' adult children to be executed?

Arthur Brain

Pretend you don't get the point, what the bible is describing, isnt rude young children, but those who wreak havoc and unchecked would destroy communities.

It doesn't mention anything about violent children, or gangs or anything else like that so again, that's you putting your own spin on things. Unless gluttony and being drunk should be capital crimes in your 'world' then these children are simply being executed for being rebellious against their parents, not running amok and assaulting people in the street etc...

Arthur Brain

[MENTION=13737]aCultureWarrior[/MENTION] the article presented above is what I was getting at in the other thread wjere you and I were discussing this passage. I DON'T think it's right to immediately stone someone's children (and I use that term loosely) if they disobey their parents. But if they have been given plenty of chances to repent, and remain stubborn and rebellious, then yes, they should be tried and executed.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Wow, well thank goodness lunatics like you don't wield any power to enforce such lunacy in the present.

Far right fundamentalism, gotta love it...

:plain:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
It doesn't mention anything about violent children, or gangs or anything else like that so again, that's you putting your own spin on things. Unless gluttony and being drunk should be capital crimes in your 'world' then these children are simply being executed for being rebellious against their parents, not running amok and assaulting people in the street etc...

You're between a rock and a hard place on this one Art.

Under Jewish laws a homosexual youth would be stoned to death; under Christian doctrine he or she would be taken to a reparative therapist where he or she would get spiritual and psychological counseling to overcome their sexual confusion.

Which would you prefer?

Arthur Brain

Under Jewish laws a homosexual youth would be stoned to death; under Christian doctrine he or she would be taken to a reparative therapist where he or she would get spiritual and psychological counseling to overcome their sexual confusion.

Which would you prefer?

Sanity, so neither, which funnily enough is how modern society approaches things on that score now anyway.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Sanity, so neither, which funnily enough is how modern society approaches things on that score now anyway.

:rotfl:

Unchecked democracy is why Europe is accelerating toward it's ironic moral collapse. It is slowly becoming the image of it's spastic biases- modern society is no less the crackpot it was five hundred years ago, hombre. Your era is not so magical as to change human nature.

Arthur Brain

:rotfl:

Unchecked democracy is why Europe is accelerating toward it's ironic moral collapse. It is slowly becoming the image of it's spastic biases- modern society is no less the crackpot it was five hundred years ago, hombre. Your era is not so magical as to change human nature.

Yeah, sure thing there 'hombre'...

:kookoo:

MrDante

Quote mining huh, here this will help you understand those verses:

https://erikbrewer.wordpress.com/2011/12/14/bible-teaching-rude-children-punishment/

Those aren't about small children like atheists and others too weak to even look up a commentary on what they don't understand, or even have any context or history on.

hmmm

“If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they discipline him,"
Nothing at all about the age of that stubborn and rebellious son

MrDante

Should these 'children' be executed?

blacks_0.jpg

do we live in a country that takes its laws from a literal interpretation of the bible?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Which would you prefer?

So you prefer death over life.

HIV-Young-Adult-Males-2011-CDC.png

http://americansfortruth.com/uploads/2013/09/HIV-Young-Adult-Males-2011-CDC.png

Arthur Brain

Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Which would you prefer?

So you prefer death over life.

HIV-Young-Adult-Males-2011-CDC.png

http://americansfortruth.com/uploads/2013/09/HIV-Young-Adult-Males-2011-CDC.png

Um, no, I said I preferred sanity over either of the "options" you posted. 'Americans For Truth' is equal parts moronic and oxymoronic in turn.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Um, no, I said I preferred sanity over either of the "options" you posted.

The only two options in the earlier debate was whether disobedient children should be stoned to death per Jewish civil law or given the opportunity to repent per Christian doctrine. You made a 3rd option: death by one's own immoral actions.

'Americans For Truth' is equal parts moronic and oxymoronic in turn.

It's CDC chart.

Arthur Brain

The only two options in the earlier debate was whether disobedient children should be stoned to death per Jewish civil law or given the opportunity to repent per Christian doctrine. You made a 3rd option: death by one's own immoral actions.

It's CDC chart.

The third option was sanity. Sorry you missed it but then I'm not altogether sure you even know what it is...