Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: Online Prayer Requests

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahdal View Post
    Sorry to hear that brother. You have been in my prayers the moment you asked.
    Thank you Jahdal. My aunt has been moved to Hospice and she's completely unresponsive. I hope she passes soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.

Larry Hardiman

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is she a believer?
    "I had learned many English words, and could recite part of the Ten Commandments, I knew how to sleep on a bed, pray to Jesus, comb my hair, eat with a fork, and use a toilet...I also learned that a person thinks with his head instead of his heart."

-Hopi Sun Chief

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahdal View Post
    Is she a believer?
    Yes.

My aunt died about five minutes ago. I wanted to go see her one last time before it happened but that's not an option anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.

Larry Hardiman

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to ask for prayer.

I went to a job interview at a great place. I'm not exactly sure what I'll be doing, but it's a toss-up between working on the floor, or in sales.

I wouldn't mind the sales job, but am nervous about the expectations. I can work on the floor because I've done that type of job for a long time. I only graduated from college in 2005 and have yet to get a job where I really use my degree (just a simple BA but I studied business, computers, networking, blah, blah, blah). They sounded interested because I have experience in sales, but was more interested that I had a degree. It'd be nice to use it instead of letting my time and money go to waste on the floor.

So, I'd appreciate prayer that I get the job (and it's close too! I can ride my bike!). I, of course, want His will to be done. I also know the importance of fellowship of the saints. I'd appreciate any prayer. Mainly for His will to be done.
    "I had learned many English words, and could recite part of the Ten Commandments, I knew how to sleep on a bed, pray to Jesus, comb my hair, eat with a fork, and use a toilet...I also learned that a person thinks with his head instead of his heart."

-Hopi Sun Chief

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would really appreciate prayer for my church. We recently had an 'exchange' in our leadership, and our new pastor is trying to steer our church away from being a meeting place for believers and turn it into an evangelism tool by trading the meat for milk.

Please pray that God would speak to his heart and show him that his decisions are literally tearing a bleeding hole in our family.
    WWJD... FTW?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Please pray that gets a job soon. It's been three weeks since the detassling season ended and she hasn't gotten a job yet.
    They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. -- Isaiah 40:31

Vegetarian - Indian word for lousy hunter

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ebenz47037 View Post
    Please pray that gets a job soon. It's been three weeks since the detassling season ended and she hasn't gotten a job yet.
    Ugh, I know how frustrating that can be. I'll def. keep her in my prayers.
    WWJD... FTW?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Trainee
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please pray for all those in the world who are suffering from addiction, that God may grant them the strength to break out of the cycle of suffering and shame, and that they may learn to walk out of the darkness and into the light.

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Performer in Church's Christmas show dies after 25-foot fall

Not only am I deeply saddened by this event but I must also question the Church's fall protection standards.

I have worked along side some of the best Canadian fall arrest / fall restraint professionals and this tradgedy would have never occured if they had the proper training and a backup lifeline.

This Church I am sorry to say is responsible for this. Still, my prayers go out to them and everyone who had to witness it. Accidents like this are 100 percent preventable and it makes me mad to hear it.

Story link:
    http://www.startribune.com/nation/36...aPc:_Yyc:aUUsr

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would greatly appreciate prayer for a friend of mine who has recently gone back to using. At around thirteen after her family fell apart she got into the drug scene at school. A dealer (he was around 30 at this time) got into a relationship with her offered her all the drugs she wanted. With him she got into dealing and cooking. At 18 she got pregnant and they both got caught. In the short time in prison she got clean - for her child. Out of prison she was given much support and encouragement. She became a christian and her passion for God was very evident in everything she did. Five years she was clean then at the end of last year her ex was released from prison. I don't know exactly when it happened but she started using again after he made contact. She is currently heavily using and I suspect cooking and dealing as well. She wants so much to get clean but cannot see a way out because of how deeply entrenched she is into the drug scene. She still talks of God and how she loves Jesus but hates to be around people who love Jesus because of how guilty she feels. She needs a miracle.

Thankyou
    Last edited by SarahEJY; February 2nd, 2009 at 06:27 AM.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pray that I can be humble enough to understand that I don't have the answers to everything, and that I can listen more often.
    “Enlightenment is not imagining figures of light but making the darkness conscious.” -Carl Gustav Jung

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows." Epictetus

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." -Ghandi

Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,247 Times in 10,132 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a wisdom tooth that has not erupted whose root is crossed with the tooth in front of it, which is abscessed, and the next two teeth have cavities. I need an extraction for the first two, but I'm not sure I can afford it. And they also didn't give me anything for the pain. Just antibiotics for the infection.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

Tambora (May 7th, 2016)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    I have a wisdom tooth that has not erupted whose root is crossed with the tooth in front of it, which is abscessed, and the next two teeth have cavities. I need an extraction for the first two, but I'm not sure I can afford it. And they also didn't give me anything for the pain. Just antibiotics for the infection.
    Try a dental school. They'll do the work for 20-40% cheaper.
    You've called me out of death
    You've called me into life
    And I was under Your wrath
    Now through the cross I'm reconciled

Discount Maternity Clothes | Children's Books | Baby Gear | Coupons | Batman

Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,247 Times in 10,132 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maximeee View Post
    Try a dental school. They'll do the work for 20-40% cheaper.
    I've been told that, but the closest one is pretty far away, so gas for the car is an issue on money there.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

Tambora (May 7th, 2016)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    please pray that all nonbelievers be eternally cast down into the abyss of sin and treachery where unending torment will show them the light of a loving god.

Thread Information