Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1252

Thread: Online Prayer Requests

Thanks
    Thanked 7,230 Times in 4,096 Posts

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's great news. So happy for your family.
    So keep your candles burning
    "Nevertheless, she persisted."
    a.k.a. starchild, starburst, stardust, sweetpea, and dumber than dirt.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to annabenedetti For Your Post:

George Affleck (December 20th, 2016),Town Heretic (December 20th, 2016)

Over 2000 post club Eagles Wings's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,823 Times in 1,201 Posts

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    He's home!

His attending said the turn around was "truly amazing" relative to where he was the night before. More, that given the magnitude of the progress he felt releasing him to rest at home was warranted. A better and more restive environment to gather strength. Mother is on a regimen of medication as well and both will remain isolated and checking in with doctors for the next few, but the prognosis is good for a family Christmas. We're putting the menu together for a real celebration.

Thanks to everyone who spent a moment offering prayers for a stranger. And, of course, thanks to God first and foremost for a very special gift.
    Glory to God!

Please give your dear folks a big hug from us.
    Psalm 42:1-2 (KJV)

1 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eagles Wings For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (December 23rd, 2016),George Affleck (December 20th, 2016),Town Heretic (December 20th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,573 Times in 5,456 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He's home!

His attending said the turn around was "truly amazing" relative to where he was the night before. More, that given the magnitude of the progress he felt releasing him to rest at home was warranted. A better and more restive environment to gather strength. Mother is on a regimen of medication as well and both will remain isolated and checking in with doctors for the next few, but the prognosis is good for a family Christmas. We're putting the menu together for a real celebration.

Thanks to everyone who spent a moment offering prayers for a stranger. And, of course, thanks to God first and foremost for a very special gift.
    Amen!

I am praying for your parents my friend.

Lord God of heaven, I lift Town's parents asking for physical health and the prospering of their souls. I thank You for all of the good gifts You shower upon all of us and I thank You especially for bringing Towns's father home.

May we all, in our isolation, take the opportunity to dwell upon You and Your Word to us; that You will never leave us or forsake us, You walk with us and dwell within us.

I thank You for @Town Hereitc, for the trust he has placed in us to carry his dad before Your throne.

I thank You for his presence here; his humor; his insight and his fellowship.

Continue, Lord, to watch over these precious parents and this man. Let us all live, every moment of every day, to bring You glory.

Praise You Lord for all You are going to do and for all You have done for it's in the Name of Jesus we ask, AMEN.
    Do you not realize, O soul, that your every breath, every heartbeat, every thought, word, deed and motive are lived every second of every day before the very Face of God?

*Right now counts forever!

Romans 14:12
    Matt. 12:36-37

Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi!

"And I'll be gone to heaven in a flash of fire with or without you." ~Hoyt Axton

http://forumsmileys.co.uk/smilies/ri...lackribbon.gif - Psalmist
    http://forumsmileys.co.uk/smilies/ri...lackribbon.gif - Desert Reign

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to theophilus For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (December 23rd, 2016),Eagles Wings (December 20th, 2016),George Affleck (December 20th, 2016),Town Heretic (December 20th, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Father,

We bring before You Ninanf and her family and ask You to be their strength in a time of weakness and difficulty. You are sufficient for all things and You care for all who put their trust in You.

We ask You to steer them to finding a solution for Her husband's bleeding ulcers and relieve their stress.
    As You have so many times, we ask for Your 'hesed' to be poured out to them in ways that have only Your stamp on them to Your praise and glory.

We thank You in advance for Your infinite mercy and caring. In Jesus name. Amen.
    Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to George Affleck For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (May 16th, 2017),lifeisgood (June 4th, 2017),Town Heretic (May 29th, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psalm 109
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Father,
    I ask that this one channel for prayer and praise be reserved for this purpose.
    May those who wish to argue and nit pick choose another place to do it.
    In Jesus name. Amen.

Please keep in mind people that some come here for the specific purpose of supporting those who are in difficulty or facing challenges. They do not need to face the additional challenges of wading through dissension and quarreling. You may, however, eat of any other tree in the garden.
    Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to George Affleck For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (May 29th, 2017),lifeisgood (June 4th, 2017),Town Heretic (May 30th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Father,

We ask that our friend Robert will find healing and relief from his spinal pain whether by natural or supernatural means.

In Jesus name. Amen.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to George Affleck For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (June 3rd, 2017),lifeisgood (June 4th, 2017),Tambora (June 2nd, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,327 Times in 3,713 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by George Affleck View Post
    Father,

We ask that our friend Robert will find healing and relief from his spinal pain whether by natural or supernatural means.

In Jesus name. Amen.
    Amen. I could use a little myself, struggling with an abscess threatening a tooth and I can't afford the distraction in any sense. Taking a couple of drops of oregano oil a day as a natural antibiotic. Seems to be helping, but it's still worrisome and far from settled.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

George Affleck (June 2nd, 2017),lifeisgood (June 4th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amen. I could use a little myself, struggling with an abscess threatening a tooth and I can't afford the distraction in any sense. Taking a couple of drops of oregano oil a day as a natural antibiotic. Seems to be helping, but it's still worrisome and far from settled.

Father,

We live in a broken world.

An enemy has done this, and yet it will all redound to Your glory and satisfy Jesus' words; "I have overcome the world."

Many face challenges with pain and reminders of the effects of the fall. Help TH to find a solution to get past this thorn in the flesh.
    Bless AforT and her family and Theo in her time of solitude. Thank You for so many ways you minister and walk beside us in this place that is not our home.

We praise You in Jesus' name. Amen.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to George Affleck For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (June 3rd, 2017),lifeisgood (June 4th, 2017),Town Heretic (June 3rd, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,377 Times in 942 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I ask you to help me pray for the sister of a friend of mine. She was just diagnosed with thyroid cancer. She has a baby not even a year old. She is not a Christian. Her sister is a Christian. We are asking the Lord to make this situation the path for Him to arrest her with His love and mercy. May his precious blood protect her and her family. Thank you so much.
    No man can come to God except through Christ. (Jn. 14:20)
    No man can come to Christ unless he comes through the Cross. (Jn. 3:16; Eph. 2:1318)
    No man can come to the Cross without a denial of self. (Lk. 9:2324)

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lifeisgood For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (July 12th, 2017),George Affleck (July 12th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,176 Times in 11,482 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgood View Post
    Can I ask you to help me pray for the sister of a friend of mine. She was just diagnosed with thyroid cancer. She has a baby not even a year old. She is not a Christian. Her sister is a Christian. We are asking the Lord to make this situation the path for Him to arrest her with His love and mercy. May his precious blood protect her and her family. Thank you so much.
    Prayer for His hand in all of it and for her salvation and healing and strength for you all.

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

George Affleck (July 12th, 2017),lifeisgood (July 13th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 38,495 Times in 23,931 Posts

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Praying.

God Bless America

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (July 12th, 2017),George Affleck (July 12th, 2017),lifeisgood (July 13th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,739 Times in 1,780 Posts

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Praying for salvation and restoration.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (July 17th, 2017),lifeisgood (July 14th, 2017),Tambora (September 25th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,377 Times in 942 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a little update. Sister of my friend decided to go natural way about her thyroid cancer. My friend told me that her sister has been asking her questions about the Lord (awesome) and that she has taken up reading the Bible. May the Lord in His infinite mercy bring her into the fold. Also asking prayers for her parents who are staunched Catholics, and also for my friend that the Lord strengthens her in her faith and that He gives her wisdom that comes from above. Thank you all for going into the throne of grace so that we can receive mercy and find grace to help us all in our time of need.
    No man can come to God except through Christ. (Jn. 14:20)
    No man can come to Christ unless he comes through the Cross. (Jn. 3:16; Eph. 2:1318)
    No man can come to the Cross without a denial of self. (Lk. 9:2324)

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lifeisgood For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (September 18th, 2017),George Affleck (September 14th, 2017),glorydaz (September 22nd, 2017),patrick jane (September 14th, 2017),Tambora (September 25th, 2017),Town Heretic (September 14th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Okay, everyone, my mom and my family is in desperate need of prayer. I got home, this afternoon, and had at least ten messages telling me that my mom was in the hospital in Idaho. I called one of them back and found out that my mom had had a heart attack. She's on a respirator and sedated right now. And, they're transferring her to another hospital. I haven't been close to my mom in many years. But, I feel like I'm losing something very important. I'm glad that I got to call her for her birthday, last week, and tell her that I love her. She just turned 70 on 9/14.
    They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. -- Isaiah 40:31

Vegetarian - Indian word for lousy hunter

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ebenz47037 For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (September 27th, 2017),glorydaz (September 22nd, 2017),Ktoyou (September 22nd, 2017),Tambora (September 25th, 2017),Town Heretic (October 13th, 2017)

Thread Information