Should they be allowed to go?

musterion

Watched the very old movie WHEN WORLDS COLLIDE last night. If you're not familiar with it: a roving star will smash the Earth within a year, so private interests create rocketships to take a handful of survivors to the hopefully Earth-like planet that orbits the star. Pairs of men and women are selected, along with animals, machinery, crucial info, etc. Fuel weight was so slim that the head of the project chooses to stay behind, saying "The new world is for the young." Even then the rocket barely makes it, partly because of their last-minute decision to take along an orphan kid and his dog. But they do make it. The human race presumably survives in this new world. The End.

Now if this movie were produced today, it is certain there'd be a committed, loving homosexual couple among the survivors. Probably already married, almost certainly lesbians: one ethnic and sassy, good for the occasional throwaway gag but eventually shown to possess inspiring courage that somehow saves the day. The other would be white, quiet and serenely wise; the spiritual "anchor" of the survivors. But neither actress, oddly, would be physically unattractive to any normal man in the audience. It's the way of things now to cast these types in such a way. *shrug*

Anyway, question:

Would you allow a sexually nonreproductive pair -- genetic dead weight -- to consume the ship's limited fuel and oxygen just so you could say the new world is inclusive and politically correct?

Or...

Would you try to ensure that only the most medically fit, emotionally stable and sexually compatible pairs (meaning men and women) get to go?

This is the survival of the entire human race we're discussing, remember. If you believe in evolution I should think your answer is obvious but your inconsistency no longer surprises me.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I think you're right about the casting if this movie were made today., they would be inclusive because that's the world that has been created here now.

LBGTs in space

musterion

I should have added a poll question but whenever I ask a question like this, the leftists almost never vote. Instead they just whine without taking a firm position.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We're debating homo rights to spaceship seats now?

They don't have rights to anything.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
take 'em

you can always process them into soylent green when you run out of tang and freeze dried meals