The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

Yes, Paul was physically blind at the moment but now that the Lord has saved such a one as he, NOW HE SEES.

Paul.

He was fasting and praying because the Lord had told him to go to a particular place and wait and then someone would come and pray over him and tell him what he had to do.

If you had been Paul, murdering people of The Way, and the Lord had knocked you off you horse, you, gt, would be praying and fasting too.

I was merrily singing going straight to hell in a hand basket.

Sounds like that is still what is going on with you.

lifeisgood

You know how we know Mormons and Muslims believe falseness?

Because the Bible says no other gospel, not even from an angel.

Do you believe and obey that?

If you do then you are protected from their false teachings.

In this you are 100% correct. The ONLY Gospel is Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary.

lifeisgood

God saves those who believe and obey.

God does not save unbelievers.

Oh, gt.

Romans 5:8-11King James Version (KJV)

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

jsanford108

The Trinity

Sure I did.

Sometimes some politicians are also psychic, they say 'watch, this is tomorrow's headlines' and by golly, that's exactly the headlines next day in all media outlets.

That isn't a show of intellect or prediction. Anyone can look at data and predict a result, based on past results from similar data. Economists do this all the time. Politicians just listen to their advisors. Very few are truly educated and knowledgeable about such things, as evidenced by their policies. But that is another discussion.

But in truth, you were expecting an answer similar to GT's. However, when you said that you knew what my reply would be, that was an attempt to portray yourself as superior to myself. Third graders do this frequently. By not supplying an actual reply, and leaving a vague "I know what you will say," you attempt to create a sense of insecurity. When I give my reply, whether it was truthfully expected or not, you can simply state that you "knew that was what I'd say," thus demonstrating your perceived superiority. However, with my reply of Christ's "woes to the Pharisees," I brought in a quote from the Scripture, relevant to your charge, yet not what you expected. Much like the Pharisees, you did not expect such a calling out. You, being similar to them, believing in your own superior knowledge and intellect, are left with making simple assertion that you are superior, "sure I did." Despite evidence to the contrary. It is a result of being scolded publicly, resulting in a slight to your pride.

Now, allow us to pass from this place in this conversation. And if or when we cross next, let us both be truthful, and refrain from vague comments and immature rhetoric.

God's Truth

Oh, gt.

Romans 5:8-11King James Version (KJV)

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Only repentant sinners can be saved.

lifeisgood

That isn't a show of intellect or prediction. Anyone can look at data and predict a result, based on past results from similar data. Economists do this all the time. Politicians just listen to their advisors. Very few are truly educated and knowledgeable about such things, as evidenced by their policies. But that is another discussion.

But in truth, you were expecting an answer similar to GT's. However, when you said that you knew what my reply would be, that was an attempt to portray yourself as superior to myself. Third graders do this frequently. By not supplying an actual reply, and leaving a vague "I know what you will say," you attempt to create a sense of insecurity. When I give my reply, whether it was truthfully expected or not, you can simply state that you "knew that was what I'd say," thus demonstrating your perceived superiority. However, with my reply of Christ's "woes to the Pharisees," I brought in a quote from the Scripture, relevant to your charge, yet not what you expected. Much like the Pharisees, you did not expect such a calling out. You, being similar to them, believing in your own superior knowledge and intellect, are left with making simple assertion that you are superior, "sure I did." Despite evidence to the contrary. It is a result of being scolded publicly, resulting in a slight to your pride.

Now, allow us to pass from this place in this conversation. And if or when we cross next, let us both be truthful, and refrain from vague comments and immature rhetoric.

Keep on your merry way, jsanford108.

lifeisgood

I wished no such thing, but merely noted your inability to respond with anything but nonsensical parroting similar to that of a broken record.

I even attempted to stop the needless arguing and contention multiple times; you would have none of it; now you want to pretend to be nuttier for your own little motives(defamation of my own character). You criticised me for having hope. You claim to believe is to do nothing with knowledge. You speak in irrelevant nonsensical circles and move goalposts when confronted on it.

Now; I will stop, unless and until you actually have some intelligible responses, as I dont want to be sour towards any, but it could go that route if I continue in this pointless lacking communication.

Still,

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Keep on our merry way, popsthebuilder.

marhig

You are 100% correct. We were miraculously saved, exactly like Paul.

Paul was saved like every other true believer, the Lord went looking for Paul.
Paul was merrily murdering people of the Way going straight to hell in a hand basket.

What a shame you reject the miraculous salvation of the Lord Jesus Christ.
No you're wrong, Paul was made blind and had to obey Jesus and go to meet Ananais to receive his sight, of he hadn't of obeyed Jesus then he wouldn't have received the Spirit of God. And he would have remained as he was before. And straight away, when Paul heard Jesus, he said, what will you have me to do Lord. He was ready to obey immediately!

The first word that Jesus preached was repent, that is something we have to obey once we believe, without repentance, no-one is just saved because they are predestined to be so. That's not the truth, we have a choice right from the beginning, believe or not, repent or not, follow Jesus or not!

Last edited: