Give me biblical support for Christmas.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Trying to give you an understanding that the tree itself was a Christian invention, not a pagan one, a bit of symbolism related directly to the season. Your sudden return to Mayberry tells me you got that, as does your pointless foray into an anti-Catholic bit.

Only if you're reading (or otherwise) impaired.

As I noted more than once, no one is forcing you to do anything. It's not a rite, it's a celebration.

If God represents the tree and the wafers Christ I don't see a problem.

Satan putting his own nest in there, well......

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Eph 4:7-8
7 But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ's gift.
8 Therefore He says: "When He ascended on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts to men."
(NKJ)

James 1:17-18
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
18 Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.
(NKJ)

John 15:8-9
8 "By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.
9 "As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.
(NKJ)

Mickiel

There is no biblical support for Christmas , Easter, Tithing , the Trinity ,satan being called "Lucifer" , the so called "Fall of man", communion wine being turned into blood , Jesus speaking more of hell than heaven ; the list is just endless. And the pride of Christianity to protect their religion is greater than this list. Its like a giant wall of historical selfish pride in their " Perceived calling."

The question is simple ; give me biblical support, the reality shown here is that they do anything but give biblical support. Its amazing ; their evasion is done with surgical precision.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
There is no biblical support for Christmas , Easter, Tithing , the Trinity ,satan being called "Lucifer" , the so called "Fall of man", communion wine being turned into blood , Jesus speaking more of hell than heaven ; the list is just endless. And the pride of Christianity to protect their religion is greater than this list. Its like a giant wall of historical selfish pride in their " Perceived calling."

The question is simple ; give me biblical support, the reality shown here is that they do anything but give biblical support. Its amazing ; their evasion is done with surgical precision.

so what?

Mickiel

The truth is coming out ; in all kinds of places ;

http://www.hope-of-israel.org/cmas1.htm

Summary;

An interesting site , it gives the common oncoming information about the truth behind Christmas, which so many "Small sections of un famous people" are finding out. Strange how all these so called 'Cult places" are seeing the same things. The Christian tire is being deflated.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Another site God has given some truth. The last will be first ; the last place's that Christians will look for truth will be given it.

you go right ahead and get your "some truth" from your cults

i got all the truth i need right here:
bible-600x360.jpg

clefty

Trying to give you an understanding that the tree itself was a Christian invention, not a pagan one,
how does that help your case...so Christians came up with a new abomination to celebrate their savior? Plenty of evidence pagans used trees too...even in the OT...
a bit of symbolism related directly to the season.
what season solstice?

Your sudden return to Mayberry tells me you got that, as does your pointless foray into an anti-Catholic bit.
it is not anti Catholic to be able to read their symbols...not my fault bread symbolizing other bread that turns into actual flesh is put on to a tree...nice gift for a bday..."here's a reminder of how you were put on a tree remember?" Him on the tree is celebrated by Catholics every week but now in an even different manner on a different day once a year near the solstice...just because...no wait! to celebrate His birth, a Son to conquer darkness as others celebrate another sun conquering darkness...nice...real nice...even now their Eucharist bread is shaped like a sun...

Only if you're reading (or otherwise) impaired.
being reading (or otherwise) impaired is to read eat my flesh drink my blood as literally acts of cannibalism He expected from His followers...some even left thinking that very thing...even His disciples remained puzzled until He took the time to clarify Himself...flesh profits nothing...so eating Him would be in vain...vanity...but the Words He spoke were the Spirit of LIFE...duh...bread of life...hello?

This was but one of many symbols or metaphors He used...nobody expected grapes when He said He was the grapevine...nobody entered Him when He said He was a door...nobody expected literal water to pour out of Him when He said to drink the living water pouring out of Him...and since there is no regard of some never thirsting again or ever dying (a miracle for sure) did He lie when He said drink and never thirst again...never die...?

Oh and they still needed torches in the garden the night they finally found Him to arrest Him DESPITE His saying He is the LIGHT...couldn't they just have seen His glowing?

"Take and eat and drink" was said before He was even sacrificed...

And yet it's "let's eat Him" but without chewing just swallow...wouldn't want to crush the Christ...

And now let's put Him on the tree again...for His birthday...

As I noted more than once, no one is forcing you to do anything. It's not a rite, it's a celebration.

Really?

