Forgiving others

Forgiving others

• ...only when they acknowledge their sin against you.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

God's Truth

How can I have - I took a Third Position :chuckle:

Rom. 5:6-8.

I think it is right what you are doing trying to help them see that what they are doing is so horribly wrong.

It would be a major thing if you got through even one of them.

The bigger problem is that they do not believe they have to obey Jesus' teachings.

Danoh

Nevertheless...

*stab*

Bro...

*stab*

LOL!

*stab*

Regrettably, that's just ever self-righteous you and your pals, ever reading that kind of thing into a thing, that you far too often spare, only one another from.

I am very deliberately well aware of where I am coming from and it is in light of the Third Position that is Romans 5:6-8.

Danoh

I think it is right what you are doing trying to help them see that what they are doing is so horribly wrong.

It would be a major thing if you got through even one of them.

The bigger problem is that they do not believe they have to obey Jesus' teachings.

Romans 6, and say, Galatians 6, etc., make it crystal clear obvious that we can't just live how we want.

I'll concede that much, as I have never asserted otherwise.

Very few...MADs hold otherwise.

Very few.

God's Truth

Romans 6, and say, Galatians 6, etc., make it crystal clear obvious that we can't just live how we want.

I'll concede that much, as I have never asserted otherwise.

Very few...MADs hold otherwise.

Very few.

I hope for your success in your endeavor, your pleas to them.

glorydaz

Not so if you read the paragraph. Dealing with unbelievers who sin against us winds up being a knowing where they are still at...they are veiled to the Truth until they turn to Christ. Therefore we rebuke or bring an offense to their attention in a way they'd understand and hopefully they repent, if not we know where they are coming from and hold onto hope for them. This is the becoming all things to all people Paul speaks of...part of it. I was trying to show the difference there from our dealings with believers.

No, what a person does to offend you has nothing to do with the Gospel.

glorydaz

Isn't that what being in the wrong with Christ means? An offender may,but not always, be in the wrong with Christ due to pride or any number of things which would hinder their willingness to forgive.

A person's willingness to forgive isn't your business. Your businesss is YOU.

glorydaz

You're absolutely right.

Spoiler
1 Corinthians 9:18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel. 9:19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. 9:20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; 9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. 9:22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 9:23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you. 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 9:25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 9:26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Nope, your verse has no more to do with the topic than his does.

But you are dealing with a consistent hypocrisy, in her and some of her pals on TOL.

A few days ago, someone on here repeatedly posted to her having forgiven her, or some such. She repeatedly spit on them, and went on with her usual nonsense that they were just tooting their own horn.

I didn't "spit on" him. I just refused to play the game Evil Eye was playing....forgiving me for causing him to melt down and make a fool of himself. What I intended for his growth, he used to double down on his error.

She is simply that vain; ever accusing anyone but herself and her pals of being proud, and all her other repeated nonsense.

When the shoe fits wear it, Danoh. Your Pride in Self is well documented.

In contrast, when one of her pals on here posted he forgave me for who knows what, she high-fived him.

Because I saw he was being facetious. ZOOM right over your head. :rolleyes:

This is a pattern with her and various of her pals on here that many have repeatedly called them on to no avail.

Could it be because we don't need to be "called" on whatever faults you perceive in us? :chew:

Spoiler
The following comes to mind about her and some of her pals, despite their ever attempting to ram down other's throats that they alone "follow Paul" - only to not only repeatedly prove otherwise, but to spit on anyone who does not agree with them.

It is crystal clear obvious their actual God is their going by their own emotion based nonsense in the moment; and that their glory is in their shame; and their mind ever that of the pettiness of this world, as per the following, but verse 17.

Philippians 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. 3:18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: 3:19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.) 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Given this about her and her kind consistently, you'd best just view such through the lens of Romanse 5:6-8, and that much, from accross the street somewhere.

There is...no reasoning with such.

The Lord Himself failed miserably with their kind, in Matthew thru John.

Or as He had put that...

John 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

Again, all one can do when dealing with the double-standard of such ever one-sided condition based hypocrites is to allow it to remind us that each of us ourselves was also once not worthy of being forgiven either.

I mean, one might as well turn the would be lemons of the hypocrisy of such towards one into that ever cool, just right each time, hot summer's day sweet lemonade that can be focusing instead on the Cross to the Glory of God in His Son, as we look over at both such and ourselves through the lens that is..

Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

By this, we turn their fraud, their animosity, into His victory in us, over their obvious need to spit on anyone who they look down down their noses at.

Personally, I continue to find this aspect of it all - the victory in Christ that can be ours in the very moment others would rob of us it - I continue to find it an ever fascinating study of the dynamics of the Believer's life right in the very moment that life throws its various curve balls our way.

And you'll know you are experiencing it when the negative in life comes your way, but you find yourself feeling like the warrior in the movie calmly walking away, as all sorts of explosions are going off behind him somewhere.

All the result of a focus on how that...

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

All because of what we chose to focus on instead, when some life and or fool attempted to rob us of...the victory that is already ours...in Christ.

Now THAT is one heck of an Inward Man Revival!

Amen! And Amen!

Yeah, quite the "Inward Man". :rotfl:

Okay, let's cut to the chase. I have never in all my years known a true believer to tell someone they have forgiven them without being asked to do so. Even then, they are graceful enough to assure them they understand why they might do so.

When someone says they forgive you, unasked, they are really saying you are wrong and they are right. It's a RUSE of the hypocrite. It's like giving your tithes where they can be seen of men. Danoh goes on and on with all his posts to be seen of men. It's a show...nothing more.

SHOW BOAT DANOH, strikes again. But, I forgive you, Danoh. :chuckle:

God's Truth

Like the kindness that Jesus showed the liars in Matthew 23?

Do you think that Jesus gives you permission to say those words to others? Do you think Jesus verbally abused them and misjudged them as you do people here?

Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

glorydaz

Like the kindness that Jesus showed the liars in Matthew 23?

Do you think that Jesus gives you permission to say those words to others? Do you think Jesus verbally abused them and misjudged them as you do people here?

Well, let's look. Jesus was speaking to people just like you, so we are to do the same....speak the truth just as He did.

Matt. 23:5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

Matt. 23:28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

And let me say again....boasting is excluded by the law of faith. Jesus makes it clear, and Paul does as well. Just because you boast and accuse Paul of boasting doesn't mean you're correct. It has never been right to boast in oneself.....before the cross or after the cross.

Matt. 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.​

God's Truth

Well, let's look. Jesus was speaking to people just like you, so we are to do the same....speak the truth just as He did.

Matt. 23:5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,​

Prove I wear broad phylacteries and wear enlarged borders.

Matt. 23:28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

Prove that is true.

And let me say again....boasting is excluded by the law of faith. Jesus makes it clear, and Paul does as well.

1 Corinthians 9:15 But I have not used any of these rights. And I am not writing this in the hope that you will do such things for me, for I would rather die than allow anyone to deprive me of this boast.

Just because you boast and accuse Paul of boasting doesn't mean you're correct. It has never been right to boast in oneself.....before the cross or after the cross.

It is never wrong or shameful to obey God.

Matt. 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.​
I have been telling you that you will not be saved unless you humble yourself.

glorydaz

Prove that is true.

:DK:

1 Corinthians 9:15 But I have not used any of these rights. And I am not writing this in the hope that you will do such things for me, for I would rather die than allow anyone to deprive me of this boast.

Yes, and this is how you are always misreading Paul. He explicitly says, "I have NOTHING to glory of". I realize you love to take quotes out of context, but you only prove you don't understand Paul at all. :nono:

1 Cor. 9:15 But I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto me: for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my glorying void.

