How do you know you are saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's not the proof one is saved. Mormons claim that very verse, as do all cults. Subjective feelings, the true god of the charismatic, proves nothing and can deceive.

The answer is found in WHAT is believed, just as Paul said, Gospel hater.

Your feelings that I am a gospel hater comes from the same place as Mormons does.

The question was, how do you know you are saved.

Your relying on your beliefs is subject to your own opinion, so is unreliable.

What you do not know is in what way God witnesses by His Spirit to the saved.

You would be saved if you knew.

LA

Last edited:

God's Truth

I, as a catholic can never be certain if I'll be saved. I know that when I confess and repent, I'm sinless, so at that particular moment i would be saved. But tomorrow i could theoretically commit mortal sin and die without a chance to confess and repent.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

The Catholic church is wicked and they hinder many from being saved.

God's Truth

Both of you are dancing around to answer my simple questions because you know you are ignoring His teaching.

You can run but you cannot hide, friends.

We can find true Christians by what kind of faith we are pursuing. It is called fruit.

You are evil for blaspheming Paul's words. You also admit you are not holy and not saved.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I, as a catholic can never be certain if I'll be saved.
If you believe them, :eek:linger: you will die in your sin (Jud 11).

I know that when I confess and repent, I'm sinless...
The heretics here at TOL will agree with you.
hightheo032769723695723u4.JPG
I will not (see: Lordship). You have no righteousness of your own. When you trust in the Lord, his righteousness is imputed (1 Cor. 1:30). The believer isn't sinless. He sins less.

...so at that particular moment i would be saved.
If it's genuine (1 Thess. 1:9, 10). :juggle:

But tomorrow i could theoretically commit mortal sin and die without a chance to confess and repent.
A priest can't do a thing for you. :rolleyes: If you come to the end of your life and call a pedophile in to read you your last rights, you're going to hell. Now your blood's on you not me. Have a nice day.

See:

No Mediator

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are evil for blaspheming Paul's words. You also admit you are not holy and not saved.

Please do not be so harsh.

You may not be able to sense something of Christ in meshak, but I can.

Meshak seems to believe , saved, means something a bit different to you.

I accept that we who believe are saved from Gods Wrath, but that we ultimately will be saved at Christ's return.

Heb 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

It seems that Meshak does look to Christ now and for Christ to appear.

LA

God's Truth

Did you see what John told the soldiers to do?

Do violence to no man!

Jesus healed a Gentile man's soldier, and said that he had seen no greater faith in all Israel.

Jesus didn't say that the man had to stop having soldiers before he would help him, neither did he say the sick soldier had to stop being a soldier.

rickyg0000

If you believe them, :eek:linger: you will die in your sin (Jud 11).

The heretics here at TOL will agree with you.
hightheo032769723695723u4.JPG
I will not (see: Lordship). You have no righteousness of your own. When you trust in the Lord, his righteousness is imputed (1 Cor. 1:30). The believer isn't sinless. He sins less.

If it's genuine (1 Thess. 1:9, 10). :juggle:

A priest can't do a thing for you. :rolleyes: If you come to the end of your life and call a pedophile in to read you your last rights, you're going to hell. Now your blood's on you not me. Have a nice day.

See:

No Mediator
You seem to make several General accusations. To me it seems that you feel you're better than us.

I will pray for you as it hurts me to see someone with such a judgemental heart.

Mathew 7:5
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. The World English Bible translates the passage as: You hypocrite!

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

God's Truth

Please do not be so harsh.

You may not be able to sense something of Christ in meshak, but I can.

Meshak seems to believe , saved, means something a bit different to you.

I accept that we who believe are saved from Gods Wrath, but that we ultimately will be saved at Christ's return.

Heb 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

It seems that Meshak does look to Christ now and for Christ to appear.

LA

Meshak blasphemies the words of Paul.

Don't tell me not to be so harsh.

If you care so much for her, you need to tell her that she is in grave error.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Meshak blasphemies the words of Paul.

Don't tell me not to be so harsh.

If you care so much for her, you need to tell her that she is in grave error.

I think Meshak has heard so many false teachings from others misusing the words of Paul that she has not yet learnt the true meanings of what he said.

Calling any believer a blasphemer is no way to help anyone in error, if they are.

Tit 3:2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.
Tit 3:3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Tit 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Tit 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

So how do you know you are saved?

God's Truth

I think Meshak has heard so many false teachings from others misusing the words of Paul that she has not yet learnt the true meanings of what he said.

That is no excuse. I have patiently tried many times to explain the truth to her.

