Egalitarian society

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I suppose I could be an anarchist like yourself, but I love my fellow human beings too much to do nothing.

Surely you're aware that righteous laws and cultural mores' can help these gender and sexually confused people find a better way.

I asked you how you'd force them in our free society, with, as you put it, "action taken to help them."

So let's hear your plan to take "action."

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
I suppose I could be an anarchist like yourself, but I love my fellow human beings too much to do nothing.

Surely you're aware that righteous laws and cultural mores' can help these gender and sexually confused people find a better way.

I asked you how you'd force them in our free society, with, as you put it, "action taken to help them."

Considering that those who call themselves transgender, transvestite, etc. etc. etc. disproportionately attempt suicide and are successful in doing so, you use the word "free" quite loosely.

So let's hear your plan to take "action."

The "plan" has been laid out in the 4 part recriminalization of homosexuality thread that I've had going on TOL for the past several years.

In a nutshell here it is:

Do exactly what the LGBTQueer movement has done but in a totally different direction:

Take control of government/legislate righteous laws while taking control and our society's cultural mores' to undo the perversion that the LGBTQ movement has done.

Pretty simple plan ey?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
It would be useful, I agree. Being language, my guess is if it happens it'll evolve organically. The most common alternate usage I see is saying "their" instead of his or her. It's not grammatically correct, but it's useful when not wanting to assign a gender. Another advantage is there've been times I didn't want to give away the gender of the person I was talking about and saying "their" takes care of that problem. So "their" can be helpful for both the person being spoken to or about and the person doing the speaking.
I use it myself. Primarily it's awkward when otherwise clearly speaking of an individual you have to convert to plurals (they and their), but it does work. :thumb:
As for PC tyrants, as always, I guess it depends on perspective.
Well it sure does! Most Catholics had no problem with the Inquisition or any other of the many Church violations of fundamental human rights. And on the other hand, PCists have the Catholic Church and her exclusively male clergy on the map, even though it would be a violation of the Church's fundamental human right to freely practice religion in pursuit of happiness. And the exclusively male nature of the priesthood has been internally reopened and unequivocally shut recently, since it is verified to be Apostolic, which means that it came directly from the Lord Jesus Christ---it is His plan, for His Church. We would be violating His fundamental human rights to force PCism upon His Church.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by annabenedetti
It would be useful, I agree. Being language, my guess is if it happens it'll evolve organically. The most common alternate usage I see is saying "their" instead of his or her. It's not grammatically correct, but it's useful when not wanting to assign a gender. Another advantage is there've been times I didn't want to give away the gender of the person I was talking about and saying "their" takes care of that problem. So "their" can be helpful for both the person being spoken to or about and the person doing the speaking.

I use it myself. Primarily it's awkward when otherwise clearly speaking of an individual you have to convert to plurals (they and their), but it does work. :thumb:

So you too mock God by avoiding to address someone as a female or male, but instead use the term "their"?

Arthur Brain

Considering that those who call themselves transgender, transvestite, etc. etc. etc. disproportionately attempt suicide and are successful in doing so, you use the word "free" quite loosely.

The "plan" has been laid out in the 4 part recriminalization of homosexuality thread that I've had going on TOL for the past several years.

In a nutshell here it is:

Do exactly what the LGBTQueer movement has done but in a totally different direction:

Take control of government/legislate righteous laws while taking control and our society's cultural mores' to undo the perversion that the LGBTQ movement has done.

Pretty simple plan ey?

And that's so much closer to happening since you started that blog thread isn't it?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

It does work even though it's a strange feeling to be aware of processing that awareness of incorrect syntax. At the neuronal level that would be a P600 ERP response, it's funny to see that played out now that I think about it. :chuckle: Anyway, the important thing is that "they/their" works.

Well it sure does! Most Catholics had no problem with the Inquisition or any other of the many Church violations of fundamental human rights. And on the other hand, PCists have the Catholic Church and her exclusively male clergy on the map, even though it would be a violation of the Church's fundamental human right to freely practice religion in pursuit of happiness. And the exclusively male nature of the priesthood has been internally reopened and unequivocally shut recently, since it is verified to be Apostolic, which means that it came directly from the Lord Jesus Christ---it is His plan, for His Church. We would be violating His fundamental human rights to force PCism upon His Church.

