A Peculiar Kind of Gospel

Status
Not open for further replies.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lighthouse

Stick to the subject. Pay attention to the context. You know what law Sozo was referring to. And which ones he wasn't referring to.

Ummm, no. Not on our hearts of flesh [metaphorical, or physical]. On the heart [metaphorical] of our spirits.

Actually, I am not clear what law he refers to and am not certain if he distinguishes the different uses of the word law.

The law on our hearts part I agree with you.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Lawless

I see...:chuckle: I was joking also when you said " we should not be lawless" so I responded with " I am Lawless".....Humor only....didn't really have anything else to do with the context at hand.

Well.....One callsign is as good as any other I would guess,unless it be offensive or obscene. I can understand though how some may need a explanation as to it's meaning....lol! I wouldn't want any one to think I am actually " Lawless". I definitly believe in law and order, and really don't think we have enough of it today' in this great nation of ours. I think in a lot of ways our Justice system and courts of law are broken. Abortion is just one example of many.

I am just a simple man saved by the blood Jesus, dead to the Law of the old Covenant. .........thus....." Lawless".....Or at least that was what was on my mind when I signed in to TOL...

I never introducted myself here at TOL, just kinda stumbled on to it from a link somewhere, if I remember correctly. I mostly enjoy reading some of the threads here not really much of a debater. I speak of Jesus to anyone whenever I can. I came to know Jesus through reading of the word motivated from a desire to search for answers.

I presently live in Kentucky, have a wife, one daughter,I am a Retired firefighter..........and probably told ya more then you want to know!!.......lol! Anyway, Just my way of saying hello to everyone!

It's all about Jesus. We can present Him in simplicity and power. This other sophisticated mumbo jumbo is important, but not worth fighting about. Let us love and proclaim Jesus to a dying world.

Were you a volunteer firefighter or a paid professional in a city?

I am a paramedic. I am not cross trained. We get along like cats and dogs. I like volunteer firefighters who serve their community. I have a problem with self-serving, budget-padding Fire services that eat, sleep, and watch T.V. all day/night and try to take over EMS and its budget to justify their existence (results in lesser patient care).

OMEGA

Godrulz,

Tell us where exactly does the Spirit of Wisdom come from?

Ex 28:3 And thou shalt speak unto all that are wise hearted, whom I have filled with the spirit of wisdom, that they may make Aaron’s garments to consecrate him, that he may minister unto me in the priest’s office.
De 34:9 And Joshua the son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom; for Moses had laid his hands upon him: and the children of Israel hearkened unto him, and did as the LORD commanded Moses.
Isa 11:2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by OMEGA

Godrulz,

Tell us where exactly does the Spirit of Wisdom come from?

Ex 28:3 And thou shalt speak unto all that are wise hearted, whom I have filled with the spirit of wisdom, that they may make Aaron’s garments to consecrate him, that he may minister unto me in the priest’s office.
De 34:9 And Joshua the son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom; for Moses had laid his hands upon him: and the children of Israel hearkened unto him, and did as the LORD commanded Moses.
Isa 11:2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Some contexts refer to the person of the Holy Spirit as the Spirit of wisdom. Other contexts use the word in the sense of 'spirit of Christmas', 'spirit of giving', etc.

The Holy Spirit can give us a spirit of wisdom. He is also called the Spirit of wisdom.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Sozo

Finney was widley known as a heretic who denied justification by faith in Christ. It is FURTHER proof to ALL of us at TOL that you are a godless Christ hating pig!

Do you think you could be nice on Christmas Day? Do you really think you speak for everyone here (ALL of us at TOL)? Are you a megalomaniac? Is there no one else here who understands Finney or was positively impacted by Last Days Ministries? I suppose God killed Keith Green in a plane crash for being a Christ-hating pig? Sozo, you are off the wall. Green is in glory, while you are here hating the Body of Christ. Good job, fool.

How does believing some things Finney wrote make one a Christ-hating pig? Finney had a significant conversion experience and was used in impactful revivals bearing fruit that remained. He exalted the character of God and used the law to convict people of their sin and selfishness. Following the Satanic Bible would make one a Christ-hater. I just do not get you. If one likes some of Norman Geisler's ideas, or Packer, or Sproul...if you disagree with them (which I do at times)...does that make them and their readers Christ-haters??!

Finney did not deny justification by faith. He was an evangelical Protestant. It is a misrepresentation of his beliefs to say he denied this foundational doctrine. Have you read all his relevant chapters on this subject? The ones who did not like Finney were hyper-Calvinists.

What do you think of Keith Green? Do you doubt the Spirit stirring him in this account? His zeal, passion, and impact for the kingdom likely far exceeds what you or I will do in a lifetime.

Do you have a distant relative who was a Pharisee?

