The Righteousness Which is of God

Jerry Shugart

Be not deceived, if one is made righteous by God through Christ's imputed righteousness they will do righteous deeds. Righteous is as righteous does, evil is as evil does. You will know a tree by it's fruit.

How do you explain Peter's actions here?:

"But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation. But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?" (Gal.2:11-14).​

Are you willing to argue that Paul thought that Peter's actions in this passage were "righteous"?

Of course they weren't!

According to your ideas Peter would have never done this unrighteous thing.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Not presumptuous, Biblical.

In post 9 you said, "You have rejected the Gospel and justification by faith."

My question to you is, "So what?" Why is that a problem?

You really believe the Father is short-sighted don't you?

I.S.I.T.

You have probably torn the 7th chapter of Romans out of your Bible. Either that or you believe that Paul was lying.

The Christian is not totally sanctified yet. He is still in his Adamic body in the world. The good that he would do, he doesn't do it, instead he does the evil, Romans 7:19.

We struggle with sin just like Paul did in Romans 7. If you don't have this struggle going on in your life it is because you are void of the Holy Spirit.

Many try to misrepresent what Paul was saying in Romans 7 to support and justify their ongoing sinful behavior and a sin and still be saved false doctrine. But if you read what Paul said in Romans 6 and 8 you will come to realize this struggle over sin is meant to be overcome and won in this life, just as Christ came to make us free from sin and death. Jesus said those who commit sin are a servant of sin, and a servant of sin abides not in the house forever. These words of Jesus crush this false doctrine of how ongoing sin cannot effect your eternal security.

Here is a thread I made on Romans 7 that explains what Paul is really saying, and why he is speaking the way he is because of the carnal Christians he was trying to relate to as shown here....

People try to use Romans 7 as an excuse for ongoing sin, even saying Paul was still struggling with sin. But one needs to keep in mind what Paul said to his audience in Romans 6:19 19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh:”

Here is a link to that thread which explains what Paul was really saying, and how he also says in Romans 6 and 8 how you we can indeed be made free from sin when we are made righteous in Christ by the Spirit. Enjoy! :)

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...-God-is-not-the-problem-it-is-sin!&highlight=

I.S.I.T.

I probably won't be responding on this site any longer because this site is really slowing down my browser, I think it's because of all the advertisements. See ya! :)

Robert Pate

Banned
In post 9 you said, "You have rejected the Gospel and justification by faith."

My question to you is, "So what?" Why is that a problem?

You really believe the Father is short-sighted don't you?

That was God's only begotten Son hanging on the cross for your sins.

Reject that and you deserve to go to hell.