The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
No, his body before coming to earth was imperishable. He is the First and the Last. He had the resurrected Spiritual Body before coming to earth, and received it back after ascending to heaven. God made the plan for salvation to be through Jesus before anything was made, and then all was made through Jesus.

Then, we're back to square one.

What happened to the body that was born of Mary, ministered to Israel, was crucified, died, rose on the third day and ascended to heaven?

To fit with your scheme, that earthly body disintegrated or Christ now has two bodies.

God's Truth

What happened to the body that was born of Mary, ministered to Israel, was crucified, died, rose on the third day and ascended to heaven?

To fit with your scheme, that earthly body disintegrated or Christ now has two bodies.

What don't you understand about Paul saying we shall all be changed in a twinkling of an eye?

Do you think Paul is saying we will have two bodies or one will be disintegrated?

God's Truth

I can hardly believe that steko is saying that about the scriptures where Paul says:

1 Corinthians 15:51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed — 52in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

What do you think that means, we now have two bodies or one "disintegrated"?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He didn't sin because his spirit is the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God the Father come as a man's.
Foolish woman.
The Son is not the Father.
The Father does things that are different from what the Son does. Matt 3:16-17
The Father says things that are different from what the Son says. Matt 27:46
The Father knows things that are different from what the Son knows. Matt 24:36

God's Truth

It was neither the Father nor the Holy Spirit that was baptized by John in the Jordan River.
It was the Son being baptized by John in the Jordan River.
All three (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) were all doing something different from what the others were doing.
The Son was being baptized.
The Holy Spirit was descending.
The Father was speaking from heaven.
They were not all three one and the same because they were not all three doing the same thing.

The one and only God who is the Father comes to us in three; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
What don't you understand about Paul saying we shall all be changed in a twinkling of an eye?

Do you think Paul is saying we will have two bodies or one will be disintegrated?

I take Paul to mean exactly what he says.

No, I have one body. It will disintegrate in the grave if the Lord tarries. That same body will be restored in the resurrection.

But that is beside the point.
The point is that you are saying that the Lord Jesus has two bodies, and.... that's a big problem.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I can hardly believe that steko is saying that about the scriptures where Paul says:

1 Corinthians 15:51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed — 52in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

What do you think that means, we now have two bodies or one "disintegrated"?

You have shifted the subject.
The subject is not 'our body'.
The subject is 'the two bodies' that you claim Christ has.

Right Divider

Body part
...and what about Jesus do you think was divine if he did not have the spirit of God the Father? Tell me how Jesus came to earth but had NOT the Spirit of God the Father come as a man's?
How in the wide, wide world do you come to that from the scripture that I posted?

That scripture says that the LORD Jesus Christ had a glory WITH His Father before creation.

You give that scripture and say no bodies involved?! Jesus received the same glory he had before coming to earth; and what did he have when leaving this earth? A RESURRECTED BODY.
Irrelevant to the scripture that I posted which says that the LORD Jesus Christ had a glory WITH His Father before creation.

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Yep, she presents her theory as if Christ had a separate body before He became flesh, used a different body when He was flesh, and then discarded that one and went back to using that separate body he had before he was flesh.

God's Truth

Foolish woman.
The Son is not the Father.
The Father does things that are different from what the Son does. Matt 3:16-17
The Father says things that are different from what the Son says. Matt 27:46
The Father knows things that are different from what the Son knows. Matt 24:36

Jesus is not different from God the Father they are the same God. See John 16:13-14; John 5:19; John 8:28; John 12:49; and, John 12:50; John 14:10.

John 16:13 "But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. 14"He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.…

John 5:19 Jesus gave them this answer: "Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.

John 8:28 So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.

John 12:49 For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.

John 12:50 I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say."

John 12:14 Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yep, she presents her theory as if Christ had a separate body before He became flesh, used a different body when He was flesh, and then discarded that one and went back to using that separate body he had before he was flesh.

Yep, that's what it appears to me that she is claiming.

She has still not answered the question:

"What happened to the body of the Lord Jesus which died on the cross, rose again and ascended into heaven?"

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How in the wide, wide world to you come to that from the scripture that I posted?

That scripture says the the LORD Jesus Christ had a glory WITH His Father before creation.

Irrelevant to the scripture that I posted which says the the LORD Jesus Christ had a glory WITH His Father before creation.
Yep, she's nutty.
Christ's resurrected body had the scars of the nail punctures.
His body did not have those scars when He was born in the manger.

God's Truth

I take Paul to mean exactly what he says.

No, I have one body. It will disintegrate in the grave if the Lord tarries. That same body will be restored in the resurrection.
You won't have the same perishable body.
But that is beside the point.
The point is that you are saying that the Lord Jesus has two bodies, and.... that's a big problem.

Stop making stuff up. Prove it that I said that. I am even saying I am not saying that. So stop being dishonest.

I said Jesus' body was changed imperishable, just as Paul says.

God's Truth

Yep, she's nutty.
Christ's resurrected body had the scars of the nail punctures.
His body did not have those scars when He was born in the manger.

Who's a nut?

Is this what Jesus looked like on earth?

Revelation 1:14 The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
No, his body before coming to earth was imperishable. He is the First and the Last. He had the resurrected Spiritual Body before coming to earth, and received it back after ascending to heaven. God made the plan for salvation to be through Jesus before anything was made, and then all was made through Jesus.

So your saying that the body which He had before coming to earth had been resurrected from the dead sometime before He came to earth?
I mean, that is what a resurrected body is by definition.

God's Truth

So your saying that the body which He had before coming to earth had been resurrected from the dead sometime before He came to earth?
I mean, that is what a resurrected body is by definition.

How about you tell me how Jesus is divine on earth if he had a mere man's body and spirit? EXPLAIN.

How about you tell me how God the Father had a body in heaven but it was not Jesus.

You need to do some explaining.

Jesus existed in heaven with a body and the whole creation was made through him.

That is scripture.

Jesus gave up what he had in heaven and came to earth.

That is scripture.

You want to poke fun at the scriptures that is your thing, not mine. I won't have anything to do with discussing with you until you now explain why you want to make fun out of the scriptures.

God sent his Son into the world. John 3:17.

Jesus came from the Father. See John 1:14.

Jesus came down from heaven. See John 6:38. For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.

John 3:13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.

John 6:62
Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before!

John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

John 17:24 "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.