Give me biblical support for Christmas.

clefty

Amen, we need to activate our love for God to mankind.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

No surprise that no one responded to your alternative date for the birth of Jesus...turns out more energy is spent on defending man's traditiona as actually figuring out His birthday...just jokes redicule and clever distractions...

Yup...no surprise...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
C) neither...how about that?
You not getting why it's one or the other--I almost included it as an option.

why? What does it have to do with christ mass? Let alone birth?
It's a Christmas tree. Originally called a Paradise tree. Martin Luther is credited for it by many. They were hung with large wafers symbolizing the Eucharist.

I will write you down as following the sentimental eco friendly pagans.
Who contested your imagination? But you can't actually make the case, hand waving aside.

clefty

we weren't created to drink alcohol?

how come He gave us those genes for alcohol dehydrogenase?

LOL...

"...breakdown of alcohols naturally contained in foods or produced by bacteria in the digestive tract.[20]

purpose may be metabolism of the endogenous alcohol vitamin A (retinol), which generates the hormone retinoic acid, although the function here may be primarily the elimination of toxic levels of retinol.[21][22]"

Yay wiki!

So yes we have the ability to break down alcohol and ain't it something He asks us to throw out the fermenting yeast? Beware the the exact puffing up of this process and well the Pharisees...lol

So yes we have the ability to break down alcohol makes it our primary liquid does it...the reason we were created to thirst?

Amazing we were created even with biological grace to help us when we choose badly...

As if alcohol is now not a poison...lol

keypurr

No surprise that no one responded to your alternative date for the birth of Jesus...turns out more energy is spent on defending man's traditiona as actually figuring out His birthday...just jokes redicule and clever distractions...

Yup...no surprise...
As you could see not to many folks go deep. Bottom feeders are few. We get to the bottom of things.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
LOL...

"...breakdown of alcohols naturally contained in foods or produced by bacteria in the digestive tract.[20]

purpose may be metabolism of the endogenous alcohol vitamin A (retinol), which generates the hormone retinoic acid, although the function here may be primarily the elimination of toxic levels of retinol.[21][22]"

Yay wiki!

So yes we have the ability to break down alcohol and ain't it something He asks us to throw out the fermenting yeast? Beware the the exact puffing up of this process and well the Pharisees...lol

So yes we have the ability to break down alcohol makes it our primary liquid does it...the reason we were created to thirst?

Amazing we were created even with biological grace to help us when we choose badly...

As if alcohol is now not a poison...lol

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Do not drink water from now on, but drink a little wine because of your stomach and because of your chronic illness.

keypurr

It's a Christmas tree. Originally called a Paradise tree. Martin Luther is credited for it by many. They were hung with large wafers symbolizing the Eucharist.

Who contested your imagination? But you can't actually make the case, hand waving aside.
Have you ever read "The Two Babylon's by Alexander Hislop"?

If not you should.

clefty

No it doesn't. It does nothing.
so it should make it quite easy to stop doing it...because He hates it...

My place is pretty with or without a fir tree.
vanity...all is vanity and in vain...is why you should want to minimize that if you want to claim being His...He has more and better for you to do...

It won't end my world if the holiday is done away with.
I hope it's not done away with though, because I really enjoy that family gets off work and all be together for a good time.
should happen every weekend after six days of work...He has other days too for you and your family...

Horrors!

Horrors!
right...

It doesn't hurt me at all.
Jesus loves me.
maybe so but it hurts Him...He loves all sinners and when they realize what He has done...they gratefully do what He asks...if you love Him...

Law for the twelve tribes of Israel.
are you not a citizen of Israel...Paul says you are...keeping the 10 is also part of that...or do you just pick and choose which commandments you wish to keep to show Him your gratitude...

I don't rely on my own righteousness.
I'm not the one. Rom 5:18

I do not frustrate the grace (UNMERITED favor) of GOD.

Galatians 2:21 KJV​
(21) I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.​

If you are relying on your own righteousness, you are relying on the wrong one.

Lol...you are actually exactly frustrating His grace...willful sin is like that...rejection of the Spirit is well not a good idea...nobody does NOT keep Christmas to earn salvation or merit the ones I know who don't are pretty clear they don't because they love Him and don't wish to offend Him and wish to obey Him...and are just to busy all about Him to be distracted with something pagans do...

What He provides is better than what a rebranded coopted false worship can provide...

