The Simplicity of the Gospel / The Complicated Religions

Eagles Wings

You did not answer the question. You're a liar.
As my Dad used to say, "don't call someone a liar unless you have facts to back it up".

You're a rabid anti-Calvinist. I get it.

You (and others) have yet to refute Limited Atonement to my satisfaction and you've now chosen to attack my reputation.

I'm actually in a charitable mood tonight, and will offer to let this go.

Last edited:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
If no one can believe without God's enabling, and if the only reason you should believe is because God gave you the faith to do it, then the only reason unbelievers don't believe is because God didn't give them faith.

Right.

So explain how a just God can condemn people specifically for refusing to believe, when He chose to withhold faith from them.

Because of their sin, they do not deserve God's rescue.

Salvation is a matter of pure grace, remember?

Any King has the right to determine who will abide in HIS Kingdom, by Sovereign decree.

Live with it . . .

God Almighty, the King of all, has such power and sovereign right to determine who will live in His Kingdom, which determination cannot be denied or defied by His created subjects.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
God CANNOT lie.

Calvinism makes Him a liar, condemning for unbelief those He made to be unbelievers.

Adam subjected his progeny to unbelief, due to his own lack of love for God, and his obvious failure to believe in the Word of God.

Adam is the cause of sin; not God.

The devil is the father of lies, not Calvin.

Learn and accept these truths, and stop persecuting Jesus Christ and His elect church of regenerated believers!

musterion

As my Dad used to say, "don't call someone a liar unless you have facts to back it up".

You're a rabid anti-Calvinist. I get it.

You (and others) have yet to refute Limited Atonement to my satisfaction and you've now chosen to attack my reputation.

I'm actually in a charitable mood tonight, and will offer to let this go.

I'm not letting it go.

You didn't answer the question of how God can't lie when you admit He blames for unbelief those from whom He did not give faith.

If you or I punished someone for making a choice that we secretly forced them to make, and then pretended they had an alternative when we saw to it they had none, then we'd be liars and worthy of condemnation.

That is what you're saying about God.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm not letting it go.

You didn't answer the question of how God can't lie when you admit He blames for unbelief those from whom He did not give faith.

If you or I punished someone for making a choice that we secretly forced them to make, and then pretended they had an alternative when we saw to it they had none, then we'd be liars and worthy of condemnation.

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Act 28:23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.
Act 28:24 And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.
Act 28:25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,
Act 28:26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
Act 28:27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Eagles Wings

I'm not letting it go.

To be clear, I let go of your accusation that I am a liar. Forgiven, amends made, will not hold it against you.

I did answer your question.

God is sovereign and does as He pleases in giving faith to some and withholding it from others.

I believe the historic Canon of Dordt provides biblical evidence of God's Sovereignty in election and reprobation.

This is all I have to add, musterion, as I will be busy with Christmas preparations.

Glory to God!

musterion

To be clear, I let go of your accusation that I am a liar. Forgiven, amends made, will not hold it against you.
You sure you want to? I didn't ask for it.

No you hadn't. That's why you lied.

God is sovereign and does as He pleases in giving faith to some and withholding it from others.

Not the point. You're still lying.

I believe the historic Canon of Dordt provides biblical evidence of God's Sovereignty in election and reprobation.

This is all I have to add, musterion, as I will be busy with Christmas preparations.

I see. Two days now you've had time to reply only to tell me you don't have time to reply. Another lie.

Glory to God!

Your god is an idol that lies, as you do.

The God of the Bible does not, will not and cannot condemn someone for something He knows they CANNOT do, much less for not doing something He MADE them unable to do, and THEN blame them as if THEY chose not to do it. That would make Him the very kind of hypocritically corrupt judge He has sworn to condemn.

But that's exactly what the blasphemous idol of Calvinism does, and here you are defending it.

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You sure you want to? I didn't ask for it.

No you hadn't. That's why you lied.

I see. Two days now you've had time to reply only to tell me you don't have time to reply. Another lie.

Your god is an idol that lies, as you do.

The God of the Bible does not, will not and cannot condemn someone for something He knows they CANNOT do, much less something He MADE them do, and THEN blame them for doing it as if THEY chose to do it. That would make Him the very kind of hypocritically corrupt judge He has sworn to condemn.

But that's exactly what the blasphemous idol of Calvinism does, and here you are defending it.

Rom 9:9 For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.
Rom 9:10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
Rom 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
Rom 9:12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
Rom 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

You might understand God one day.

LA

musterion

Rom 9:9 For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.
Rom 9:10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
Rom 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
Rom 9:12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
Rom 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

You might understand God one day.

LA

You don't know the God of grace. You only know a false god that will cut the heads off of people who disagree with you.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Says the 20 page Canons of Dort are complicated religion.

Justifies it by referring to the 1200 page Canon of Scripture.

:plain:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You don't know the God of grace. You only know a false god that will cut the heads off of people who disagree with you.

You are deceived by your own carnality.

You have been trying to cut off my head ever since.

You have no idea, and your saying that I have murder in my heart, only proves what I am saying now to be true.

All your MAD friends try to get me banned but how will that make Christ pleased with you?

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, it's true. You threatened saved people with God's wrath.

I told GM privately he would have his head cut off on account of what he was saying of me.

You chimed in and lied by saying I had prophesied in the name of the Lord.

You threatened saved people with hell.

You Madists backed John W with his saying my Father is the devil and many other things just as wicked to say of many saved people.

You are a hypocrite who tries to distort the facts.

You claimed that a saved, born again, filled with the Holy Spirit, child of God, who uses the Bible to warn people that their actions are condemned by the Bible, is going to hell.

Then you tried to link us with the screwballs of the charismatic movement, because you believe the church of Jesus Christ established by the cross and begun at Pentecost, has been replaced by another formed by Paul.

Yet Paul said----

Gal 1:23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.

LA

Robert Pate

Banned

Glory to God!

God is sovereign only within his holy, just, merciful, righteous nature.

God cannot and will not sin against himself or his created beings. He always does what is right.

It is not man's fault that he is born a sinner. Its Adam's fault and Adam is dead. For God to bring judgment on someone that is born a sinner would not be right. This is why God has given man the ability to repent and believe.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I'm not letting it go.

You are accusing God of forcing unbelief upon Adam, while admitting God gave Adam free will to obey His commands, or not.

Your conclusions are unscriptural, illogical, and inconsistent . . .

Robert Pate

Banned
You are accusing God of forcing unbelief upon Adam, while admitting God gave Adam free will to obey His commands, or not.

Your conclusions are unscriptural, illogical, and inconsistent . . .

Adam had a free will. God brought all of the animals to Adam to see what he would name them.

Evidence that someone has a free will is that they can sin against God.