1 Cor. 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!​

NO ONE has ever said it was. What IS WRONG is what you do...claiming your obedience saves you and keeps you saved. That is not only WRONG, it's EVIL and worthy of cursing.

Ah, I'm to humble myself while you boast. Gotcha. :rotfl:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Prove that is true.

[FONT=&quot]16 I repeat: Let no one take me for a fool. But if you do, then tolerate me just as you would a fool, so that I may do a little boasting.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]17 In this self-confident boasting I am not talking as the Lord would, but as a fool.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]18 Since many are boasting in the way the world does, I too will boast.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]19 You gladly put up with fools since you are so wise![/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Whatever anyone else dares to boast about—I am speaking as a fool—I also dare to boast about.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]30 If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]31 The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, who is to be praised forever,knows that I am not lying.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

God's Truth

[FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]16 [/B][/FONT]I repeat: Let no one take me for a fool. But if you do, [U]then tolerate me just as you would a fool[/U], so that I may do a little boasting.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]17 [/B][/FONT]In this self-confident boasting [U]I am not talking as the Lord would, but as a fool[/U].[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]18 [/B][/FONT]Since many are boasting in the way the world does, I too will boast.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="] [/FONT][FONT="][FONT=Arial][B]19 [/B][/FONT]You gladly put up with fools since you are so wise![/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]

[/FONT]
[FONT="]Whatever anyone else dares to boast about—[U]I am speaking as a fool[/U]—I also dare to boast about.

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]30 If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness.[/FONT]
[FONT="][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]31 The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, who is to be praised forever,knows that I am not lying.[/FONT][FONT="]
[/FONT]

I am glad you can see how much Paul boasted.

Boasting that you humbled yourself and gave your life to God is not a boasting to be ashamed of doing.

The boasting that we can't do is boast in the ceremonial works of the law like circumcision.

God's Truth

:DK:

Yes, and this is how you are always misreading Paul. He explicitly says, "I have NOTHING to glory of". I realize you love to take quotes out of context, but you only prove you don't understand Paul at all. :nono:

1 Cor. 9:15 But I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto me: for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my glorying void.

1 Cor. 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!​

NO ONE has ever said it was. What IS WRONG is what you do...claiming your obedience saves you and keeps you saved. That is not only WRONG, it's EVIL and worthy of cursing.

Ah, I'm to humble myself while you boast. Gotcha. :rotfl:

Though you try you just can't get out of the fact that Paul boasted. Paul boasted in his obedience and he says he boasts in us and we can boast in ourselves and in each other.

God's Truth

Paul says he wants us to boast in each other.

For we do not write you anything you cannot read or understand. And I hope that, as you have understood us in part, you will come to understand fully that you can boast of us just as we will boast of you in the day of the Lord Jesus. See 2 Corinthians 1:13,14.

Did you hear that, gd?

Paul says he hopes you will come to understand fully that you can boast in him and he will boast in you, of course if you obey.

Paul shows us we can boast in ourselves.

2 Corinthians 1:12 Now this is our boast: Our conscience testifies that we have conducted ourselves in the world, and especially in our relations with you, with integrity and godly sincerity. We have done so, relying not on worldly wisdom but on God's grace.

2 Corinthians 7:14 I had boasted to him about you, and you have not embarrassed me. But just as everything we said to you was true, so our boasting about you to Titus has proved to be true as well.

1 Thessalonians 2:10 You are witnesses, and so is God, of how holy, righteous and blameless we were among you who believed.

2 Corinthians 12:6 Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth.

Acts 23:1 Paul looked straight at the Sanhedrin and said, "My brothers, I have fulfilled my duty to God in all good conscience to this day."

2 Corinthians 11:10 As surely as the truth of Christ is in me, this boasting of mine will not be silenced in the regions of Achaia. 11 Why? Because I do not love you? God knows I do! 12 But I will keep on doing what I am doing, in order to undercut those who want an opportunity to be regarded as our equals in the things they boast about.