Yup pretty sure they aren't afraid of fir trees...just afraid of looking like they do as the pagans do and are of this world with nothing better to offer...not different enough or peculiar enough to get others to ask why?...

Yup the ones I know who don't put up a tree are not doing it because they are not ashamed of Him...His gospel...

Grateful for what He did and gave they wish to be clear they are His...doing things His way...wearing His yoke not some awesome ugly Christmas sweater for yucks...and giggles...

clefty

As you could see not to many folks go deep. Bottom feeders are few. We get to the bottom of things.

LOL as one not eating the unclean your analogy is ironic...

The path indeed is straight and narrow...few on it...is ok...not here for them...but Him...do pray to get a few more on it though...it's good exercise great view and arrival at destination guaranteed as He is steering the tandem bike I am on...the back seat...I just peddle...and try to keep my balance...He peddles and steers...lol

Ok it's late...thanks again for an ironic analogy...and a better Bday date...

Amazing how Satan still seeks to destroy even associating great evil to 9-11...

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
so it should make it quite easy to stop doing it...because He hates it...

vanity...all is vanity and in vain...is why you should want to minimize that if you want to claim being His...He has more and better for you to do...

should happen every weekend after six days of work...He has other days too for you and your family...

right...

maybe so but it hurts Him...He loves all sinners and when they realize what He has done...they gratefully do what He asks...if you love Him...

are you not a citizen of Israel...Paul says you are...keeping the 10 is also part of that...or do you just pick and choose which commandments you wish to keep to show Him your gratitude...

Lol...you are actually exactly frustrating His grace...willful sin is like that...rejection of the Spirit is well not a good idea...nobody does NOT keep Christmas to earn salvation or merit the ones I know who don't are pretty clear they don't because they love Him and don't wish to offend Him and wish to obey Him...and are just to busy all about Him to be distracted with something pagans do...

What He provides is better than what a rebranded coopted false worship can provide...

Yup pretty sure they aren't afraid of fir trees...just afraid of looking like they do as the pagans do and are of this world with nothing better to offer...not different enough or peculiar enough to get others to ask why?...

Yup the ones I know who don't put up a tree are not doing it because they are not ashamed of Him...His gospel...

Grateful for what He did and gave they wish to be clear they are His...doing things His way...wearing His yoke not some awesome ugly Christmas sweater for yucks...and giggles...

Sometimes there's a part of me, wants to run from these warm stars.

Down that 7 bridges road.

Trip a lot of us have to take.

Last edited:

keypurr

LOL as one not eating the unclean your analogy is ironic...

The path indeed is straight and narrow...few on it...is ok...not here for them...but Him...do hope to get a few more on it though...
The true church is within.
Are we not the Temple?
Why do they not see that?
They protect the very thing that man has distorted. Their church.

clefty

Wait Wut?

Hung with large wafers symbolizing the Eucharist which in turn symbolizes no wait ACTUALLY becomes Him His flesh...

So what we actually have here is Christians hanging Him on a tree...again...

Nice...Clap clap clap...

Some bday party for Him this Mass for Christ...no thanks, I will continue to pass

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Wait Wut?

Hung with large wafers symbolizing the Eucharist which in turn symbolizes no wait ACTUALLY becomes Him His flesh...

Nice...Clap clap clap...

Some bday party for Him this Mass for Christ...no thanks, I will continue to pass

Good one.:rotfl:

clefty

The true church is within.
Are we not the Temple?
Why do they not see that?
They protect the very thing that man has distorted. Their church.

Tradition is something man is proud of...they did it...is why they start with the young...Christmas is for the children they say...

Man making things up...making His own rules...started even before the fall in Eden...Eve lied and made a new Law...stating she was told to not even TOUCH the tree/fruit...that was a lie meant with good intention...to add to the law that it might be kept...

He warns beware the leavening of the Pharisee...puffs them up...they built all sorts of rules around the Law...they were so proud of them these traditions...is why for at least a week we should even avoid actual yeast...lol

Claiming Christmas is about Jesus...is the very same thing...meant to focus on something we shouldn't need or use props for...certainly not pagan props...but it's a blast

Hanging Him on a tree again...for his bday...wow

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Wait Wut?

Trying to give you an understanding that the tree itself was a Christian invention, not a pagan one, a bit of symbolism related directly to the season. Your sudden return to Mayberry tells me you got that, as does your pointless foray into an anti-Catholic bit.

Only if you're reading (or otherwise) impaired.

As I noted more than once, no one is forcing you to do anything. It's not a rite, it's a celebration.