Abortion Exceptions (Written pre election)

glassjester

No you don't, otherwise you would have already.

I do not try to mislead people.
Please do not falsely accuse me of doing so.

I am asking if you can tell me the name of the medical condition you're referring to, so that I may read about it.

Will you do that?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I do not try to mislead people.

Anyone who demands someone to produce something that is readily available is trying to mislead- by the very definition and act thereof. I have never once in my history on this site demanded references because where I stand is generally accounted for in looking in the first place.

I just don't play that game, hombre. Not on the internet which is a virtual reference in and of itself. Misleading people is exactly what you all are doing :rolleyes:

The truth of the matter is that you all are calling for the woman to die in the event of a complication in which it's either one or the other.
Nothing else will actually suffice for you all, as it didn't when the Catholic Church administered permanent excommunication for women even in such a case.

What you all have argued or proposed on here is basically deception.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Can you cite any instances? If you don't know of any, you can't say they're common. You're pulling it out of thin air.

Globally, an average of 800 woman die giving birth every day. In America, each year, the ratio ranges from 9 to 18 per 100,000.

It happens, now stop lying to people :wave2:

Daniel1769

800 woman die giving birth every day. In America, each year, the ratio ranges from 9 to 18 per 100,000.

It happens, now stop lying to people :wave2:

That was a non-sequitur. I asked for instances of abortions to save the life of the mother, and you cite statistics about women that give birth. If they gave birth, they didn't have an abortion. If they died in child birth, then their life wasn't saved. So what does that have to do with conditions in which abortion saves the life of the mother? You've been asked to substantiate your claims numerous times yet you refuse to do so. I'm growing weary and bored of your absurd attempts to circumvent these questions.

glassjester

Anyone who demands someone to produce something that is readily available is trying to mislead- by the very definition and act thereof.

Seriously. I'm sincerely asking for the name of the condition you're talking about.

That's it. Really.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
That was a non-sequitur. I asked for instances of abortions to save the life of the mother, and you cite statistics about women that give birth. If they gave birth, they didn't have an abortion. If they died in child birth, then their life wasn't saved. So what does that have to do with conditions in which abortion saves the life of the mother? You've been asked to substantiate your claims numerous times yet you refuse to do so. I'm growing weary and bored of your absurd attempts to circumvent these questions.

MMR carries a heavy factor of opting to 'attempt' saving both mother and child, where the mother usually gets the toe tag.

You all haven't substantiated anything, so I don't know where you think you get off making demands. You're the one calling abortion murder and your own damn holy book, by conventional interpretation of the Old Law, disagrees with that.
I think it's YOU who needs to be substantiating, and heavily at that. Are these women murderers, or are you all just loons with a cult following on fetuses :AMR:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
no, it's the one condition you asked for

evil heart

A simple two minute Google search will give a dozen causes of maternal death.

The first time abortion was ever considered murder was by Pope Sixtus V.

Sixtus5.jpg

This guy

Nobody else considered it murder, as the scriptures do not indicate fetuses as living souls. Quite simply, it is a belief based in papal dogma.

So, good job showing how arbitrary yall are :rolleyes:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
A series of points reveals the dishonesty of these folk without their input.

-If you had to choose between a toddler and a six month fetus, you would choose the toddler

-Mankind's history of fetal mortality shows that fetuses being living souls is a plain theological anomaly- thousands of unborn for every born person in Paradise.

-Abortion being murder was never considered before the 1400's, though was seen nonetheless as sinful.

-Abortion being murder is not implied in scripture, and the only reference to abortion directly implies fetuses as being property

-The very idea of a 'living soul' is virtually lost on these Catholics and evangelicals. The historical notion, before the 1400's, holds that one is not a living soul until one is breathing and sees the light of day (halfway out the birth canal).

-Single mother dies for the sake of pulling through her pregnancy; all the children become a statistic. 'Nuff said.

I think that about wraps it up- these people are intellectually dishonest. They just want something to judge and throw rocks at. Been doing it since the Late Ages after the Church desisted :rolleyes:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
A series of points reveals the dishonesty of these folk without their input.

-If you had to choose between a toddler and a six month fetus, you would choose the toddler

-Mankind's history of fetal mortality shows that fetuses being living souls is a plain theological anomaly- thousands of unborn for every born person in Paradise.

-Abortion being murder was never considered before the 1400's, though was seen nonetheless as sinful.

-Abortion being murder is not implied in scripture, and the only reference to abortion directly implies fetuses as being property

-The very idea of a 'living soul' is virtually lost on these Catholics and evangelicals. The historical notion, before the 1400's, holds that one is not a living soul until one is breathing and sees the light of day (halfway out the birth canal).

-Single mother dies for the sake of pulling through her pregnancy; all the children become a statistic. 'Nuff said.

I think that about wraps it up- these people are intellectually dishonest. They just want something to judge and throw rocks at. Been doing it since the Late Ages after the Church desisted :rolleyes:

The Bible says nothing about pedophilia. Does that make it ok? NO! So your base argument that if something isn't mentioned in the Bible then we can decide for ourselves if it's good or bad is flawed.

The Bible says that God knew us in the womb. That sounds like it's saying that the baby in the womb is a human person. In addition to that, the Bible says that you profane God by keeping people alive who should not live, and killing people who should not die (otherwise known as murder). That means it's just as immoral to kill an innocent person as it is to let a criminal live.

One of the more common "reasons" (I call them excuses) for saying that abortion should be legal is ectopic pregnancy. If nothing is done, then both the mother and baby will die. If surgery is performed to remove the baby, then the baby will die. As far as I'm aware, our medical science isn't advanced enough to save both, the only one we can save in that situation is the mother. But even in THAT situation, YOU DON'T STOP TO KILL THE BABY! You remove the baby, and you love the baby, and you let the baby die, but you don't kill it. Ever.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
MMR carries a heavy factor of opting to 'attempt' saving both mother and child, where the mother usually gets the toe tag.

You all haven't substantiated anything, so I don't know where you think you get off making demands. You're the one calling abortion murder and your own damn holy book, by conventional interpretation of the Old Law, disagrees with that.
I think it's YOU who needs to be substantiating, and heavily at that. Are these women murderers, or are you all just loons with a cult following on fetuses :AMR:

Now look what you went and did, Got yourself banned. Good for you. I don't know of anybody else who deserves it more.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
He's a troll. From his stance on women, to his sudden racist nonsense to this...Cruc seems to be about taking a position to shock and anger. Whatever will stir the pot most, he's there. The whole "I don't need to present anything other than my declared opinion" bit is a lazy way to justify the trolling, but I've long since believed he was wrong headed or crazy. This is what he's here to do.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I agree. No law that ends with, "And then it's ok to kill the baby" is a just law.

In the link - good responses to the two most popular "exceptions" to pro-life:
The reverse of the argument you quoted from the article also holds true; if the children of the "exceptions" are not worth anything then neither are the others. Logically abortion should either be completely illegal or completely legal.

It should be the former if anyone is curious.

But even in THAT situation, YOU DON'T STOP TO KILL THE BABY! You remove the baby, and you love the baby, and you let the baby die, but you don't kill it. Ever.
:thumb: