What is the Gospel?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Clete was agreeing with my:

So Clete's:

agrees with (as far as I can see - please correct me if I'm wrong Clete) the preaching of 'Christ died for our sins' to unbelievers.

I'm being overly careful and pedantic here - but perhaps it will help to keep the peace.

I see NO difference between what you and I have agreed with and what glorydaz has stated just as clearly.

I entirely agree with glorydaz when she says that there is more to the gospel than two verses in I Corinthians. There's more to the gospel than is contained in both I & II Corinthians combined, never mind two verses!

Read Galatians much?
Read Romans much?

I mean seriously! Where the heck is the big disagreement here?

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
As you can see, Clete, that's what I've said. Sufficient for all, but only effectual for those who believe.

Sonnet wants to pretend that Paul's entire Gospel is contained in those two verses of 1 Cor. 15, and he is talking to unbelievers there. I don't agree. When I point out other critical texts, he rebukes me. I mean, I've preached the Gospel many times, and I need more than those two verses. I even quoted other verses that are a part of Paul's Gospel, but NO...not acceptable.

This entire thread has been with the motive to sow discord and attack believers.

By a professed unbeliever, no less. :rolleyes:

That's what I thought!

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

I keep seeing these accusations but never with any quotation or post references.

Okay... proof Glory is being "Intellectually Dishonest" with you and others here. She wants to say key Calvinist phrases and claim she doesn't embrace the "L". Well, nope. Not going to happen. She is relentless on others and daily tells many people they are hypocrites and Proud... but do as she says, not as she does!

I addressed this so ardently because [MENTION=6696]Lon[/MENTION] is indeed a Calvinist and he will say the Atonement is sufficient in ability for all, but not "indented" for all. In other words... after hours of debate... Lon will say... "Jesus only died for those that "believe". This is Glorydaz exact stance and it is proven in her very own words!

Calvinist's even say that the Blood "could" save all, but it is not for "all". This is not a semantics GAME! It is saying we shouldn't tell others Jesus died for all. Glorydaz applauded the quote that you initially saw from [MENTION=16283]Sonnet[/MENTION] ... that he had taken from a Calvinist on the site... about it being ... some harsh word like abominable or something... to tell all people that Jesus died for them.

Clete...

You are a scholarly person... reach past the bias. The evidence is clear, and you all would do well to humble and correct Glory! She does it daily for others. It would be well if someone she would listen to would be 100 with her!

I've never been a butt kisser and I never will. I'm transparent and I have even talked as I talk sometimes publicly... here. I don't hide the music I listen to, language I use, or the fact that I am a saved sinner! You can write this off, but Clete... I didn't get so upset because I dislike Glory... but because I used to see her as a powerful witness, but now... I see hooks that are bad in her.

John 13:35

By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.​

Sonnets Belief or Lack of Belief in Jesus has no thing to do with you or I. Certainly you know he knows this better than all?

Would you tell him... as the hell bound man “you” have judged that he is... that Jesus died for him?

Preach it hypocrite. We've all seen your "love".

I believe him when he says he's a non-believer. I believe he's not only a non-believe, but an active minister of satan. He's condemned himself, and continues to do so by claiming to know what the Gospel says while still rejecting it.

I won't offer the reprobate a chance to keep spitting on the blood of Christ. I'll not tell him that until and IF he ever humbles himself in the sight of the Lord.

I have no issue saying we all struggle with hypocrisy... (We includes I) I have no issue with saying I have imperfect Love. I do feel convicted for all of the hate I've dished out under the applause of people like Glorydaz and others... on this site. The issue here is that this is Glory... again refusing to say the words... Jesus died for ALL.

You say that anything else is essentially demented. Well, by your words... the message and judgment is clear. I would say opinion, but you like the word "Judge".

How so? You won't tell the world Christ died for all - so how GD?

If He had died for all, then all would be saved. Are all saved? No.

