The grammar of Gal 2 and the folly of 2P2P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interplanner

So you are claiming Paul to the gentiles and Peter to the Jews? Be careful.....Because in Christ, there is no gentile or Jew. So go ahead, and expound on your claim.

7 And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them: "Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe.

Generally, yes, but see how many times Paul talked to jews (Acts 13) and Peter recounts his work as though to the Gentiles!!! (acts 15:7)

There is nothing to be careful about about the 'in Christ' thing. Yes in normal life such distinctions are there, but those of us who are 'in Christ' seek to operate that way, and cross bridges, break down walls, etc, anyway, not as a secular movement that BO was in in Chicago or Princeton, but in the Gospel--in Christ.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Generally, yes, but see how many times Paul talked to jews (Acts 13) and Peter recounts his work as though to the Gentiles!!!

So yes, but no. So they made a deal, then broke the deal.

:liberals:

Paul went to the Jew first, then the gentile. Peter went to the Jew first, then the gentile. That means Galatians 2 means what the translators say it means. A gospel for the Jews, and a gospel for the gentiles.

Peter was told to go to all nations. So why again does he not go to all nations?

Interplanner

So yes, but no. So they made a deal, then broke the deal.

:liberals:

Paul went to the Jew first, then the gentile. Peter went to the Jew first, then the gentile. That means Galatians 2 means what the translators say it means. A gospel for the Jews, and a gospel for the gentiles.

Peter was told to go to all nations. So why again does he not go to all nations?

There is no exclusive deal!!! Nothing ever happens that way in mission work nor in Acts, and anyway in the grammar of Gal 2, it is the target audience. Going to a target audience does not AUTOMATICALLY mean that you change your message, not when the message is Christ plus nothing is what saves us, which it is.

Do not use narrative in the gospels or Acts AS DOCTRINE. The doctrine is in doctrinal sections of the letters.

Paul rode on ships and walked. Are we supposed to ride only on ships and walk?

Interplanner

gospel of circumcision- study Abraham in circumcision, and the things the LORD told Abraham

gospel of uncircumcision- study Abram in uncircumcision, and the things the LORD told Abram

It's not difficult for Bible believers to understand.

You never say the specific thing because it will violate Rom 4 which is not 2P2P and you'd be stuck. And you think I do riddles!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Check any commentary where the person knows Greek grammar, and you'll see the error here.

The subject is Paul/Peter.
The verb is to preach the gospel. There is only one. The direct object is BUILT IN.
The indirect object is the two targets. An indirect object for 'preach' cannot be the content preached. it can only be the target(s).

The truly stupid thing is that 2P2P has chosen this as a proof text of two gospels, when the anathema of another gospel is 10 verses away. There is no way that Paul meant two competing "Christian" ones were OK, because there is no such thing.

this is the utter dishonesty of the 2P2P garbage. No where in the whole NT is there the sentiment that there is a 2nd or a close 2nd or one for one group, one for another, BUT THEY DON'T KNOW THIS because of their isolated and compartmentalized way of reading.

What on Earth does Galatians 2 have to do with the belief in the hollow moon theory?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is no exclusive deal!!!

7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter

Every rebuttal to IP from scripture should start out with this; on the contrary.

the message is Christ plus nothing is what saves us, which it is.

Is this true?

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Your continued non-answers is noticed.

Do not use narrative in the gospels or Acts AS DOCTRINE.

And there you have it. All eventually crack and give away their agenda. Don't believe the Bible or take your doctrine from it. Take it from the books of men. Like him.

Interplanner

7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter

Every rebuttal to IP from scripture should start out with this; on the contrary.

Is this true?

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Your continued non-answers is noticed.

And there you have it. All eventually crack and give away their agenda. Don't believe the Bible or take your doctrine from it. Take it from the books of men. Like him.

so you still don't understand the grammar of Gal 2? What is your problem? Do you know how to diagram English?

You bet it is true that Christ plus nothing saves us. There is one gospel, one savior, one act about which all eternity will say "IT IS ACCOMPLISHED." You are a complete foreigner to Biblical, historic, NT Christianity.

Faith is always alive. it is never a corpse. You completely missed the point in your delusion.

re narrative
Do not get doctrine from narrative or you will have 39 different beliefs on everything. You go to the doctrinal teaching chapters of the letters. That is also THE BIBLE so to say I'm not going to THE BIBLE is stupidity and a lie. This interp principle has been the practice of the reformation church ever since trying to clear up the mess called medieval Catholicism.

The running example on this is what Paul did with Titus and also his vow at the end of Acts. Completely contrary to his teaching. But we don't know everything about the situations. The Bible is terse. I think on the 2nd he was using the vow to get in trouble to get to the top level of hearings. With Titus, he wanted to save some trouble. I don't think we are supposed to seek trouble if we can help it.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I already knew you were not trying to make sense...

2P2P doesn't refer to the hollow moon theory?

Well it must be a new 4k High Definition Television protocol then!

So what does Galatians 2 have to do with how many pixels your tv has? I don't get it!

DAN P

so you still don't understand the grammar of Gal 2? What is your problem? Do you know how to diagram English?

You bet it is true that Christ plus nothing saves us. There is one gospel, one savior, one act about which all eternity will say "IT IS ACCOMPLISHED." You are a complete foreigner to Biblical, historic, NT Christianity.

Faith is always alive. it is never a corpse. You completely missed the point in your delusion.

re narrative
Do not get doctrine from narrative or you will have 39 different beliefs on everything. You go to the doctrinal teaching chapters of the letters. That is also THE BIBLE so to say I'm not going to THE BIBLE is stupidity and a lie. This interp principle has been the practice of the reformation church ever since trying to clear up the mess called medieval Catholicism.

The running example on this is what Paul did with Titus and also his vow at the end of Acts. Completely contrary to his teaching. But we don't know everything about the situations. The Bible is terse. I think on the 2nd he was using the vow to get in trouble to get to the top level of hearings. With Titus, he wanted to save some trouble. I don't think we are supposed to seek trouble if we can help it.

Hi and Gal 2:27 , has two GREEK ARTICLES for your information !!

#1 Is called THE GOSPEL of THE UN-CIRCUMCISION , which is the Gospel that Paul preached !!

#2 , The other ARTICLE is called THE CIRCUMCISION and notice that the word Gospel is not used in this phrase , which is what Peter preach !!

#3 The Greek ARTICLE points to a SPECIFIC THING , like UN-circumcision and to Circumcision !! These are two different Gospels and 2 different people !!

Why is the Greek word Gospel not used for Peter ??

I know that as a Greek degreed scholar , ylou have no answer , do you ??

Since you have a degree in Greek than will you explain 1 Tim 1:16 and how we are a PATTERN for salvation and IF you can not do that explain how you were saved with at least 3 verses , you can do it RIGHT ??

dan p

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was watching Les Feldick on TV. He pointed out to his small audience that if you just replace "circumcision" with Jews, it is easier for the lame to under stand.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Never mind!

I don't guess it means anything other than "Some undefined doctrine that Interplanner doesn't like."

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
2P2P

two people, two programs

It's what IP argues against, thinking he's arguing against MAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.