No Works-No Salvation

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The New Testament taught and was modelled and exemplified prior His death...you just posted the proof text that after He signed the new covenant with His blood and sealed it with His death no changes post death were allowed...

We are to believe and live as He did...just as...

Not just have faith IN HIm...but the faith OF Him...live His faith...do AS He did modeling what the New Covenant life was to look like...

I said
ROFLOL Well you really missed the mark didn't you.

clefty

I said
ROFLOL Where did you learn to be a heckler? At Hecklers Are Us university. I have a new word for you to learn. Because you really need it. Edification. Find out what it means.

[Rom 15:2
2 Let each of us please [his] neighbor for [his] good, leading to edification.
[1Co 14:12
12 Even so you, since you are zealous for spiritual [gifts], [let it be] for the edification of the church [that] you seek to excel.
[Eph 4:29
29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.

Sadly your 9/10ths works aint edifying anyone...

“Here are they that keep the commandments of Yah...and the testimony OF Yahushua”...

All of them...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Sadly your 9/10ths works aint edifying anyone...

“Here are they that keep the commandments of Yah...and the testimony OF Yahushua”...

All of them...

I said
lolol I feel sorry for you. Your really struggling for attention.

clefty

I said
lolol I feel sorry for you. Your really struggling for attention.

Sigh...the messenger is attacked when?

This is your thread...another one...and one which is provocative even controversial...

And yet since not even your works are complete (not like His, His way)...you are hypocritical...

Saying one thing (do works) and actually doing another (9 out of 10)

That is attention seeking...and just like what pharisees did

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
once upon a time when there were a lot of people here, a lot of people thought the Squeakster was a bot

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Sigh...the messenger is attacked when?

This is your thread...another one...and one which is provocative even controversial...

And yet since not even your works are complete (not like His, His way)...you are hypocritical...

Saying one thing (do works) and actually doing another (9 out of 10)

That is attention seeking...and just like what pharisees did

I said
lolol You better go back to college at Hecklers Are Us because your really not very good at it. I really don't know why your heckling me. I didn't write the bible, God did. And your profile says your an "other" rather than a Christian or a Jew. The only two beliefs that God honors. But I do understand that your afraid of God so you take your childish frustrations out on Christians. You are very pitiful.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
once upon a time when there were a lot of people here, a lot of people thought the Squeakster was a bot

I said
lol You do know the majority is always wrong. God is not a democrat .

[Mat 7:13-14
13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide [is] the gate and broad [is] the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
14 "Because narrow [is] the gate and difficult [is] the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

clefty

I said
lolol You better go back to college at Hecklers Are Us because your really not very good at it. I really don't know why your heckling me. I didn't write the bible, God did. And your profile says your an "other" rather than a Christian or a Jew. The only two beliefs that God honors. But I do understand that your afraid of God so you take your childish frustrations out on Christians. You are very pitiful.

At some point I hope you turn your attentions away from me...and to the message...you claim we are to bare fruits...I concur and merely emphasize our fruit should look more like His and not of our own choice or as we lived before we were in Him doing His way...

See that is not heckling but showing concern and love that you are concise and consistent and not causing others to stumble or be misled yourself...

Again...we are to keep the commandments ALL OF THEM and the faith not in Him but OF Him...

That’s the meat...not milk...say and do...hear the Word and DO it...not just 9/10ths either...

Oh and not 2 beliefs either...just one...His Son being the Way...you follow that faith? Jews dont either...the irony

I mean post after post you claim the OT destroyed...not part of the NT and now here you still want 2 faiths Christian AND jews...

You are as twisted as a knotted snake...

beloved57

squeaky
Faith Without Works -Is No Salvation

That statement is true as it pertains to the sight of men, but not in the sight of God. See those Christ died for are reconciled to God even while they are being enemies in their minds by wicked works Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

So they were saved from the penalty of sin and had peace with God without any of their works at all !

Truster

There are works unto salvation, but they are carried out on behalf of the sinner and in the sinner, not by the sinner.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
At some point I hope you turn your attentions away from me...and to the message...you claim we are to bare fruits...I concur and merely emphasize our fruit should look more like His and not of our own choice or as we lived before we were in Him doing His way...

You are as twisted as a knotted snake...

I said
lol You always seem to talk out of both sides of your mouth. That is called double minded. You seem to have a problem with a forked tongue yourself.

