Jesus Changed The Law

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
CHRIST CHANGED THE LAW

Heb 7:12-16
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
13 For He of whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no man has officiated at the altar.
14 For it is evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood.
15 And it is yet far more evident if, in the likeness of Melchizedek, there arises another priest
16 who has come, not according to the law of a fleshly commandment, but according to the power of an endless life.
Heb 7:18-19
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
19 for the law made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
Heb 7:22
22 by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.
Heb 7:28
28 For the law appoints as high priests men who have weakness, but the word of the oath, which came after the law, appoints the Son who has been perfected forever.
Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
Heb 8:7
7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
Jude 1:24-25
24 Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
25 To God our Savior, who alone is wise, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen.
Gal 5:1-5
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
James 2:10
10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
James 2:12-13
12 So speak and so do as those who will be judged by the law of liberty.
13 For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
Matt 6:14-15
14 "For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 "But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Gal 6:2-5
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.
4 But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
5 For each one shall bear his own load.
Rom 2:12
12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law
Gal 6:2
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
(NKJ)

XXX Christ didnt do away with the idea of law. He just came to deliver us from the old testament law of sin and death. And He done it with the new testament law of Christ. One cant keep them both. One cant get an eye for an eye and turn the other cheek both at the same time.

Matt 5:17-18
17 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
18 "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.
(NKJ)

Matt 7:12
12 "Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
(NKJ)

Matt 23:23
23 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.
(NKJ)

Luke 10:26-28
26 He said to him, "What is written in the law? What is your reading of it?"
27 So he answered and said," 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,' and 'your neighbor as yourself.'"
28 And He said to him, "You have answered rightly; do this and you will live."
(NKJ)

Luke 16:16-17
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
17 "And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one tittle of the law to fail.
(NKJ)

Heb 10:1

1 For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect.
(NKJ)

Rom 7:6
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
(NKJ)

Ben Masada

Jesus Changed the Law!

Squeaky, have you ever read Mat. 5:17-19? Jesus himself declared that he had not come to abolish the Law but to fulfill it down to the letter and to make sure we all did the same until heaven and earth passed away. Have heaven and earth passed away yet? Absolutely not! So, why do you post a thread stating that Jesus changed the Law?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Matt 5:17-19
17 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
18 "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.
19 "Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
(NKJ)

Squeaky, have you ever read Mat. 5:17-19? Jesus himself declared that he had not come to abolish the Law but to fulfill it down to the letter and to make sure we all did the same until heaven and earth passed away. Have heaven and earth passed away yet? Absolutely not! So, why do you post a thread stating that Jesus changed the Law?

I said
Jesus didn't abolish the old testament law. It is still in affect for the whole world to be judged by. But He did fulfill it. And He taught us how to fulfill it. By fulfilling it we are delivered from it, by the law of Christ.

Rom 13:8-10
8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
9 For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not bear false witness," "You shall not covet," and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
(NKJ)

In so doing we find the Holy Spirit and totally submit to Him.

Rom 8:1-2

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:22-25
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
(NKJ)

Gal 5:1-4

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

Ben Masada

I said: Jesus didn't abolish the old testament law. It is still in affect for the whole world to be judged by. But He did fulfill it. And He taught us how to fulfill it. By fulfilling it we are delivered from it, by the law of Christ.

According to whom is the concept that, once we fulfilled the Law, the Law has passed away? It must have been Paul who declared that he had been released from the Law. (Romans 7:6) And, mind you, he meant the Decalogue if you read the next verse (7:7) Where do we have, "Thou shall not covet" if not in the Decalogue? Well, I prefer to stay with Jesus who said, we must listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31) According to him, the Law did not pass away after he fulfilled it.(Mat. 5:17-19)

Ben Masada

I said: Jesus didn't abolish the old testament law. It is still in affect for the whole world to be judged by. But He did fulfill it. And He taught us how to fulfill it. By fulfilling it we are delivered from it, by the law of Christ.

