ECT “If God promises life, He slayeth first;

Cross Reference

". . . The trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ"
1 Peter 1:7 (KJV)

“If God promises life, He slayeth first; when He builds, He casteth all down first. God is no patcher; He cannot build on another's foundation.” - William Tyndale

So much for seeing faith for believing God as a gift from Him.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
". . . The trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ"

“If God promises life, He slayeth first; when He builds, He casteth all down first. God is no patcher; He cannot build on another's foundation.” - William Tyndale

Your understanding is skewed.

It is existing faith that is being tried.

Did you just skip over the part where Peter said the trial of your faith?

The receiving of eternal life comes after the trial.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

I agree, we often disagree on how this happens...and people's sperience is so many and varied, great intellectual people find it so very hard and religious people, they speak of the long dark night of the soul, the awful struggle ect.

But others just seem to fall into it. I got chucked in at the deep end and burned all my bridges.

The crucial point is REVELATION,the point at which the glorious light shines upon the soul.

If people struggle I'm sorry....but the fault is in you.

Again it is a swap...some people have less to lose. gimme, gimme, gimme

I'm a beggar with a large bowl, gimme, gimme....others are trying to give to the Lord.

It's ALL gimme, the spiritual blessings and the physical, material blessings

popsthebuilder

Ask not for blessings but chastsisment as the blessing is the availability of repentance. Ask for oporrunity to give; how else will one be weighed but by his actions? Ask to receive that thing that GOD pleases that we might be pleasing to GOD.

Think not of any reward or attainment as the reward is in the good of the deed itself. How can we spread the good of GOD any other way?

Submit to the will of GOD. Do not be so vain as to even contemplate GOD submitting to your will. All will be provided for to those whom truly follow, so what then would one ask for but the right direction down the narrow path by GOD's will mercy and grace?

Peace

Sent from my HTC Desire 512 using Tapatalk

Bradley D

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--" (Eph. 2:8)

Cross Reference

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--" (Eph. 2:8)

Lets see: Grace, Faith, Salvation. Which two do the scriptures say are NOT gifts for being reconciled to God by the shed blood of Jesus Christ?

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Faith also is a gift and not of ourselves lest any should boast in God's presence....we never had faith until God by the Spirit opened our ears to hear and our hearts to understand the gospel.

....how would ANYBODY believe that a man hung on a tree 2,000 years ago could be the means of our salvation?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Faith also is a gift and not of ourselves lest any should boast in God's presence....we never had faith until God by the Spirit opened our ears to hear and our hearts to understand the gospel.

....how would ANYBODY believe that a man hung on a tree 2,000 years ago could be the means of our salvation?

I agree.

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

LA

Cross Reference

Sure it was, just not in the form we recognize.

Sent from my HTC Desire 512 using Tapatalk

Exactly! The "righteous" indian lived by faith and had respect for a God whose name he did not know. Same as the Greeks on Mars Hill, Paul encountered. . . . Enter the Europian missionaries to reveal His Name who would encounter many "Saul of Tarsus'" sitting around teepee campfires..

Last edited:

Cross Reference

I find this interesting that is never mentioned for consideration re gift of faith:

God constantly revealed Himself to the Israelites in very personal ways especially in the wilderness as a corporate body and after having made precious promises to them. Where was their need for so-called, "saving faith"?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I find this interesting that is never mentioned for consideration re gift of faith:

God constantly revealed Himself to the Israelites in very personal ways especially in the wilderness as a corporate body and after having made precious promises to them. Where was their need for so-called, "saving faith"?

Ask the ones who fell.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Exactly! The "righteous" indian lived by faith and had respect for a God whose name he did not know. Same as the Greeks on Mars Hill, Paul encountered. . . . Enter the Europian missionaries to reveal His Name who would encounter many "Saul of Tarsus'" sitting around teepee campfires..

It is way too far to say that they were righteous, they may well find mercy on that day when God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus, their consciences accusing them or excusing them....it is not righteousness.

Neither did they live by faith but by the laws and customs of their tribes

Cross Reference

Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post

It is way too far to say that they were righteous, they may well find mercy on that day when God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus, their consciences accusing them or excusing them....it is not righteousness.

How would you know? Where you there? Did you live with them? Don't you realize that if love was not in them, [no capacity for it] they would have destroyed themselves? Since only love can create, where did such love come from????

Neither did they live by faith but by the laws and customs of their tribes

Which were what?, that God God would ordain missionaries/Apostles to explain the issues to them for to make disciples out of them? "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." Mark 16:15 (KJV) NOTE: Jesus did NOT say, 'go get people saved'. Paul showed us that on Mars Hill.

Buy the book, "Bruchko". It will opens eye to this as no other I can recomend. True story/account of things. He was a young rejected Lutheran-Baptist [no credentials for missionary work] called into a Pentecostal experience as no other I know of.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
It is not love but fear that kept the tribes together...love for their kind but hatred for other kinds, just like it is not love now that stops people from using the Nuke but fear.