So, why would I say something that isn't true? Instead, I say what is true.

So, NO, I will not tell an unbeliever that Jesus died for his sins,

This is Limited Atonement... flirtation... and though the Atonement is said to be "Sufficient"... she is iterating that she refuses to tell the unbeliever that Jesus died for them.

The attitude here appears to be that the Holy Spirit isn't there to explain this to the individual... but instead... Glory inserts herself into the need of the person knowing that the person will die in their sins... the issue here is that Glory knows that Sonnet already knows this portion of the Gospel and thus... Glory is deferring.... to a 50% argument that says... "No... Because that person may die in their sins if I tell them Jesus Died for their sins..."

Sonnets point and the Bibles is "Behold what manner of LOVE"... "While we were yet sinners"... "He Who justifies the Ungodly" "While we were at enmity"...

when that man may very well die in his sins, never coming to belief in God. I tell them to BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ and they will be saved. Sins are paid for by the blood. If they do not apply the blood through faith, they have no access to that blood.

Sonnet didn't ask this... and Glory knows Sonnet already knows what she is intentionally saying to avoid saying "Jesus died for even the unbelieving". The fact remains that Glory corrects people for saying that Jesus died for all. You can even go to Pate's threads and see her in action. She's becoming a regular TULIP Bee. She's Duplicitous and I wanted to drop this, but you exonerated her out of friendship, instead of doing research for a matter you decided to help mediate. I trusted you to research something you were stepping into without bias.

I was wrong.

It's called Christianity. The term "Free Will" works fine for a title used to distinguish a particular doctrine I suppose but it really is a redundancy. There is no such thing as a will that is not free. If you are not free to choose, you have no will - period.

Clete,

I'm glad you are a "Will" Theist. I see your point, but think we have to say "Free" because of the massive damage Reformed influence has had on western civilization. It's like people need to be reminded they have a brain God gave them, and they are allowed to use it.

Oh boo-hoo!

Look, you either need to grow a thicker skin or else find a different hobby.

This is in response to me forgiving someone for calling me an Unbeliever, a source of discord, invalid and many other things that have been leveled all throughout this thread.

Did I lose my stuff? Oh yes. I admitted shame for losing it! I even wanted to speak kindly to [MENTION=13955]glorydaz[/MENTION] , but she mocked me when I did and like a fool, I took the bait and talked to her like she consistently talks to others... out of pride and hostility, while hiding behind a thin veil of self justification.

If you actually were emotionally invested in me as a friend like you are Glory, you would have had the courtesy to look through this thread before you said something so void of a Holy Spirit Softened Heart... but the fact remains that you most likely dislike certain views I have and know that I don't believe in "Republican Moral Majority Jesus"... thus... you claim I don't have thick skin.

The truth is that I was enormously applauded when I ripped people to shreds and placed Theological agenda over human compassion.

I literally burned all of that applause and humbled myself for my errors... out of conviction of the Holy Spirit. I wanted all the credibility I had obtained while hurting fellow human beings that Jesus died for... to go away... hence... I asked [MENTION=12969]Sherman[/MENTION] to please destroy my old EE account.

The book of James supports my case and explains what the Holy Spirit has done to my heart.

It would help if you'd start practicing biblical forgiveness rather than the blanket, forgive everyone for everything nonsense that permeates popular culture and most churches.

Like when Jesus said... "I did not come to condemn the world but to save it"? Or, when He said... "Woman where are your accusers... I accuse you neither".

Or, how about... "Father forgive them, they know not what they do"?

How about... "Forgive 70 X 7"?

I think the issue is Bob E. is an idol here... and he promotes judging sinners that Jesus died for. How do I know Jesus died for even the sinners that Christians like to single out? Because Paul makes it clear... "WHILE WE WERE YET SINNERS, CHRIST DIED FOR US"...

Funny how the whole judge not thing comes into light. I judge doctrine, not people.. and brother... there is a difference and Christianity as a whole would be much more full of the flavor of Love if it understood.

