Free Will

beloved57

He has been trying to correct me as a teacher.

You are a false witness.

Heed your own warning.

Have you stopped blaspheming against Paul?

No more than you have. You deny the teaching of Paul that they which are in the flesh can't please God or obey God Rom 8:7-8

God's Truth

That is not what I said at all.

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

You told me you were an atheist and hated God.

You said you never heard of Him.

Do you want to change that?

If you did not hate God and were not an atheist and knew something about God, then that proves you had enough faith and obeyed by humbling yourself and repented so that you could be saved.

God's Truth

So you know... I'm having to take a humorous tone here.

Really... [MENTION=14521]God's Truth[/MENTION] nailed this with scripture that screams of free will. [MENTION=16942]JudgeRightly[/MENTION] has unanswered debate and He too has solidly supported free will. [MENTION=17355]popsthebuilder[/MENTION] has substantiated it with his posts in a very clear way. [MENTION=17188]Jamie Gigliotti[/MENTION] nailed it also and has some strong supporting verses....

In fact, It would take me a while to give credit to everyone who nailed it on the money!

I think I know why you haven't received a verse on free will yet!

Picture 10 elephants in a room. Now imagine that people keep telling you that there is an elephant in the room and you say that they are full of hogwash.

Someone points you towards an elephant, but you close your eyes and say... "I see no elephant".

I could go on with this, but I think the point is clear.

Right on!

beloved57

If you did not hate God and were not an atheist and knew something about God, then that proves you had enough faith and obeyed by humbling yourself and repented so that you could be saved.

That's salvation by works. True Salvation comes by Christ humbling Himself and becoming obedient unto the cross, hence making many Righteous Rom 5:19 !

popsthebuilder

Either you knowingly twist and manipulate my words in the sight of others in an attempt to discredit me, or you are pretending to be dumb. I'm quite certain it is the first.

And we are all brothers and sisters. One who considers themselves above correction is one who considers themselves without flaw.

Are you the Christ?

Rhetorical

peace

Nanja

GT
You have that wrong. No one is born again unless they have faith, living faith, which is faith with obedience.

According to the scriptures, that's an incorrect statement.

New Birth precedes Faith, which is a Gift of the Holy Spirit.

First a person is Born of the Spirit, then they are partakers of His Fruit thereof:

Gal. 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Before a person is born of God, they can't do anything that pleases Him; it's all just worthless acts of the flesh Is. 64:6.

Rom. 8:7-8
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Being in the flesh means unregenerate; void of the Spirit of God.

1 Cor. 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

So according to God's Words, the only kind of Faith that pleases Him is the fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22 exclusively to all His Elect Children Eph. 1:4-5.

Rom. 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

beloved57

GT

First a person is Born of the Spirit, then they are partakers of His Fruit thereof:

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Before a person is born of God, they can't do anything that pleases Him; it's all just worthless acts of the flesh Is. 64:6.

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

So according to God's Words, the only kind of Faith that pleases Him is the fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22 exclusively to all His Elect Children Eph. 1:4-5.

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

Excellent Post!

beloved57

You have that wrong. No one is born again unless they have faith, living faith, which is faith with obedience.

See Acts 5:32, and John 14:23.

Just because we have to keep having faith AFTER we are saved does NOT mean we did NOT have it BEFORE we were saved.

Just look at what else that scripture says is the fruit of the Spirit, it says love is.

People love BEFORE they get saved! Even the wicked love those who love them.

You are badly mistaken!

Luke 6:32 "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them.

Those in the flesh can't please God Rom 8:8, so they can't believe!

Jamie Gigliotti

GT

"Therefore brothers (believers) we have an obligation (responsibility given to us by God), but it is not to the sinful to live according to it. For if you live according to the sinful nature you will die. But if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body you will live." Romans 8:12-13

Willfully choosing to submit to God is not salvation by works. It is required by God. It is a choice to be made.

It is not a work of our power. It is not a prideful act. It is a true act of humility.

Humility is a choice and 100 percent required by God.

Calvinism is the biggest attack on God "who is love" straight from the Father of lies.

If God loves me and I know He does. He loves us all. The question is will we share in His love by submitting and loving Him back.

God's Truth

GT

No one is born again until they have faith, repent of their sins, get saved by Jesus Christ, receive the Holy Spirit, and washed clean.

That is how one gets to be born again.

God's Truth

Either you knowingly twist and manipulate my words in the sight of others in an attempt to discredit me, or you are pretending to be dumb. I'm quite certain it is the first.

And we are all brothers and sisters. One who considers themselves above correction is one who considers themselves without flaw.

Are you the Christ?

Rhetorical

peace

So are you ready for correction, or are you a hypocrite?

You private messaged me and I know exactly what you said.

Why don't you straighten it out now.

Did you or not say you were an atheist and hated God?

Did you or not say you knew nothing about Him?

You are too busy trying to put me down instead of trying to show me where I misunderstood.

popsthebuilder

God's Truth,

Friend. I have tried repeatedly, privately, and publicly to mend wherever it is that we lost civil communication and initially came to you privately just so you wouldn't think I was trying to put you down. But I will gladly answer your questions again in hopes that we can get past this miscommunication.

Yes I openly stated that I was an atheist for over 20 years of my life. I also openly stated that though I didn't know of GOD from attending church or reading scripture, at one point in time in my past during my time of atheism, what I ignorantly thought I knew of the concept of god, I did hate. Really this was at a young age and a rather childish thing as one cannot hate what they do not believe in.

I said I didn't know anything about GOD from a religious stance as I was an atheist, but I was familiar with the term and too the term Jesus.

I really do hope that you can lower your defences that we might actually conversate.

Miscommunication happens. It's no big deal.

I was given faith as a humble, hopeful nonbeliever though. Please understand that this is not me saying I was, and always will be saved from the consiquinces of my own actions, or the lack there of.

I thought you knew me better than that.

I welcome correction wherever it comes from, but you won't be correcting me about a personal experience that had nothing to do with you that you didn't witness.

My faith didn't come from reading or hearing scripture either, contrary to how you say it must work. I mentioned that before and you never responded. Could you now please?

I hope I cleared up any misunderstandings. If not, then feel free to ask me to attempt to clarify further.

Sincerely,

peace