The Word "WHOSOEVER" Refutes Calvinism, All Religions

beloved57

Every time God commanded people to do something or not do something the existence of volition (or freewill) is assumed. When He told the First Parents not to eat of the Tree of Knowledge the fact that they could disobey His commands was a given. No rational being would order an inanimate object to act (on its own) when it lacks the power to respond. If man has no volition all God's commands to man would be predicated on nonsense. Joshua 24:15 says 14 "Now, therefore, fear the LORD and serve Him in sincerity and truth; and put away the gods which your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD. 15" If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

To "serve" means to submit ones will to (see also Romans 6:16). When Joshua addressed Israel they both knew Israel had the power either to submit their wills to false gods or the true God. Joshua urged them to make the right choice. The ability to make such a choice (for or against God's will) is precisely what "volition" or "will" is.

Choices are presented to men throughout the whole of the Bible. Every time God commands men to do something or not to do something the existence of human will is reaffirmed. The evidence is overwhelming. Your commitment to the bare literality of words exemplified by your demand "show me a scripture that says (literally) 'man has freewill' prevents you from seeing it. Your unquestioning loyalty to John Calvin's teaching prevents you from thinking for yourself.

Show me the scripture, not assumption

beloved57

Some things are so apparent that it only takes common sense to figure it out.

You are so full of rebellion that you want to say black is not black, black is white.
Oh, the natural man religion. Forget about the scripture. Your authority is common sense.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Robert Pate

Banned
Oh, the natural man religion. Forget about the scripture. Your authority is common sense.

It is so apparent that everyone has a free will, that it is ridiculous to say that they don't.

I suppose that is why you have embraced Calvinism, it is so ridiculous.

beloved57

It is so apparent that everyone has a free will, that it is ridiculous to say that they don't.

I suppose that is why you have embraced Calvinism, it is so ridiculous.

Your preaching comes from the natural mind of a man,mans freewill gospel !

beloved57

God gave us all a brain. It doesn't take much thinking to figure out that everyone has a free will.

Only those that are blind to the truth would say that no one has a free will.

You have 666 in your forehead, the religion of a man ! Rev 13:18

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Robert Pate

Banned
You have 666 in your forehead, the religion of a man ! Rev 13:18

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Here is an experiment for you.

Go out on the street and tell people that they are a bunch of dumb SOB's. No one will be able to harm you because they don't have a free will.

beloved57

Here is an experiment for you.

Go out on the street and tell people that they are a bunch of dumb SOB's. No one will be able to harm you because they don't have a free will.
Show me a scripture that says man has a freewill!

Shasta

I guess you did not read what I said. Actually I would not have expected anything else. Here is the same scripture again:

Joshua 24:14-14 "Now, therefore, fear the LORD and serve Him in sincerity and truth; and put away the gods which your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD. 15" If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

By telling them to make a choice that day Joshua is saying they had the ability to choose. WILL is by definition the ability to choose. Here is Wiki's definition:
Volition or will is the cognitive process by which an individual decides on and commits to a particular course of action.
Joshua presented two courses of action to them: to serve God or not. It was up to them to decide for themselves which they would do. This is proof of volition in a concrete example.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I guess you did not read what I said. Actually I would not have expected anything else. Here is the same scripture again:

Joshua 24:14-14 "Now, therefore, fear the LORD and serve Him in sincerity and truth; and put away the gods which your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD. 15" If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

By telling them to make a choice that day Joshua is saying they had the ability to choose. WILL is by definition the ability to choose. Here is Wiki's definition: Joshua presented two courses of action to them: to serve God or not. It was up to them to decide for themselves which they would do. This is proof of volition in a concrete example.
inb4 "show me where it says man has free will"

#callingitnow

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Shasta

inb4 "show me where it says man has free will"

#callingitnow

I still want an explanation as to why you think Joshua 24:14-14 is NOT a concrete example an occasion where man's power to choose is acknowledged.

It seems there is disdain for studying the meaning of scriptures in favor of finding proof texts. This puts the reader in charge of imposing their own maxims as the key to discerning what is true. God may not word something to your liking. Truth is often not lying on the surface. We must hunt for it has hidden treasures. We are expected to study the scriptures and rightly divide the scriptures in the whole of their context. I don't have to produce proof texts worded as you expect them to be, All I really have to do to prove my point is show that the truth is contained in the meaning of a text.

But if proof texting is really your sole method of discovering truth then it is up to you to provide us with a proof text that explicitly states "man does not have a will"

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I still want an explanation as to why you think Joshua 24:14-14 is NOT a concrete example an occasion where man's power to choose is acknowledged.

It seems there is disdain for studying the meaning of scriptures in favor of finding proof texts. This puts the reader in charge of imposing their own maxims as the key to discerning what is true. God may not word something to your liking. Truth is often not lying on the surface. We must hunt for it has hidden treasures. We are expected to study the scriptures and rightly divide the scriptures in the whole of their context. I don't have to produce proof texts worded as you expect them to be, All I really have to do to prove my point is show that the truth is contained in the meaning of a text.

But if proof texting is really your sole method of discovering truth then it is up to you to provide us with a proof text that explicitly states "man does not have a will"
You asking me? I'm an open theist on b57's ignore list.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Sorry I thought you were siding with him.
Lol it's fine. B57 put me on his block list when I asked him if God predestined babies to be sacrificed on the altar to Molech, because in that specific passage God never commanded it, nor did it enter his mind.

Robert Pate

Banned
Lol it's fine. B57 put me on his block list when I asked him if God predestined babies to be sacrificed on the altar to Molech, because in that specific passage God never commanded it, nor did it enter his mind.

B57 and Nanja believe that God is a sinner like them. They are okay with the idea that God predestinates billions to hell for no reason other than they were born after Adam.