I wonder what its like to be a Christian?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I wonder what its like to believe that your religion is the one?

no, you don't wonder about this one

this one you know

because the religion you've devised for your lone little self, you're convinced is "the one"

balut55

That's what fellowship is for to discuss things and arrive at a conclusion that is correct.

Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water; but a man of understanding will draw it out.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Mickiel

The first century Christians were opposed to the world's systems , and avoided any contact with paganism. That all changed in the 4th century when the church became public and absorbed philosophy , paganism , Greek and Roman cultures.

And its never been the same.

clefty

I wonder what its like to believe that your religion is the one? To the Christian its called "Faith"; they naturally will think its only being spiritual to believe that your the chosen one's. I mean your supposed to think your special. I consider that most interesting, because a lot of people are going to be short changed and their religion insulted ; because its only so much room at the top.

Lol...you realize it's just part of their tradition...even on the night of the last supper and right after the christening of the NEW COVENANT was done with a toast to a room full of Jews...the squabbling continued for hierarchy and who is the most chosenness...

Of course those who thought they were real chosen resented this NEW COVENANT offshoot upstart cult and hunted them down to even kill them...It took direct Divine intervention to get one of the leaders to accept them after being knocked off his horse and blinded...

Divine intervention had to even occur for the alleged primary key holding FOUNDER OF THE CHURCH to believe the goyim were desiring to play along...even keep the rules...A vision from Heaven with the voice of God and everything is what it took for poor Peter to accept others into the game...

Some Jews went so far as to make up a new rule "you must be circumcised to play with us and get saved"...so of course the infighting continued...

But even on the night of the last supper the disciples this night were fighting each other for who was supreme disciple, most loved, and this was long after Yahushua gave Peter the keys to the kingdom...apparently not even the disciples believed what some insist now...that Peter was most favored and sole founder etc...

So just chill about His followers all banging heads for "True and Only" status and honors...pray for long suffering and patience...and just keep giving to Caesar (as best you are able) what is his to humor him and placate him and not get you banned here...and stay faithful in giving to God what is His...

Last edited:

balut55

What did Jesus mean when he said "Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Mickiel

Lol...you realize it's just part of their tradition...even the night of the last supper right after the christening of the NEW COVENANT was done with a toast to a room full of Jews the squabbling continued for hierarchy and who is the most chosenness...

The disciples this night were fighting each other for who was supreme disciple most loved and this was long after Yahushua gave Peter the keys to the kingdom...apparently not even the disciples believed what some insist now...that Peter was most favored and sole founder etc...

So just chill about His followers all banging heads for "True and Only" status and honors...pray for long suffering and patience...and just keep giving to Caesar (as best you are able) what is his to humor him and placate him and not get you banned here...and stay faithful in giving to God what is His...

I am already banned ,eventually I'll mis spell a word or something. But I understand that, you can't go against the pride of power. To be Christian is to have a lot of pride and a lot of power. The historical evolution of the church from Roman Catholic to thousands of braches of Christianity is stunning.

clefty

I am already banned ,eventually I'll mis spell a word or something. But I understand that, you can't go against the pride of power. To be Christian is to have a lot of pride and a lot of power. The historical evolution of the church from Roman Catholic to thousands of braches of Christianity is stunning.

I did some edit...please re read...I mean to say it ain't just Christians who do it but just continue what was already occuring...churches in the revelations too were being reprimanded for such behaviors...

Judah divided Israel over taxing its brothers to worship at Jerusalem...thought itself superior to Israel...

Satan knows to conquer a house one must only divide it...deceiving it into teaching things are divided under two different laws for instance...OT vs NT...or OT fulfilled another way to say destroyed....and now it's the new way NT...lol...*

Jews were all too happy to falsely accuse Paul that he taught their customs and laws were changed...He did not do that...

They even falsely accused Yahushua of doing the same...dividing them...He wasn't...just merely restoring it back to what was Caesars (man's traditions) and what was Yah's undivided house...

You know "His will be done...on earth as it is in Heaven" see? Undivided...

*even Catholics now claim the current pope is anti-pope as he/V2 made too many changes...dividing the tradition...

clefty

Iron sharpens iron...so don't misspell a word or something...yes the development however begins from Jerusalem and not Rome...the fact it fractions out into the thousands of branches is actually good...unity is not uniformity...

Each part plays a role in the body...the Head of which is Him...I like the branches branching as it makes true that the faith comes by hearing...and well debating arguing and otherwise studying the word makes it a shouting match thus others hear it...love your enemy was not practiced in the truth censoring Church...but lessons were learned and Truth moved on...like the cloud to the church in the wilderness...itself twelve tribes already...

It's as we come together study worship...2,3 in MY NAME that the Spirit descends...church remains chaff

Chaff is blown away burnt...you the kernel is the harvest...

Battle on I say...put on the whole armor of Christ...against powers and principalities not flesh and blood no matter how much you disagree with them...

Ben Masada

I meet so many Christians everyday online ; talk with them everyday; examine how they think. If I wrote down how Christians really are , they would close this thread. I mean you can see it for yourself on any Christian message board. The behavior is common; a few are merciful and full of grace; loving , one could say these few are Christ like. To meet these few is rare. Most are very judgmental and hell minded. I mean they will put you in their hell in a slap minute! And think nothing of it. Some are very harsh and cruel. Many are elitist, you know , like their from another planet. Like the bible is theirs to have and to hold , and your just a fool left out. You know the type, like you can't have any of the candy , its all theirs; too bad!

And you wonder why these people seem to think they have the anointing all wrapped up to themselves? Like they walk on water or something? I mean where does this behavior come from? From Christ? Whom they claim to immolate? Is it just human nature?

I wonder what its like to be Christian?

I mean if I use the ones here as an example , would this thread last?

The behavior you ask where it comes from, I would say it comes from Paul, the man responsible for the rising of
Christianity if you read Acts 11:26. It could definitely not come from Jesus because, Jesus had never even dreamed that Christianity would ever rise.

Mickiel

The behavior you ask where it comes from, I would say it comes from Paul, the man responsible for the rising of
Christianity if you read Acts 11:26. It could definitely not come from Jesus because, Jesus had never even dreamed that Christianity would ever rise.

That's true. And I am not suggesting that we must go back in biblical times and do everything exactly as the disciples did between AD 30 and 60.No , cultural and social shifts over the last two thousand years have made it impossible to imitate some of their life styles. Adhering to the" Principles" of the New Testament does not mean reenacting the "Events" of the first century church.

Mickiel

Christianity did in fact not come from Jesus, the "Way" morphed into Christianity , and Christianity has morphed into something today that in no manner resembles the first church.