[Jas 1:6-8
6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 [he is] a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
squeaky

That statement is true as it pertains to the sight of men, but not in the sight of God. See those Christ died for are reconciled to God even while they are being enemies in their minds by wicked works Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

So they were saved from the penalty of sin and had peace with God without any of their works at all !

I said
I think your misunderstanding the difference between saved and salvation. Saved is a free gift. And Jesus death saved us from what we deserve. But that is only so that we could have a chance to work out our salvation. God saved the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt only to destroy those later who would not believe the truth.

[Act 7:39
39 "whom our fathers would not obey, but rejected. And in their hearts they turned back to Egypt,
[Jde 1:5
5 But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
There are works unto salvation, but they are carried out on behalf of the sinner and in the sinner, not by the sinner.

I said
I disagree. And I do this because of experience, and what I went through. Your pouring ALL the responsibility on God. When God tells us to be obedient. Obedient means what we must do.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Would cutting off the flesh be enough to show that we are saved?

I said
lol Do you even know what it means when its talking about the flesh?

It means the flesh.

Squeaky, what was the law designed to do? Was it designed to cut off the flesh?

lol If you going to try to quote something you really should find out in what context it was said.

Duh. That's why I posted (in the Spoiler box) the appropriate passage of scripture.

What your trying to quote is talking about the old testament.

It's not. It's talking about the law.

And everyone knows I don't keep the old testament LAW.

We know you don't. Which is why I asked you why you were being a hypocrite and forcing the LAW on other Christians, which neither Israel nor her patriarchs were able to keep fully.

Act 15:5, 10
5 But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, "It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command [them] to keep the law of Moses." ...
10 "Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

You challenge me on not understanding the context, and then you only post two verses from that entire passage?

LOL. Hypocrite.

That doesnt save anyone...NOT even in the OT...ironic no?

EXACTLY. MY. POINT.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I'm still waiting for squeaky to tell me exactly and specifically what works I have to do to insure my salvation

Jesus sez:
I was hungry and you gave Me food

I was thirsty and you gave Me drink

I was a stranger and you took Me in

I [was] naked and you clothed Me

I was sick and you visited Me

I was in prison and you came to Me

but squeaky sez:
not good enough!

clefty

Quote Originally Posted by clefty
That doesnt save anyone...NOT even in the OT...ironic no?

EXACTLY. MY. POINT.

Oh? Seems more like you think there is no works needs doing...

In the OT His people WANTED to do the works as a sign they are saved not in order to be saved...

But works needs doing...

It is rediculous to think Christians argue that in the OT circmumcision was done TO SAVE...when it was an act done TO an infant...a MALE infant...catch that?...What did the infant do to be saved? NOTHING...it was never about salvation...

what about females?...and finally think of all the circumcised Israelites that were NOT saved...

Cut your flesh but it profits you NOTHING...and as for salvation IT NEVER DID...

Like all the other commandments...His people WANT to keep and do them because they know they ALREADY ARE SAVED...NOT in order to become saved...

clefty

I said
lol You always seem to talk out of both sides of your mouth. That is called double minded. You seem to have a problem with a forked tongue yourself.

[Jas 1:6-8
6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 [he is] a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

You will have to show your work to get to that conclusion about me...until then you are merely spreading false testimony to slander...much like jews did about Stephen and Paul claiming those two taught the Law was changed...

Which you also try to teach...

Man’s traditions upheld by sneaky squeaky...

clefty

squeaky

And we will know those by their fruits which are more like His less like their former selves or the world’s...

Not just faith IN Him...but live the faith (walk) OF Him...Him His way...you are grafted into a greater Trunk to bare fruits like it...in biology cant graft a orange branch into an apple trunk...gotta be same family...so your fruit should look more like His...

And be careful to not be like those other branches who also thought they were a select elite elected...

And yet still cut off...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It means the flesh.

Squeaky, what was the law designed to do? Was it designed to cut off the flesh?

Duh. That's why I posted (in the Spoiler box) the appropriate passage of scripture.

It's not. It's talking about the law.

We know you don't. Which is why I asked you why you were being a hypocrite and forcing the LAW on other Christians, which neither Israel nor her patriarchs were able to keep fully.

You challenge me on not understanding the context, and then you only post two verses from that entire passage?

LOL. Hypocrite.

EXACTLY. MY. POINT.

I said
ROFLOL I always wondered what that spoiler box was for. I just found out.
The flesh is your emotions.

24 And those [who are] Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

[Gal 5:17, 19-21, 24
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. ...
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told [you] in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. ...