When most Christians in the US are a step away from Westborro Baptist Church... just without the guts they have to boldly proclaim their hatred for people... We have a problem Denver Bible. (See what I did? I replaced Houston with DBC) DBC looks wonderful BTW... I wish I could go there. The outreach on their web site, does look enormously valuable. That means a bunch!

It isn't right to forgive those who have not repented.

So forgiveness as Jesus taught is a sham? The "Love your enemy" and "While we were yet Sinners" thing should clear this up.

I think Jesus has taken a back seat to the religion built around Him. We all screw up! Judge NOT means more that most admit. And why? Because people like to point fingers and say... "ewwwwww"... thank God I'm not them. James 2 and Romans 2 explain that that is spiritual SUICIDE!

Paul tells us that we will judge the world and even the angels and Jesus teaches us to judge rightly. Do so!

I wonder who our example will be? Jesus... perhaps? He's the light and He showed us that the brutal and Spiritually judgmental of others sins are the ones that have the heat coming.

Remember Matthew 23? Remember that He came for the SINNERS and not the "Self Righteous"?

Resting in Him,
Clete

Contained in the spoiler is a link of Glorydaz teaching apathy. If we don't put our heart that Jesus gave us into the matter... we are worthless Gongs and Clanging cymbals.

Love exercises GRACE and GRACE is the FACE God wears when He sees imperfect, wicked us.

Resting in His Grace and aware I am a flawed human being that was saved by the PERFECT King of Kings,

Nameless.in.Grace.Evil.Eye.<(@)>

Last edited:

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

I would even apologize to [MENTION=13955]glorydaz[/MENTION] for all of my harsh speech towards her, but she doesn't like what I have to say, and thus there is no... forgiveness, but only scorn. This is why I forgive her and recognize that she has nothing but contempt for me.

I'm just saddened by the lack of Empathy, presence of Apathy and unwillingness to acknowledge that Jesus died for all men and all sin... not "Some", by any standards.

I'm tired of placing Theology over LOVE, and I'm tired of Jesus' Love being put in a box. Jesus' Love is the PIT-BULL of the gospel and it is the reason we can all be reconciled and bound together, despite our differences.

The only thing the church should keep in check, is if that Love becomes hollow and empty of ... UNCONDITIONAL FORGIVENESS... Like Jesus showed us...

That Free Will Respect is where the choice is. That Free Will Respect is where Love can get rejected. But His Mercy surpasses ours! Let us be done with non-nonsensical LIMITATION of HIS LOVE!

1 John 4:8 and 1 Corinthians 13

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

Nang, who is Calvinist, was rejected badly because she did dot accept Madism.

She did not flirt with them, like Lon and AMR.

she doesn't even post anymore.

I was a JERK to [MENTION=7292]Nang[/MENTION] like many others I was a JERK to here... when I placed theology over people and forgot that even fellow Christians are nothing more that Sinners Jesus Died for and Loves!

I'm a flawed person and I have picked on you too. I'm done! I publicly ask your forgiveness.

I will say this in light of Nang... apparently I have an issue with Theology that excludes anyone.

People have a choice to make for or against the Author of Love... but... in the end... that Love will be Just in His final judgments.

Thank God, God is the Judge!

glorydaz

Okay... proof Glory is being "Intellectually Dishonest" with you and others here. She wants to say key Calvinist phrases and claim she doesn't embrace the "L". Well, nope. Not going to happen.

Lord Almighty.....you'd best make a list of those "key phrases" (scripture) that belong exclusively to those darn Calvinists. :chew:

She is relentless on others and daily tells many people they are hypocrites and Proud... but do as she says, not as she does!

