The Church of the Chocolate Covered Turd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
I've been nice, but I keep getting flack for admitting that we are not Perfect like Jesus.

I keep seeing all these twistings of scripture that say we are made perfect in the flesh, before death or His arrival.

I'm taking the gloves off.

Welcome to the Church of the Chocolate Covered Turd.

(Metaphor for Whited Sepulcher)

If this offends anyone, I apologize. I know the name *stinks*. [emoji12][emoji12]

Shout out to Serpent Dove This can also be known as The church of the Greasy Gracer

df0e59e3a333febf457fb0ecc5f153d4.jpg

"He without sin........."

9f1fb566b7e72e82590d27a130a21518.jpg

f79fb30aba4469aa2a812cc089fa3083.jpg

bd0ac050eb673dce2fa0aea333713133.jpg

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I've been nice, but I keep getting flack for admitting that we are not Perfect like Jesus.

I keep seeing all these twistings of scripture that say we are made perfect in the flesh, before death or His arrival.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary
No, we can't be made perfect in the flesh (Ga 3:3, 5:4).

Robert Pate

Banned

Pretty bold Nameless.inGrace.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Amen Serpy!!!
It's a balance. Too far to one side and you're a greasy gracer.
elvis.gif
Too far to the other side and you're a Judaizer. :eek:linger: Stay on I-35 (Is 35)--the highway of holiness. Only those on the narrow path are making it in the rapture. :rapture: Do your best :listen: and let God to the rest (Mt 5:48, 2 Co 12:9).

Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man (Lk 21:36, emphasis mine).

The greasy gracer
elvis.gif
says: pray once, sign a card, walk down an isle and live for the devil the rest of your life. :banana: They are a disgrace to grace (Jud 4 :burnlib:).

Related:

Lordship

”Sponge Bob --Keep Going! You're Good!"

Ben Masada

Well, Nameless, if we are to believe what the NT says, Jesus was not perfect. If you read Matthew 23:13-33 Jesus broke the Golden Rule 15 times. The Golden Rule says not to do unto others what we would not like they did unto ourselves. I am sure Jesus would not have liked to be addressed as a hypocrite and brood of vipers. I don't believe that happened but it is written in the NT. Okay, so Jesus is reported to have slandered the Jewish authorities, especially the Pharisees with being hypocrites and broods of vipers.

Then, we have the case of the money changers which Jesus caused them financial and physical damages when what they were doing was with the authorization of the High Priest to make it easier for the Jews coming from abroad to change their foreign money with the Temple one and not render their sacrifices uncosher for having used the foreign money to buy it.

Last but not least, the Golden Rule covers the whole second part of the Decalogue. Serious transgressions right there! But, as I said, I don't believe the report is true.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Well, Nameless, if we are to believe what the NT says, Jesus was not perfect. If you read Matthew 23:13-33 Jesus broke the Golden Rule 15 times. The Golden Rule says not to do unto others what we would not like they did unto ourselves. I am sure Jesus would not have liked to be addressed as a hypocrite and brood of vipers. I don't believe that happened but it is written in the NT. Okay, so Jesus is reported to have slandered the Jewish authorities, especially the Pharisees with being hypocrites and broods of vipers.

Then, we have the case of the money changers which Jesus caused them financial and physical damages when what they were doing was with the authorization of the High Priest to make it easier for the Jews coming from abroad to change their foreign money with the Temple one and not render their sacrifices uncosher for having used the foreign money to buy it.

Last but not least, the Golden Rule covers the whole second part of the Decalogue. Serious transgressions right there! But, as I said, I don't believe the report is true.

It almost seems like the same God that orchestrated the words;

Job 13:16 KJV

16 "He also shall be my salvation: for a hypocrite shall not come before him."

made those statements to those viperous men, doesn't it?

Ben Masada

It almost seems like the same God that orchestrated the words;

Job 13:16 KJV

16 "He also shall be my salvation: for a hypocrite shall not come before him."

made those statements to those viperous men, doesn't it?

