The Slaying of Reformed Theology (Calvinism)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Revelation 19:8 Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear." (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of God's holy people.)

Did you read that? Looks like righteous acts matter. You will be naked without them and not clothed in Christ.

Exactly-

Rev 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mat 20:16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
About Israel ....

Isaiah 61:9-10 KJV
(9) And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed.
(10) I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
About Israel ....

(9) And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed.
(10) I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

Yes it is Israel, the seed through Christ and none other.

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

LA

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
About Israel ....

Oh, now you know I have to shout... AMEN... to that!

The first shall be last and the last shall be first!!!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The OP is made by EvilEye and it is about him slaying Calvinism.

He denies that my saying Calvinism is rooted in speaking against believing and obey Jesus.

Reformers never speak against believing and/or obeying God.

Calvinists say they cannot do either until Jesus first saves them.

No . . the exact language of the Reformers, is "regeneration precedes faith." "Salvation" is the result of the whole package of miracles worked by God (alone):

regeneration (resurrection of sinners to new spiritual life), sanctification (holiness and obedience), and preservation (perseverance through the indwelling Holy Spirit that seals) of the believers unto everlasting life.

However, there is no scripture anywhere that says God saves unbelievers.

Romans 5:8

God's Truth

About Israel ....

Do you think that scripture nullifies this one?

Revelation 19:8 Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear." (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of God's holy people.)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The middle eastern Israel of Judaism, will link with the RCC to destroy Christians who do not worship with them.

Remember this and then you will really know who the Lord speaks to and who are the false prophets.

LA

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Yes it is Israel, the seed through Christ and none other.

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

LA

Amen!

God's Truth

They sure do. I say we have to believe and obey to be saved and you go against that by saying no we cannot believe and obey until we are regenerated/saved.

That is going against obedience.

God's Truth

No . . the exact language of the Reformers, is "regeneration precedes faith." "Salvation" is the result of the whole package of miracles worked by God (alone):

regeneration (resurrection of sinners to new spiritual life), sanctification (holiness and obedience), and preservation (perseverance through the indwelling Holy Spirit that seals) of the believers unto everlasting life.

Romans 5:8

Regeneration by the Holy Spirit IS SALVATION.

Status
Not open for further replies.