Well, those weren't the first things that came mind regarding PC'ness, although I have to say I attended an Episcopalian service earlier this year, and the minister was a woman. She preached a great sermon, and the service was, in some ways, more Catholic than the Catholic Mass I used to attend. And I used to accept the idea of a male, celibate Catholic priesthood without question. Now, I don't. Except now I don't go to Mass either. And that's another conversation and not one I care to have. But I did want to say I don't agree with the second part of your post like I do the first part.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
It does work even though it's a strange feeling to be aware of processing that awareness of incorrect syntax. At the neuronal level that would be a P600 ERP response, it's funny to see that played out now that I think about it. :chuckle: Anyway, the important thing is that "they/their" works.
That's a new one, thanks for the reference. 'Seems to relate also to correctly interpreting homonymy and other forms of ambiguity. :e4e:
Well, those weren't the first things that came mind regarding PC'ness, although I have to say I attended an Episcopalian service earlier this year, and the minister was a woman. She preached a great sermon, and the service was, in some ways, more Catholic than the Catholic Mass I used to attend. And I used to accept the idea of a male, celibate Catholic priesthood without question. Now, I don't. Except now I don't go to Mass either. And that's another conversation and not one I care to have.
Off-topic anyway. :)
But I did want to say I don't agree with the second part of your post like I do the first part.
I do not believe that anybody has the right to tell the Catholic Church that they have to ordain ladies. That would be a prime example of PC tyranny, if it were to be attempted.

As to whether the clergy being exclusively male came from the Lord Himself, it has been determined by the only credible authorities in the area (the current bishops of the very institution) that exclusively male priests was the Lord's own direction for His Church; that it is an Apostolic teaching in nature, and not manmade.

We don't have to fight about that last part, but I think the first part is legit.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I do not believe that anybody has the right to tell the Catholic Church that they have to ordain ladies. That would be a prime example of PC tyranny, if it were to be attempted.

I agree with you, the change should come from within the Church, and I don't see it as an impossibility, either. Even more likely will be married priests.

And no worries, I have no intention of fighting about any of it. :)

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I agree with you, the change should come from within the Church, and I don't see it as an impossibility, either. Even more likely will be married priests.
That's already been done, and the Church explains celibacy among priests as a discipline (changeable) and not doctrine. My own take on it is that, because of St. Paul's advice in 1st Corinthians 7:32-33 " He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord: 33 But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife, " and the state of affairs over the past millennium or so, the Church has the luxury of ordaining exclusively celibate men. If ever the need arises, the Church can open up the priesthood to married men too.

Besides, St. Peter himself was married, and Paul implied that all the Apostles could have been married if they so chose (1Co9:5KJV). Also, priests who are received into the Catholic Church from either the Anglican communion or the Orthodox churches and who are already married, remain married.

But I don't think they can be consecrated bishops. I could be wrong about that one though. :idunno:
And no worries, I have no intention of fighting about any of it. :)
I figured. ;)

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Admit it Art: The social experiment of legalizing perversion hasn't been beneficial for anyone.

If by 'legalizing perversion', you mean people having the right to a consensual private life away from religious zealots and puritans then of course it has been.

HIV/AIDS, anal cancer, syphilis, gonorrhea, MRSA Staph Strain, disproportionate drug and alcohol abuse, high suicide rates, domestic violence/murder, early death; it sounds like your LGBTQ movement needs us religious zealots and puritans to help them find a better way.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

HIV/AIDS, anal cancer, syphilis, gonorrhea, MRSA Staph Strain, disproportionate drug and alcohol abuse, high suicide rates, domestic violence/murder, early death; it sounds like your LGBTQ movement needs us religious zealots and puritans to help them find a better way.

You still haven't explained how you plan to force-help them in a free society.

You still haven't caught onto the fact that a society that embraces sexual perversion isn't free, it's enslaved to sin.

The disease ridden child indoctrinators/molesters, fairies, drag queens and bull dykes that consist of the LGBTQ movement knew what it took to win society over to accept their sick perversions as something normal (a change of laws and cultural mores').

It'll take time, but those who embrace decency will once again prevail.

Arthur Brain

Captain propaganda strikes again...

And no, people really don't.

Arthur Brain

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

You still haven't caught onto the fact that a society that embraces sexual perversion isn't free, it's enslaved to sin.

The disease ridden child indoctrinators/molesters, fairies, drag queens and bull dykes that consist of the LGBTQ movement knew what it took to win society over to accept their sick perversions as something normal (a change of laws and cultural mores').

It'll take time, but those who embrace decency will once again prevail.

Well, it's taken five years as it is for your little "crusade" to achieve nothing whatsoever. That's gotta hurt hasn't it?