So, you do believe that Jesus broke the Golden Rule 15 times in Matthew 23:13-33, don't you? Here, if you allow me, I am in a better position than yours as Jesus was concerned. I don't believe he would ever refer to his colleagues in that language, especially the Pharisees who would respect him so much as to call him a master or Rabbi. (John 3:1-3)

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

So, you do believe that Jesus broke the Golden Rule 15 times in Matthew 23:13-33, don't you? Here, if you allow me, I am in a better position than yours as Jesus was concerned. I don't believe he would ever refer to his colleagues in that language, especially the Pharisees who would respect him so much as to call him a master or Rabbi. (John 3:1-3)

No, I believe people that are self righteous stir up the righteous indignation of God.

This is why Jesus was always letting the self righteous have it.

Wrath of God towards lies is different than judging sinners.

Jesus pointed out that only God is good and was angered by the people that encourage others to work their way to heaven.

We don't have the stamina for that stairway.

[emoji848]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oW_7XBrDBAA

There's a lady who's sure
All that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven
When she gets there she knows
If the stores are all closed
With a word she can get what she came for
Ooh ooh ooh ooh and she's buying a stairway to heaven
There's a sign on the wall
But she wants to be sure
'Cause you know sometimes words have two meanings
In a tree by the brook
There's a songbird who sings
Sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiving
Ooh, it makes me wonder
Ooh, it makes me wonder
There's a feeling I get
When I look to the west
And my spirit is crying for leaving
In my thoughts I have seen
Rings of smoke through the trees
And the voices of those who standing looking
Ooh, it makes me wonder
Ooh, it really makes me wonder
And it's whispered that soon, If we all call the tune
Then the piper will lead us to reason
And a new day will dawn
For those who stand long
And the forests will echo with laughter
If there's a bustle in your hedgerow
Don't be alarmed now
It's just a spring clean for the May queen
Yes, there are two paths you can go by
But in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on
And it makes me wonder
Your head is humming and it won't go
In case you don't know
The piper's calling you to join him
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow
And did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind
And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
And she's buying the stairway to heaven

Ben,

All that glitters is not gold.

We can't buy that stairway.

Jacob knew this. Do you not know that Jesus is Jacob's ladder?

Woe to those that climb the ladder, instead of embracing it. The fruit will be difficulty that could have been prevented.

I, too, do my best to turn over those money tables and warn the vipers.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

I addressed Matthew 23. You can link to it, if you choose.. [emoji118] Link

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

It's a balance. Too far to one side and you're a greasy gracer.
elvis.gif
Too far to the other side and you're a Judaizer. :eek:linger: Stay on I-35 (Is 35)--the highway of holiness. Only those on the narrow path are making it in the rapture. :rapture: Do your best :listen: and let God to the rest (Mt 5:48, 2 Co 12:9).

Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man (Lk 21:36, emphasis mine).

The greasy gracer
elvis.gif
says: pray once, sign a card, walk down an isle and live for the devil the rest of your life. :banana: They are a disgrace to grace (Jud 4 :burnlib:).

Related:

Lordship

”Sponge Bob --Keep Going! You're Good!"

But if the greasy gracer teaches that sin is not profitable, though it is our forgiven state, and is only compensated for by Jesus Christ's sacrifice and imputed righteousness, are they not teaching balance?

The Spirit of Christ's work is to produce the fruits. [emoji848]

Doesn't this leave our part to be the proclaimation of the Unconditional Love and Grace of Christ? [emoji85]

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Paul didn't say we could.

But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. (Romans 8:9)​

And look, we were told how to test the Spirit within a person.

Incidentally, the part of us that gets perfected within us is revealed in this scripture. [emoji3]

1 John 4 (ESV)

Test the Spirits

1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already. 4 Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. 5 They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

God Is Love

7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. 10 In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.

13 By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 17 By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. 19 We love because he first loved us. 20 If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. 21 And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
But if the greasy gracer teaches that sin is not profitable, though it is our forgiven state, and is only compensated for by Jesus Christ's sacrifice and imputed righteousness, are they not teaching balance?
That's how you devils get to sleep at night? You want to sin? Sin. :idunno: So-called live a little (Re 22:11). :banana:

The Spirit of Christ's work is to produce the fruits.
Sure it is (2 Pe 2:1, Mt 7:20). :juggle:
Doesn't this leave our part to be the proclamation of the Unconditional Love and Grace of Christ?
There is no
emot-airquote.gif
our. :granite: There's you and me (Eph 5:11). :smokie:

"There's no lawyer. There's just you and me." :mad: ~ Jack Bauer, 24

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

That's how you devils get to sleep at night? You want to sin? Sin. :idunno: So-called live a little (Re 22:11). :banana:

Sure it is (2 Pe 2:1, Mt 7:20). :juggle:
There is no
emot-airquote.gif
our. :granite: There's you and me (Eph 5:11). :smokie:

"There's no lawyer. There's just you and me." :mad: ~ Jack Bauer, 24

What a wretched man I am!

