Allah doormats pulled by Amazon after complaints but you can wipe your feet on Jesus

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Allah doormats pulled by Amazon after complaints — but you can still wipe your feet on Jesus

Allah-themed doormats had been for sale on Amazon, much to the chagrin of Muslims who complained to the online retailer that wiping one’s feet upon the name of Allah isn’t cool, Heat Street reported.

Then Mariam Khan, a British Labour Party Councillor, joined the outcry and complained that the doormats are “extremely offensive to Muslims”:

These mats are extremely offensive to Muslims & out of order. @amazon @AmazonHelp please remove these from your site immediately. pic.twitter.com/b1syDWPDVC

— Mariam Khan (@mariamkhan29) November 28, 2016

I have spoken to @amazon and have been told that they will be removed but in order for it to be done quicker, we need more complaints in pic.twitter.com/ltbcrZWypY

— Mariam Khan (@mariamkhan29) November 28, 2016

Soon Amazon stopped selling the Allah-themed doormats, Heat Street said.

Seems adherents of other religions aren’t too keen on the idea of their deities getting such treatment, either, as the outlet said Hindus got irked recently over doormats showing Shiva, Vishnu, Krisna and Ganesha — and Amazon pulled them as well on the heels of a #BoycottAmazon in India.

As for Jesus, however, Amazon still sells doormats bearing his image and name as of Tuesday. There are doormats with Bible verses referencing Christ, and even one showing him holding a cross like a light saber — its title? “Jedi Jesus.”

Heat Street said Amazon didn’t respond to its request for comment.

Agree or disagree and is this hypocrisy in your opinion or not and why?

Daniel1769

Apparently they view the offense of Muslims as a big enough threat to their profit to make a change. They must not feel that they will lose much business over the Jesus doormats. Their profit is what will change a business's product, services, or action. If Christians aren't making a fuss, they won't change. They're not going to make business decisions on what is hypocritical. They'll make them based on money. I don't agree with the double standard that Christianity is subject to endless ridicule but Islam and Judaism are beyond criticism, but the noisy wheels get the grease.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Have Christians complained about the Jesus doormats and been ignored?

Good question, do you think amazon would pull them if they did complain? Where would it stop? Loads of things mocking christians and christianity and Jesus and God on amazon.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Doormats that can offend any religion should be banned.
Why promote hate? That is not what Christ would agree to.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

Why is offense a reason to ban something? Why is being offended now "hate" by another group, we should hate sin though, and isnt idol worship a sin?

Should women wear burkas to keep from offending islam, is it hate if they dont?

keypurr

Why is offense a reason to ban something? Why is being offended now "hate" by another group, we should hate sin though, and isnt idol worship a sin?

Do you hate because they do?

Why do folks feel that way?

Father forgive them for they know not what they do.

Hate promotes hate, love promotes love. There is no good reason to purposely offend any one. Like stepping on the flag that many gave their lives for.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Do you hate because they do?

Why do folks feel that way?

Father forgive them for they know not what they do.

Hate promotes hate, love promotes love. There is no good reason to purposely offend any one. Like stepping on the flag that many gave their lives for.

Please answer my questions, thanks.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I think I did.

No, not even close, you asked ME questions, that did not even begin to adress mine, here they are again:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why is offense a reason to ban something?

Why is being offended now "hate" by another group, we should hate sin though, and isnt idol worship a sin?