Gay Oppression?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
“If there is anyone who curses his father or his mother, he shall surely be put to death" Leviticus 20:9

“If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they discipline him, will not listen to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gate of the place where he lives, and they shall say to the elders of his city, ‘This our son is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones." Deut 21:18-21

Quote mining huh, here this will help you understand those verses:

https://erikbrewer.wordpress.com/2011/12/14/bible-teaching-rude-children-punishment/

Those aren't about small children like atheists and others too weak to even look up a commentary on what they don't understand, or even have any context or history on.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
[MENTION=13737]aCultureWarrior[/MENTION] the article presented above is what I was getting at in the other thread wjere you and I were discussing this passage. I DON'T think it's right to immediately stone someone's children (and I use that term loosely) if they disobey their parents. But if they have been given plenty of chances to repent, and remain stubborn and rebellious, then yes, they should be tried and executed.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
[MENTION=13737]aCultureWarrior[/MENTION] the article presented above is what I was getting at in the other thread wjere you and I were discussing this passage. I DON'T think it's right to immediately stone someone's children (and I use that term loosely) if they disobey their parents. But if they have been given plenty of chances to repent, and remain stubborn and rebellious, then yes, they should be tried and executed.

Forget being convicted of a capital crime,

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/capital+offense

just go ahead and stone them because they're stubborn and rebellious?

You theocrats scare me.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Should these 'children' be executed?

blacks_0.jpg

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
“If there is anyone who curses his father or his mother, he shall surely be put to death" Leviticus 20:9

In those times, if a person grew to be rebellious and given to sins, they remained that way. It was not a 'second chance' world, you either rose to be what you needed to be or you didn't.

However, it required the permission of both the mother and father so that it wouldn't be abused by an authority. The way it was seen was that if a person is simple- if a person was going to grow into sin and make their family miserable, there was no reason to have them around.

Banishment was the particular choice, and stoning to death if they remained or persisted.

Try reading some commentaries, folks :chuckle:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

In those times, if a person grew to be rebellious and given to sins, they remained that way. It was not a 'second chance' world, you either rose to be what you needed to be or you didn't.

However, it required the permission of both the mother and father so that it wouldn't be abused by an authority. The way it was seen was that if a person is simple- if a person was going to grow into sin and make their family miserable, there was no reason to have them around.

Banishment was the particular choice, and stoning to death if they remained or persisted.

Try reading some commentaries, folks :chuckle:
See the link A4T posted above.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Keep pretending you don't get the point. We both know though, that you do.

I get the point that you and JudgeRightly are in favor of returning to Jewish theocratic laws and punishment.

I believe that Commandment #5 has more to do with age of consent/accountability laws here in western civilization than with stoning to death those who go astray.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I get the point that you and JudgeRightly are in favor of returning to Jewish theocratic laws and punishment.

I believe that Commandment #5 has more to do with age of consent/accountability laws here in western civilization than with stoning to death those who go astray.

I defined what the bible is saying in the verse quoted. Keep pretending you dont get it to skirt the discussion as usual.