Winter Storm Dumps Snow Across Plains

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Winter Storm Dumps Snow Across Plains

From Yahoo News:

BISMARCK, N.D. - An early winter storm that blasted in from the Rockies dumped heavy snow across the northern Plains, knocking out power to thousands and forcing National Guard soldiers to rescue stranded motorists.

Up to 2 feet of snow had fallen by Wednesday night in parts of North Dakota, with winds gusting to 50 mph. Power outages were widespread at the height of the storm.

A blizzard warning was in effect through Thursday for the Devils Lake area in the north-central part of the state. In Wyoming, schools in a number of communities were either closed or delayed because of snowfall and blackouts.

Ouch! This is an early storm.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I hope it waits a while before coming here. I don't have enough firewood to heat my house yet.

SOTK

ebenz47037 said:
I hope it waits a while before coming here. I don't have enough firewood to heat my house yet.

Do you do your own cutting and splitting or buy pre-cut/seasoned wood? Jujubee and I already have one cord of wood and are getting a second cord at the end of the month. Just one cord did not work for us last year. We ran out!

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I can't cut my own wood, SOTK. That's one reason I want you to move out here. :eek: I buy it pre-seasoned. They sell it by the rick here. I don't know how that compares to a cord. But, to get through the winter on just wood (no propane), it takes me about 13 ricks of wood and leaves me a little at the end of winter. For me to have a rick of wood delivered, it costs about $50. And, a rick is a well-filled full-size pick-up truck load.

Crow

I just started up the woodstove for the first time this morning. There's something nice about a good crackling fire.

SOTK

ebenz47037 said:
I can't cut my own wood, SOTK. That's one reason I want you to move out here. :eek: I buy it pre-seasoned. They sell it by the rick here. I don't know how that compares to a cord. But, to get through the winter on just wood (no propane), it takes me about 13 ricks of wood and leaves me a little at the end of winter. For me to have a rick of wood delivered, it costs about $50. And, a rick is a well-filled full-size pick-up truck load.

I haven't heard of that term of measurement. A cord would probably be about 3-4 ricks I think.

If we ever move to your neck of the woods, I will cut and split for ya! I actually enjoy doing it. It's the stacking that hurts! :eek: That's what kids are for though! :bannana:

David2

BANNED
Banned
WE EAT SNOW for breakfast lunch and dinner,

da Quebec,
God punishes humans who sin and sends them here

look he sent , his own son to be born in sinland

oh well that's what He said He would do, and tada, here i be.