More Liberal Censorship.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Facebook officially states they will censor news and fact check it.

To combat fake news, Facebook has teamed up with a shortlist of media organizations, including Snopes and ABC News, that are part of an international fact-checking network led by Poynter, a nonprofit school for journalism in St. Petersburg, Florida.

:mock: people on facebook

:mock: people that check snopes

glassjester

Facebook officially states they will censor news and fact check it.

To combat fake news, Facebook has teamed up with a shortlist of media organizations, including Snopes and ABC News, that are part of an international fact-checking network led by Poynter, a nonprofit school for journalism in St. Petersburg, Florida.

:mock: people on facebook

:mock: people that check snopes

I've read things on Snopes a few times.
I don't know much about it, or its authors.

Is Snopes biased?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They seem horrible to me. The left creates fake stories so their willing accomplice can "debunk it".

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I've read things on Snopes a few times.
I don't know much about it, or its authors.

Is Snopes biased?

From wiki:

David Mikkelson, the creator of the site, has said that the site receives more complaints of liberal bias than conservative bias,[23] but insists that the same debunking standards are applied to all political urban legends. In 2012, FactCheck.org reviewed a sample of Snopes' responses to political rumors regarding George W. Bush, Sarah Palin, and Barack Obama, and found them to be free from bias in all cases. FactCheck noted that Barbara Mikkelson was a Canadian citizen (and thus unable to vote in US elections) and David Mikkelson was an independent who was once registered as a Republican. "You'd be hard-pressed to find two more apolitical people," David Mikkelson told them.[23][24] In 2012, The Florida Times-Union reported that About.com's urban legends researcher found a "consistent effort to provide even-handed analyses" and that Snopes' cited sources and numerous reputable analyses of its content confirm its accuracy.[25]

glassjester

From wiki:

David Mikkelson, the creator of the site, has said that the site receives more complaints of liberal bias than conservative bias,[23] but insists that the same debunking standards are applied to all political urban legends. In 2012, FactCheck.org reviewed a sample of Snopes' responses to political rumors regarding George W. Bush, Sarah Palin, and Barack Obama, and found them to be free from bias in all cases. FactCheck noted that Barbara Mikkelson was a Canadian citizen (and thus unable to vote in US elections) and David Mikkelson was an independent who was once registered as a Republican. "You'd be hard-pressed to find two more apolitical people," David Mikkelson told them.[23][24] In 2012, The Florida Times-Union reported that About.com's urban legends researcher found a "consistent effort to provide even-handed analyses" and that Snopes' cited sources and numerous reputable analyses of its content confirm its accuracy.[25]

Alright.

I wonder why they're accused more often of a liberal bias. Maybe there's more to debunk...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Alright.

I wonder why they're accused more often of a liberal bias. Maybe there's more to debunk...

I think they've had to debunk so much fake right-wing conspiracy stuff over the years (remember American Thinker's "Obama and the Muslim Gang Sign?"). All those emails that were so cringe-worthy, then all the blogs and the right-wing sites and their photo-shopped images and now the fake news that makes the rounds on social media. Snopes does a great job providing a much-needed public service.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
they're horrible by themself

but grill 'em in a pan with a stick of butter and lots of seasoning salt and they become delicious! :chew:

ok doser

used to feel the same way about lima beans and brussel sprouts

then I married a professional cook and learned the magic of butter :)

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
used to feel the same way about lima beans and brussel sprouts

then I married a professional cook and learned the magic of butter :)

I can work with brussel sprouts, I split them cover with olive oil, garlic, & seasoning salt then barbecue them over red oak, very yummy. I have also sautéed them in butter, fresh garlic & minced shallots on the stove very awesome. Lima beans are just something that I cannot make good not to mention that the texture doesn't appeal to me either, I hate kidney beans for the same reason.

ok doser

i wonder if you could make lima bean paste, or lima bean tofu :think:

not sure why you'd want to, but it is a bean