Yep, lots of hypocrites around here. :popcorn:

Spoiler
I addressed this so ardently because [MENTION=6696]Lon[/MENTION] is indeed a Calvinist and he will say the Atonement is sufficient in ability for all, but not "indented" for all. In other words... after hours of debate... Lon will say... "Jesus only died for those that "believe". This is Glorydaz exact stance and it is proven in her very own words!

Calvinist's even say that the Blood "could" save all, but it is not for "all". This is not a semantics GAME! It is saying we shouldn't tell others Jesus died for all. Glorydaz applauded the quote that you initially saw from [MENTION=16283]Sonnet[/MENTION] ... that he had taken from a Calvinist on the site... about it being ... some harsh word like abominable or something... to tell all people that Jesus died for them.

:yawn:

Clete...

You are a scholarly person... reach past the bias. The evidence is clear, and you all would do well to humble and correct Glory! She does it daily for others. It would be well if someone she would listen to would be 100 with her!

Ah, yes, the "BIAS". Funny how when I corrected the Evil One he had melt downs, and I was bad. Now the Evil One wants me to be corrected, and that will be "good", I assume. :think:

I've never been a butt kisser and I never will. I'm transparent and I have even talked as I talk sometimes publicly... here. I don't hide the music I listen to, language I use, or the fact that I am a saved sinner! You can write this off, but Clete... I didn't get so upset because I dislike Glory... but because I used to see her as a powerful witness, but now... I see hooks that are bad in her.

"HOOKS"......??????? :shocked:

What? I'm not even at the end of this tirade? I'm going to have to go get a cup of coffee before I dive back into this swamp of despond. :coffee:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It's not good to accuse someone of holding a grudge when they aren't.

That's what's called a FALSE ACCUSATION. :nono:

When you repeatedly make accusation about EE or anyone, it sure sounds like grudge to me.

You and your friends talk about it even in the chat room. Sharman reminded us not to call out. When you mention someone in negative way, she says it is call out and against the rule.

Sharman says to drop it but you kept doing it. If I did this to anyone I will be banned with heavy points for disrespecting the mod.

I guess forum rules wont apply to you.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
When you repeatedly make accusation about EE or anyone, it sure sounds like grudge to me.

You and your friends talk about it even in the chat room. Sharman reminded us not to call out. When you mention someone in negative way, she says it is call out and against the rule.

Sharman says to drop it but you kept doing it. If I did this to anyone I will be banned with heavy points for disrespecting the mod.

I guess forum rules wont apply to you.
Calling Sherman names now? No Soup For You !!!

Repeatedly accuse? EE has more socks than Wal-Mart, are kidding?

glorydaz

Clete was agreeing with my:

So Clete's:

agrees with (as far as I can see - please correct me if I'm wrong Clete) the preaching of 'Christ died for our sins' to unbelievers.

I'm being overly careful and pedantic here - but perhaps it will help to keep the peace.

I really don't care what you thought Clete was agreeing with you about. I was going directly to the point of the matter....sufficient for all, but not "effectual" for all.

What exactly is "effectual" concerning Christ's death for those who remain unreconciled to God (unbelievers)? Do you ever consider the context...who Paul is writing to? Stuff like that?

Forgiveness of sins? No. Are unbelievers AT ONE with Christ? No. Redeemed? No.

So, tell me, Sonnet. I've given you this verse many many times already. Where do you see the word OUR in this text? I see the "forgiveness of sins" being preached without the word OUR you insist Paul preached to unbelievers.

Acts 13:38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

Who does the "we" refer to here? Unbelievers? NO

Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;​

Here we see unbelievers called "they" and "them"......not "we" and "our".

Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.​

Paul isn't talking to unbelievers here..... "our", "us".

Gal. 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:​

meshak

BANNED
Banned

You know very well we are talking about sonnet.

And he showed Sharman's explanation multiple times.

she still continued to mentioning about it.

that's why I reported it.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

It is so strange the way you apply the rules.

BTW, there are many, many call out going on yet many of them wont get in trouble. This rule wont apply to some members, it seems.