Would you argue with Paul on this matter?[emoji118]

You do realize that I paraphrase Paul on a regular basis, right? [emoji6]

http://www.animateit.net/data/media/june2010/152185256106bm.gif

Romans 7 (HCSB)

An Illustration from Marriage

Since I am speaking to those who understand law, brothers, are you unaware that the law has authority over someone as long as he lives? 2 For example, a married woman is legally bound to her husband while he lives. But if her husband dies, she is released from the law regarding the husband. 3 So then, if she gives herself to another man while her husband is living, she will be called an adulteress. But if her husband dies, she is free from that law. Then, if she gives herself to another man, she is not an adulteress.

4 Therefore, my brothers, you also were put to death in relation to the law through the crucified body of the Messiah, so that you may belong to another—to Him who was raised from the dead—that we may bear fruit for God. 5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions operated through the law in every part of us and bore fruit for death. 6 But now we have been released from the law, since we have died to what held us, so that we may serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old letter of the law.

Sin’s Use of the Law

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZRrbIbQh-rk/Vl5mExq8TtI/AAAAAAAAEDA/P7XAa9gn6w4/s320/giphy%2842%29.gif

7 What should we say then? Is the law sin? Absolutely not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin if it were not for the law. For example, I would not have known what it is to covet if the law had not said, Do not covet.

8 And sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, produced in me coveting of every kind. For apart from the law sin is dead. 9 Once I was alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life 10 and I died. The commandment that was meant for life resulted in death for me.

11 For sin, seizing an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me, and through it killed me. 12 So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy and just and good.

The Problem of Sin in Us [emoji118][emoji15]

13 Therefore, did what is good cause my death?
Absolutely not!

On the contrary, sin, in order to be recognized as sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that through the commandment, sin might become sinful beyond measure. 14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am made out of flesh, sold into sin’s power.

15 For I do not understand what I am doing, because I do not practice what I want to do, but I do what I hate. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 So now I am no longer the one doing it, but it is sin living in me.

http://bestanimations.com/Military/Explosions/nuclear-atom-bomg-explosion-animated-gif-4.gif

18 For I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh. For the desire to do what is good is with me, but there is no ability to do it. 19 For I do not do the good that I want to do, but I practice the evil that I do not want to do. 20 Now if I do what I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but it is the sin that lives in me.

21 So I discover this principle: When I want to do what is good, evil is with me. 22 For in my inner self I joyfully agree with God’s law. 23 But I see a different law in the parts of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and taking me prisoner to the law of sin in the parts of my body.

24 What a wretched man I am!

Who will rescue me from this dying body? 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with my mind I myself am a slave to the law of God,

but with my flesh, to the law of sin.

~~~~~~~~ Serpy, Paul just sank your battle ship. [emoji33]

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/2865303/ship-o.gif

Galatians 2:

17 But if we ourselves are also found to be “sinners” while seeking to be justified by Christ, is Christ then a promoter of sin? Absolutely not!

18 If I rebuild the system I tore down, I show myself to be a lawbreaker.

19 For through the law I have died to the law, so that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ.
20 and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

21 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died for nothing.

Romans 4:

4 Now to the one who works, pay is not considered as a gift, but as something owed. 5 But to the one who does not work, but believes on Him who declares the ungodly to be righteous, his faith is credited for righteousness.

David Celebrating the Same Truth
6 Likewise, David also speaks of the blessing of the man God credits righteousness to apart from works:

7 How joyful are those whose lawless acts are forgiven
and whose sins are covered!
8 How joyful is the man
the Lord will never charge with sin.

Look Serpy........ Paul is beating a dead hoarse. [emoji33][emoji85][emoji848]

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/4741968/beating-a-dead-horse-o.gif

Last edited:

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
On another note, chocolate covered poo is just another way of saying "Whited Tomb"

Status
Not open for further replies.