Calling any believer a blasphemer is no way to help anyone in error, if they are.

You call her a believer, but she does not believe...she says she does not believe the words Paul speaks, which are the words of God. She says she does not believe she is saved yet. She says she does not believe she is holy.

She also is a false judge condemning many. You need to go through your thread here and correct her from condemning others here. If you do not, then you share in her guilt as you also double that guilt by standing up for her sin.

You too also have condemned others who claim they believe. Please do not be hypocritical.

Tit 3:2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.
Tit 3:3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
Tit 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Tit 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
Tit 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Tit 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Titus 1:13 This saying is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith

1 Corinthians 5:2 Shouldn’t you have thrown out of your church the man doing this?

1 John 2:4 Whoever says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.

Meshak does not know God and she does not obey Him.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That is no excuse. I have patiently tried many times to explain the truth to her.

You call her a believer, but she does not believe...she says she does not believe the words Paul speaks, which are the words of God. She says she does not believe she is saved yet. She says she does not believe she is holy.

She also is a false judge condemning many. You need to go through your thread here and correct her from condemning others here. If you do not, then you share in her guilt as you also double that guilt by standing up for her sin.

You too also have condemned others who claim they believe. Please do not be hypocritical.

Titus 1:13 This saying is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith

1 Corinthians 5:2 Shouldn’t you have thrown out of your church the man doing this?

1 John 2:4 Whoever says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.

Meshak does not know God and she does not obey Him.

So you know that Meshak does not know God.

Are you God?

How do you know you are saved?

LA

daqq

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Tambora
Even for you numskulls that deny Jesus Christ as Lord, you still have to acknowledge that Christ did not go against the will of His Father.
Not if it can only mean that He's the Maker made flesh, they don't! :sibbie:

:)

So then, Nihilo, do you also say, "Jesus is YHWH", like Musterion says? :)

God's Truth

So you know that Meshak does not know God.

Are you God?

How do you know you are saved?

LA

I already explained to you how I know Meshak does not know God.

Why do you ask how do I know when I just told you?

I gave you scriptures and explained how I knew.

I will explain to you again.

God says those who say they know me but do not obey are liars.

Meshak does not obey God.

God says not to judge a chosen of His. She judges Paul.

Paul speaks the words of God as given to him by the Holy Spirit. She says Paul speaks falseness.

Jesus says his blood washes us clean. Meshak says she is not holy.

God says He saves those who love Him. Meshak says she does not know she is saved.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I already explained to you how I know Meshak does not know God.

Why do you ask how do I know when I just told you?

I gave you scriptures and explained how I knew.

I will explain to you again.

God says those who say they know me but do not obey are liars.

Meshak does not obey God.

God says not to judge a chosen of His. She judges Paul.

Paul speaks the words of God as given to him by the Holy Spirit. She says Paul speaks falseness.

Jesus says his blood washes us clean. Meshak says she is not holy.

God says He saves those who love Him. Meshak says she does not know she is saved.

Well she just might be more honest about herself.

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
2Co 13:6 But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.
2Co 13:7 Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates.
2Co 13:8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.
2Co 13:9 For we are glad, when we are weak, and ye are strong: and this also we wish, even your perfection.
2Co 13:10 Therefore I write these things being absent, lest being present I should use sharpness, according to the power which the Lord hath given me to edification, and not to destruction.
2Co 13:11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

LA

God's Truth

Well she just might be more honest about herself.

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
2Co 13:6 But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.
2Co 13:7 Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates.
2Co 13:8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.
2Co 13:9 For we are glad, when we are weak, and ye are strong: and this also we wish, even your perfection.
2Co 13:10 Therefore I write these things being absent, lest being present I should use sharpness, according to the power which the Lord hath given me to edification, and not to destruction.
2Co 13:11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

LA

She did expose herself, as she claimed she was exposing others.

marhig

Jesus healed a Gentile man's soldier, and said that he had seen no greater faith in all Israel.

Jesus didn't say that the man had to stop having soldiers before he would help him, neither did he say the sick soldier had to stop being a soldier.
No he didn't, but Jesus still taught peace and not violence. And John the Baptist clearly said to the soldier show violence to no man. I've said in another thread, it says in the Bible that our weapons of warfare are not carnal, we war with the sword of the spirit which is the word of God.

War and violence are of this world but those born of God who walk in the Spirit are not of this world. We're to bring God to others through love, not war and violence they are not the way, hate brings hate but love overcomes hate and Jesus showed a new and living way and through him we can be born anew of the Spirit, the holy spirit gives us the power to overcome the flesh and hatred and violence will be the last things on our mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.