The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If the invisible atmosphere is moved with the visible earth but everything visible moves through the invisible atmosphere then we should see the movement of the visible earth even though we cannot see the invisible atmosphere moving with it.

How does gravity move the atmosphere?

Don't tell it's like being in a car, heard that already, don't just say that's how gravity works, give me the science of it. Tell what the atmosphere is made of and how it moves things in it while at the same time things move through it.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And everyone following this thread just let out a an audible.... :sigh:

Tell what the atmosphere is made of and how it moves things in it while at the same time things move through it.

The atmosphere moves everything with it.

Things move through the atmosphere.

Then the atmosphere does not move every thing with it.

See the problem?

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I reckon this came before the internet.

Job 26:7, 10 "7 He stretches out the north over empty space;
He hangs the earth on nothing.
10 He drew a circular horizon on the face of the waters,
At the boundary of light and darkness."

"He hangs the earth on nothing." Sounds like a pretty good description of how the earth floats (using that term loosely here) through space, orbiting the sun.

By the way, I don't think it was answered before, but how far down does the earth go? Does it have anything underneath it? If we were to dig a deep enough hole, would we get through to the other side?

Doesn't sound like something you could hang on nothing.

As for verse 10, "circular horizon ... at the boundary of light and darkness" implies that the boundary of light and darkness is at the horizon. The flat earth model doesn't fit this verse, as the horizon (as Dave I think mentioned earlier when he described how the Sun and Moon would be above the earth on a flat model) would be much farther out than the boundary between light and darkness, in direct contradiction to that verse. The flat earth model is UNBIBLICAL, whereas it has been explained that verses using the word "circle" don't mean a flat circle, but mean a sphere, as a sphere looks like a circle from any direction (which also kind of ties in to God's ability to be anywhere He wants to be, His omnipresence, in Isaiah 40:22 "He sits above the circle of the earth.")

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Tell what the atmosphere is made of and how it moves things in it while at the same time things move through it.

See the problem?

--Dave

the river is made of water

when i threw a downed limb into it this morning, the current moved the limb downriver

while at the same time mergansers, mink, muskrat and fish moved through it

no problem :idunno:

john w

Hall of Fame
the river is made of water

when i threw a downed limb into it this morning, the current moved the limb downriver

while at the same time mergansers, mink, muskrat and fish moved through it

no problem :idunno:

I am eventually going to obtain a Captain Daryl Dragon hat, and wear it at Miller Time Happy Hour.

gcthomas

See the problem?

--Dave

Dave, were you home schooled by any chance? Did your school not teach physics? Or did you skip a lot?

The answers to your questions involve the concepts that Isaac Newton wrote about in his book "Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy" published in 1687. Every child in every comprehensive school system in the world experiments with little masses and force metres to verify the laws of motion, except you it seems.

The language and concepts of Newtonian mechanics and forces is necessary to answer your questions, but since you appear not to understand the answers given already I assume your physics education is somewhat lacking. Unless you have a good dose of Dunning Kruger Syndrome, you will just have to, now, defer to those who actually do know better.

Good luck.

musterion

If believing in a round planet does not affect someone's salvation, and Dave said it doesn't, then what's the point in being convinced the Earth is flat. So what? They are a lot more immediately practical issues out there that are worth determining truthfulness or falseness, some of which do affect salvation.

Status
Not open for further replies.