Sozo

Originally posted by godrulz

Do you think you could be nice on Christmas Day?
Sure, but that is not today.
How does believing some things Finney wrote make one a Christ-hating pig?
It doesn't, but it just provides us with more evidence of what you already are.
Finney had a significant conversion experience and was used in impactful revivals bearing fruit that remained.
Those "revivals" had nothing to do with God. There is no such thing as a revival from God's perspective. The "fruit" of them has created a wave of false teachers like yourself.
He exalted the character of God and used the law to convict people of their sin and selfishness.
On who? The lost or the church?
Following the Satanic Bible would make one a Christ-hater.
No, that would just make you an immature idiot. Teaching self-reformation as you and Finney makes one a Christ-hater.
If one likes some of Norman Geisler's ideas, or Packer, or Sproul...if you disagree with them (which I do at times)...does that make them and their readers Christ-haters??!
No, but constant references to the doctrines of men makes you one. It proves that you do not abide in Christ for the truth.
Finney did not deny justification by faith.
Yes, he did.
It is a misrepresentation of his beliefs to say he denied this foundational doctrine.
It is a misrepresentation of the gospel for you and Finney to teach self-reformation as a way to "keep the faith".
The ones who did not like Finney were hyper-Calvinists.
So what? You are possessed by a familiar spirit that worships men.
What do you think of Keith Green?
He makes poor aviation decisions.
Do you doubt the Spirit stirring him in this account?
I know Melody, and you know nothing about Keith or what He believed. Frankly, I'm sick of your exaltation of men. Everything you say, comes from what others think and teach. Your mind is ruled by a demon.
His zeal, passion, and impact for the kingdom likely far exceeds what you or I will do in a lifetime.
He was a singer who wrote a handful of encouraging songs... GET OVER IT!

Do you have a distant relative who (is) a Pharisee?
I'm sure if we go far enough back, we will find that you and I are related, so yes.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Yes he did, no he didn't. Yes he did, no he didn't.

Thank you for the courtesy of a reply. Would it not be better for your mental health to ignore me?

I do not exalt men. I am trying to show the inconsistency in your judgments.

Why do I feel like Karate chopping you? Must love my enemies (gritted teeth).

I ll,,llll....oooo....vvvvv.....eeeeee u sssssoooooozzzzooo;)

OMEGA

Godrulz said,

Some contexts refer to the person of the Holy Spirit as the Spirit of wisdom. Other contexts use the word in the sense of 'spirit of Christmas', 'spirit of giving', etc.

The Holy Spirit can give us a spirit of wisdom. He is also called the Spirit of wisdom.
--------------
Godrulz, that is a pretty Lame answer.

What the Heck is the Spirit of Christmas when Christmas is PAGAN
through and through.

So you are saying that Solomon had the HOLY SPIRIT too ???????

I think that you had better go and study some more and give me a better answer than all this baloney.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Isn't 'spirit of x, y, or z' a common English saying? There is more than one use of the word 'spirit' (did I not suggest looking up all the uses for pneuma and ruach?).

The Holy Spirit was seen in Genesis. The Spirit came upon the OT saints. In the NT, He indwells the believer. David and Solomon had the Holy Spirit's anointing on them at times.

Lawless

Originally posted by godrulz

It's all about Jesus. We can present Him in simplicity and power. This other sophisticated mumbo jumbo is important, but not worth fighting about. Let us love and proclaim Jesus to a dying world.

Were you a volunteer firefighter or a paid professional in a city?

I am a paramedic. I am not cross trained. We get along like cats and dogs. I like volunteer firefighters who serve their community. I have a problem with self-serving, budget-padding Fire services that eat, sleep, and watch T.V. all day/night and try to take over EMS and its budget to justify their existence (results in lesser patient care).

I am not crossed trained either, just advanced first aid, although there were a few of us firefighters trained as paramedic's. Yes.....I was professional, put in twenty years.

Hummmm...Sorry to hear you didn't get along with the pro-firefighters. My experience was just the opposite, I got along just fine with the paramedic's, one of which is a good friend. Although during my active duty years the Fire Department and EMS. were two separate departments, they are now incorpated into one.

We worked 24 on and 48 off, while the EMS were eight hour shifts. Most of us had off day jobs too....sorry about the bed thing, but it is hard to stay up for 24 hours.....lol! It was aways a comfort to me to have the EMS guys around! Some of the EMS crews would stop by the fire house in between runs, and have a cup of coffee ,and watch "TV" with us...lol. If we got a fire they would tag along in case we would need them. I can remember many a times being in a smoke filled burning building, ventilate a window, look down and see my EMS friends standing on the street with a oxygen bottle in hand ready if we got into trouble......As I said they were a comfort to me!

A few years before I retired , the incorporation of the two departments was in the planning. I was in support of it, and the only concern my Paramedic friend had was the fear of cross training.....As it turned out the cross training wasn't made mandatory, and the pay increased for the paramedic's ....raised to that of the firefighters. So ....the EMS people benefited....Which I looked at as a good thing...They deserved it! I always had a respect for them.

We also from time to time would work with the volunteers ,in the out of city districts. Most of which had contracts with the city for fire protection. For the most part we got along fine, a few problems arose now and then, but it was aways worked out!

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Excellent. Protective services should get along and support each other. Our issues here are more political than personal.

OMEGA

Doctrine of men

Doctrine of men

Sozo said,

No, but constant references to the doctrines of men makes you one. It proves that you do not abide in Christ for the truth.
----------------------------------------

HEY SOZO , Christmas is a Doctrine of Men.

If you keep it , what does that make you ?:think:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Re: Doctrine of men

Sozo said,

----------------------------------------

HEY SOZO , Christmas is a Doctrine of Men.

If you keep it , what does that make you ?:think:

Your WWCOG roots are showing.

OMEGA

Godrulz,

If you didn't Realize but I am on your side in this one .

But if you do not want help , have a nice day.

P.S. Jabez wants you to PM him.

godrulz

Hall of Fame

Godrulz,

If you didn't Realize but I am on your side in this one .

But if you do not want help , have a nice day.

P.S. Jabez wants you to PM him.

Help away. I hope things are not us against them. Let us all strive to pursue truth with the help of one another.

I will respond to Jabez if he PMs me.

Sozo

Christmas is a Doctrine of Men.
Christmas is a doctrine?

You know, Omega, you really should remember to move your head first before you close the refrigerator door! :freak:

Status
Not open for further replies.