Isn't it reasonable to doubt Young Earth Creationism?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
While you were yawning, did you get what the term paper was about? If you did, explain to me why hares (prey) have foxes (predator) and not lions. Why do foxes go with hares and not lions with hares?

And why is it that every layer of fossils has predators and prey suited to each other? For instance why do T rex's come with Triceratops, and not wildebeests?

A lion wants a bigger dinner, while a fox makes well with roast rabbit

iouae

A lion wants a bigger dinner, while a fox makes well with roast rabbit

Yes, Brer Rabbit is too nimble for a lion to catch, and if a lion wasted its energy trying to catch it, it would waste more energy than is in the rabbit.

All food chains have one or two balanced predator-prey relationships.

It would be impossible for all the animals which have ever lived to have lived simultaneously. Imagine the chaos of dinosaurs with humans etc. God had to make beasts much smaller and cuddlier to suit us weak humans, or we would be the prey for everything.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
You just got finished describing a way that would not happen.

You'll have a shot at convincing people their ideas are incorrect if you address their ideas.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Water that is over 500 degrees above the boiling point flashes to steam when released. There is a huge amount of energy in that high temperature water that is released. You need the steam as part of your hypothesis so that it can condense and fall as rain. There is a substantial amount of energy stored in superheated fluids and the law of conservation of energy applies. I have not yet seen the math that would support a fountain that could cool super critical water while retaining enough energy to launch large chunks of the Earth's surface into varying orbits. I'm not even sure why that is part of Walt's hypothesis.

6days

iouae said:
Imagine the chaos of dinosaurs with humans etc. God had to make beasts much smaller and cuddlier to suit us weak humans, or we would be the prey for everything.
Chaos? Perhaps according to secular beliefs.

God's Word tell us... "God created great sea creatures and every living thing that scurries and swarms in the water, and every sort of bird...And evening passed and morning came, marking the fifth day. ...God made all sorts of wild animals, livestock, and small animals...God created human beings in his own image... Then God blessed them and said...Fill the earth and govern it. Reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, and all the animals that scurry along the ground....And evening passed and morning came, marking the sixth day."

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Water that is over 500 degrees above the boiling point flashes to steam when released.
You just got finished describing how that doesn't happen.

There is a huge amount of energy in that high temperature water that is released.
Enough to launch Pluto.

You need the steam as part of your hypothesis so that it can condense and fall as rain.
Nope.

I have not yet seen the math that would support a fountain that could cool super critical water while retaining enough energy to launch large chunks of the Earth's surface into varying orbits.
That's not surprising. You spend no time considering the arguments of others.

I'm not even sure why that is part of Walt's hypothesis.

:yawn:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Cabinetmaker: What happens if you have SCW in a 4 gallon container and open a 1/2-inch hole in it? Assume the container does not fail.

Does it "flash to steam"?

Is the discharge hot or cold?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Cabinetmaker: What happens if you have SCW in a 4 gallon container and open a 1/2-inch hole in it? Assume the container does not fail.

Iwb0rEE.png

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The part where that is a reasonable assumption.
Except his focus isn't the container. It's the fluid inside he wants to know about. It's a hypothetical question, Cabbie, his focus is on the fluid inside the container, not the container itself. He's wanting to know if you know how SCW behaves.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Except his focus isn't the container. It's the fluid inside he wants to know about. It's a hypothetical question, Cabbie, his focus is on the fluid inside the container, not the container itself. He's wanting to know if you know how SCW behaves.

The water and the container form a system that have to be taken together. A breach in a pressure vessel can easly lead to a steam explosion. If the vessel that holds the water manages to retain its integrity then the water that exits the hole will instantly flash to super heated steam. Look at the Myth Buster video. That was just super heated water and when it was disturbed, it instantly boiled. This happened to my Mom and the water that came out of that cup burned her hand. The thin wall of a plastic bucket does not create a throttling valve capable of reducing the temperature of the water from 705°F to 40°F in the time it takes the high pressure water to traverse the distance defined by the wall of the bucket. A throttling valve is a actually a fairly complex design when dealing with super critical liquids. It is not just a hole.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Hey, Cabbie, the topic is Supercritical water, not steam or liquid water.

What are the properties of supercritical water? It is very hot and it is under a lot of pressure. What happens when you suddenly reduce the pressure by punching a hole in something. See the law of conservation of energy.

iouae

No mention of supercritical water in the Bible, so I am supercritical about wasting more than this line more on the subject. But then, I just might ;)