According to whom is the concept that, once we fulfilled the Law, the Law has passed away? It must have been Paul who declared that he had been released from the Law. (Romans 7:6) And, mind you, he meant the Decalogue if you read the next verse (7:7) Where do we have, "Thou shall not covet" if not in the Decalogue? Well, I prefer to stay with Jesus who said, we must listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31) According to him, the Law did not pass away after he fulfilled it.(Mat. 5:17-19)

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
"7*What shall we say then? Is the law sin [literally, Shall we say a law/command the wrong?] Certainly not! [literally, it won't happen] On the contrary, I would not have known [the] sin except through the law. For I would not have known [the] covetousness unless a law had said, 'You shall not covet.' "

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Why are you pushing a law that no one can live up to? Remove the veil and be delivered. And let it go.

Acts 15:10
10 "Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
(NKJ)

2 Cor 3:7-15
7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away,
8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious?
9 For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory.
10 For even what was made glorious had no glory in this respect, because of the glory that excels.
11 For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious.
12 Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech--
13 unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away.
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
"7*What shall we say then? Is the law sin [literally, Shall we say a law/commandment the wrong?] Certainly not! [literally, it won't happen] On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, 'You shall not covet.' "

I said
There are two different sets of laws. The old testament law of sin and death. And the new testament law of Christ.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus didn't change the law.

He abolished it after he fulfilled it, Ephesians 2:15.

Where there are laws and rules, there is judgment and condemnation.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Jesus didn't change the law.

He abolished it after he fulfilled it, Ephesians 2:15.

I said
For the individual born again, I agree. But for public writings He did change it from the old testament to the new testament.

(NKJ)

Jerry Shugart

Exactly right!

Paul talks about these things at Romans 2:6-16 and according to him people will judged on the basis of "law" according to their deeds (for the Jews "the law," v.12; and for the Gentiles their "conscience," v.15). And those who do not "continue in well doing" (v.7) and sin against "law" then that person will not be justified in the eyes of the LORD:

"...wherefore by works of law shall no flesh be declared righteous before Him, for through law is a knowledge of sin" (Ro.2:20).​

However, believers will not be judged on the basis of "law" in regard to their righteousness:

"For Christ is an end of law for righteousness to every one who is believing"
(Ro.10:4).​

In the following verse Paul tells us exactly how that is made possible:

"For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" (2 Cor.5:21).​

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus did not change the law. He fulfilled the law.

Matthew 5:18King James Version (KJV)

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Jesus did not change the law. He fulfilled the law.

Matthew 5:18King James Version (KJV)

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

I said
What is wrong with you? Jesus made the old testament obsolete, Jesus annulled the commandment, and He changed the law. You are speaking direct blasphemy against Jesus and His Word.

(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
(NKJ)

Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
What is wrong with you? Jesus made the old testament obsolete, Jesus annulled the commandment, and He changed the law. You are speaking direct blasphemy against Jesus and His Word.

(NKJ)

Heb 7:18
(NKJ)

13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)

The OT is not obsolete. Hebrews 8;13 does not say that it is gone but ready to vanish away.

Hebrews 8:13 King James Version (KJV)

13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The OT is not obsolete. Hebrews 8;13 does not say that it is gone but ready to vanish away.

Hebrews 8:13 King James Version (KJV)

13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

I said
Use your head. Read it again. Jesus made the old testament obsolete 2000 years ago. But there are some who try to hold onto it. Pretty soon it is going to vanish away.

(NKJ)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
Use your head. Read it again. Jesus made the old testament obsolete 2000 years ago. But there are some who try to hold onto it. Pretty soon it is going to vanish away.

(NKJ)

Even you say it is not obsolete but vanishing away.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Even you say it is not obsolete but vanishing away.

I said
You need to think about this. If this is not accurate and exactly correct?

13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete.

There is no way that this can be accurate or exactly correct.

John 3:16
16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
(NKJ)

You cant pick and choose which verses to hold as correct and which to pervert. And think that God will honor the ones you choose. Because He is judging you with the same measure of fact and the same measure of manipulation that you are using.

Matt 7:2
2 "For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.
(NKJ)

You are condemning yourself.