"Because Christmas is a Holy Day of Obligation, all Catholics are required to attend Mass (or an Eastern Divine Liturgy) on Christmas Day. As with all Holy Days of Obligation, this requirement is so important that the Church binds Catholics to fulfill it under pain of mortal sin."

http://catholicism.about.com/od/holydaysandholidays/f/Christmas_Holy.htm

You still are.

Or Your ancestors were...

If not it is because much actual blood was spilled not to be impaired reading (or otherwise)

"The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life."

The Mass of Christ remains an abomination to HIM...the real irony is that we think by pagans or "learn not the way of the heathens" refers to those outside the Church, to those who don't claim to follow Christ...perhaps it is those who ask WWJD?

Certainly not partake of Christmas Ham...

clefty

now we're not supposed to eat bread? :freak:

Just the leavening silly...just throw out the yeast...no puffing up for seven days ok?

You gonna be ok without Ham in paradise? Might I suggest you practice getting used to it now?

Doing things you know, on earth as it is in heaven?

And oh btw...even though we are biologically capable of making multiple babies with multiple mothers...that wasn't the initial ideal...ya dig? So follow the pagans if you want...drink your alcohol...celebrate man made traditions if you must...just know it wasn't the initial ideal...

Last edited:

clefty

Eph 4:7-8
7 But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ's gift.
8 Therefore He says: "When He ascended on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts to men."

Kinda like the Santa they celebrate now?

James 1:17-18
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
18 Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.
(NKJ)
what is first fruits? Another one of those annulled OT thingys brought into the NT?

John 15:8-9
8 "By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.
9 "As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.
(NKJ)

"As the Father loved me" certainly does not include Christmas...it does include OT festivals even celebrated in the NT...imagine that...

clefty

If God represents the tree and the wafers Christ I don't see a problem.

Satan putting his own nest in there, well......

You or anyone else having a problem with it really isn't the issue...it's that HE has a problem with it...HATES IT...calls it detestable...an abomination...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
how does that help your case.
Given my "case" is simply that Christmas and the trappings essential to it can be and for most of us are completely comfortable as an expression of our faith in celebration of the birth of Jesus, as set out in the gospels.

..so Christians came up with a new abomination to celebrate their savior?
The abomination and sin is in you, not in it. So you should abstain. It's not a sacrament. It's not a commandment.

Plenty of evidence pagans used trees too
No, there isn't. The Romans and some pagans placed limbs of fragrant trees and used holly. The Christmas tree is our own invention and a fine tradition.

it is not anti Catholic to be able to read their symbols
If you want to say you're not anti-Catholic I'll simply point to the apparent distinction between that declaration and your writing on the point. In any event, I'm not Catholic so it's not really my fight.

...not my fault bread symbolizing other bread that turns into actual flesh is put on to a tree...nice gift for a bday
:plain: Or, it was a further underscoring of the point and purpose originated in a time when the Catholic Church was it.

being reading (or otherwise) impaired is to read eat my flesh drink my blood as literally acts of cannibalism
Noooo, you don't have a problem with Catholicism just because you call their doctrine cannibalism. :plain: You can take up most of what followed in your stream of unconsciousness with a member of that particular. And were I Catholic I'd likely respond that you're too flippant with the Holy to enter into a serious discourse on it.

By way of illustration:

And yet it's "let's eat Him" but without chewing just swallow...wouldn't want to crush the Christ...

And now let's put Him on the tree again...for His birthday...
He wasn't nailed to a tree. So why the cartoonish attempt to stretch a thing into something you can mock. That's a lot of straw in the air. Let's hope you aren't a smoker.

Really.

"Because Christmas is a Holy Day of Obligation, all Catholics are required to attend Mass (or an Eastern Divine Liturgy) on Christmas Day. As with all Holy Days of Obligation, this requirement is so important that the Church binds Catholics to fulfill it under pain of mortal sin."
I'm not Catholic. Neither are most Americans who put up a Christmas tree. I

Certainly not partake of Christmas Ham...
You're spiraling. :eek:

clefty

define "celebrate"

Diluting and counterfeiting a name hated since the second book of Revelations... The greek god of Nike and his followers (Laos) already troubled 3 of the 7 churches in Revelations...the work of which HE HATED...because it was idolatry...

But hey slap on "Saint" and make him just an old man flying around bringing gifts and stuff and our kids will be screaming and singing Santa NikeLaos in no time...

So what was that about not even having the name of another god pass our lips? Suffering our children lies?