ECT How is Paul's message different?

glorydaz

Even you had to agree with some of my findings (in some of YOUR posts to the Hybrids, over in the "MAD" forum).

Start your own forum, Musti. That should solve your need to ban any one who calls you out on your double-standard.

Problem solved.

Rom. 5:6-8.

They weren't YOUR findings. They were your parrotings. :rolleyes:

dodge

How is it not different?

I invite you to answer the questions I just posed to LA.

They illustrate just two of the differences between Paul and the twelve but to give you a direct answer, the difference is the Gospel of Grace.

No one other than Paul preached the gospel of grace - no one. Not Jesus, not Peter nor James nor John nor anyone else.

Romans 4:5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,​

That idea is exclusive to Paul!

Further, there are lots and lots of doctrinal debates in the church that have persisted for centuries and a great many of them, if not all of them, fall along the lines of Paul vs Peter, James & John.

Is water baptism required for salvation?

If you say, "Yes", you'll cite the New Testament books NOT written by Paul, including the Gospels.

If you say, "No", you'll cite nothing at all but the books written by Paul.

The same is true about whether works are required for salvation, or whether you can lost your salvation, or speaking in tongues, or whether the rapture will occur before or after the Tribulation, or whether you should only eat certain kinds of foods, or whether you should observe the Sabbath or tithe or obey the Ten Commandments, etc, etc.

All of these seemingly unrelated issues, and many more, all fall along the lines of Paul vs the rest of the Biblical authors and so I'm not being flippant at all when I say that the list of what isn't different is much shorter than the list of things which are different. Very nearly the whole thing is different because the difference is literally the difference between observance of the law being required vs. observance of the law being prohibited.

Resting in Him,
Clete

P.S. Here's an excellent example of just the sort of doctrinal debate I'm talking about. Skim through the first several posts and take note of the proof texts on each side...

Swine Sausage - Sin?

Yet Jesus , Paul and EVERY early christian was water baptized. Therein lies the problem Madist place more importance and emphasis on Paul even more so than Jesus. Your loss not mine.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yet Jesus , Paul and EVERY early christian was water baptized. Therein lies the problem Madist place more importance and emphasis on Paul even more so than Jesus. Your loss not mine.

Emphasis on Paul is in fact emphasis on the Lord Jesus since Paul received his ministry directly from the Lord Jesus in Glory.

Act 20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

glorydaz

Emphasis on Paul is in fact emphasis on the Lord Jesus since Paul received his ministry directly from the Lord Jesus in Glory.

Act 20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Indeed.

Acts 18:9-10 Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace: For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.

Acts 23:11
11 And the night following the Lord stood by him, and said, Be of good cheer, Paul: for as thou hast testified of me in Jerusalem, so must thou bear witness also at Rome.​

dodge

Hold the phone ! Did Paul say, "I am the way the truth and the life and no man comes to the Father but by me"?

I believe Jesus said that in John 14:6 NOT the Apostle Paul. CONTEXT is everything.

Paul led others to Jesus NOT to himself.

dodge

Indeed.

Acts 18:9-10 Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace: For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.

Acts 23:11
11 And the night following the Lord stood by him, and said, Be of good cheer, Paul: for as thou hast testified of me in Jerusalem, so must thou bear witness also at Rome.​

BINGO ,Paul testified about Jesus NOT about himself.

dodge

How many baptisms did the Jews have, Dodge? What did they baptise? Just people?

How many are qualified (sinless) to be obeyed and followed ?

Mat 28:19

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

dodge

Was Jesus baptized for the remission of sin?

You seem to think that ALL water baptisms are the same.... they are NOT!

Jesus being a sinless sacrifice was baptized to fulfill all righteousness as our example. Now along come some folks and say ignore Jesus and let me show you why you should disobey Jesus.....No thanks.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How many are qualified (sinless) to be obeyed and followed ?

Mat 28:19

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
You live up to your username pretty well, don't you.

Again, Dodge, how many baptisms did/do the Jews have? Who or what did they baptise? Did they baptise only people? or did they also baptise inanimate objects as well?