God's law in Romans 7

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

What do you believe about God's law in Romans 7? What law is being referred to?

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What do you care what anyone thinks? You think we're all wrong.

Shalom.

I have no idea why you believe that. But, it is not true. A person can believe or have different beliefs and I can have a conversation with them. If there is something for me to learn then I learn something. If I can share with others what I know it is good. It is not about making others think that I am right and that they are wrong. If I am right, that is one thing. But even if that were so or that was the case or is the case in whatever situation, even in this thread you are responding to my OP in, why would that make you wrong? It is true that people cannot believe whatever they want to believe. However, if you know the truth and you are learning or you can share it, that does not make you wrong.

Shalom.

Jacob

beameup

Wherefore the LAW was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster [the LAW] - Galatians 3:24-25

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Wherefore the LAW was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster [the LAW] - Galatians 3:24-25

Shalom.

You are to obey God's commandments, as Jesus taught. Jesus said that He did not come to abolish the Law or the Prophets.

Shalom.

Jacob

beameup

Shalom.

You are to obey God's commandments, as Jesus taught. Jesus said that He did not come to abolish the Law or the Prophets.

Shalom.

Jacob

Well then, YOU have a problem.
Jesus' ministry was to Israel, not the Gentiles.
So, if you want to move to Israel and join an Orthodox Yeshiva, go ahead.
BUT you still will not be able to "obey God's commandments" as there is no TEMPLE.

Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers - Romans 15:8

Paul is the Apostle of the Gentiles.
Paul received direct revelation from the risen and glorified Christ.
For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office- Romans 11:13

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Well then, YOU have a problem.
Jesus' ministry was to Israel, not the Gentiles.
So, if you want to move to Israel and join an Orthodox Yeshiva, go ahead.
BUT you still will not be able to "obey God's commandments" as there is no TEMPLE.

Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers - Romans 15:8

Paul is the Apostle of the Gentiles.
Paul received direct revelation from the risen and glorified Christ.
For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office- Romans 11:13

Shalom.

I am a Jew. I am a proselyte and a convert. I live in the United States of America where I am a citizen since birth. I observe the 613 Commandments here. I would like to live in Israel. I would like to be in Jerusalem three times a year for the feasts. Currently we do not have a standing temple.

Shalom.

Jacob

beameup

Shalom.
I observe the 613 Commandments here.
Jacob

You are deceiving yourself. It's not possible to "observe the 613 commandments".
As Paul says, "you have fallen from grace". You have "severed" your relationship.
You have been severed from Christ,
you who are seeking to be justified by Law;
you have fallen from grace.
- Galatians 5:4

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are deceiving yourself. It's not possible to "observe the 613 commandments".
As Paul says, "you have fallen from grace". You have "severed" your relationship.
You have been severed from Christ,
you who are seeking to be justified by Law;
you have fallen from grace.
- Galatians 5:4

Shalom.

You are confused. I do not seek to be justified by Law. I also have not said that I seek to be justified by Law. I do not know what you are responding to.

Are you familiar with Jesus' words in Matthew 5:17-20? Please read them. I am of Israel. I observe and teach the commandments.

Shalom.

Jacob

beameup

Shalom.
You are confused. I do not seek to be justified by Law. I also have not said that I seek to be justified by Law.
Jacob

It is you that are confused :confused:
Wherefore the Law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. - Galatians 3:24-25

No Temple, No sacrifices = No Judaism

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It is you that are confused :confused:
Wherefore the Law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. - Galatians 3:24-25

Shalom.

Jesus was born under the Law to redeem those under the Law. I may be under the Law in this way in that I am of Israel, although there is a new covenant for the house of Israel and the house of Judah, God's law written on minds and hearts.

However, if under the Law means under the condemnation of the Law, I am not under the condemnation of the Law. I have Jesus as my Savior. The question is if I sin can I be punished according to the Law? Sin is transgression of the law, and the one who is born of God, born again, born of the Spirit, has the Spirit of God dwelling in him, and does not sin, does not practice sin, does not commit sin, does not habitually sin, and does not continue in sin. The question is if I can think without sinning. I can think, and I know that I am not sinning outwardly. I can think and I know my thoughts can be in line with what God wants. That is, they can agree with God's word. I can live, obey, and teach God's word, even His Torah. I accept the TaNaKh and Matthew through Revelation. I can be tempted, poked, and my thoughts can be mixed up or I can be confused about things, what is right, what I am experiencing, or what I am perceiving. But I know the truth, and if I sin in word, thought, or deed, or can sin in word, thought, or deed, I don't know if that is because it is possible for a believer or because I am unsaved. The only other possibility is that the believer can, does, or might sin. I do not want to ever sin. I want to always please my Master. I serve God, (Hebrew is read from right to left) יהוה, Yahveh, and His only begotten Son, Yeshua HaMashiach, Jesus the Christ, the Messiah, my Lord and Savior. I am to obey God's commandments, and being of Israel I am to obey all of them, from Torah on forward through the Scriptures (Torah is the Scriptures or the TaNaKh is the Scriptures. The TaNaKh is the Hebrew Scriptures). And Matthew through Revelation. Torah has 613 Commandments for all of Israel. Matthew through Revelation has 1050 Commandments.

Shalom.

Jacob

beameup

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. - Galatians 5:16
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
For THE LAW of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the Law of sin and death.
- Romans 8:1

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. - Galatians 5:16
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
For THE LAW of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the Law of sin and death.
Shalom.

Yes.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Shalom.

Why do you say free from the Law?

Shalom.

Jacob

beameup

Shalom.

Why do you say free from the Law?

Shalom.

Jacob

Because the indwelling Spirit makes the Law useless.
Walking in the flesh will always make you focused on yourself... "self-centered".
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. - Romans 8:1-5

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Because the indwelling Spirit makes the Law useless.
Walking in the flesh will always make you focused on yourself... "self-centered".
Shalom.

The Law is not useless.

Do you believe that the Spirit of God does not speak against a commandment of God? Do you believe that the Spirit of God teaches us and instructs us in regard to God's commandments?

Shalom.

Jacob