ECT MAD 4: Peter and Paul had different messages

Interplanner

Basic teachings of Mid Acts Dispensational right division
– Jesus, in his earthly ministry, ministered to the circumcision. (Rom 15:8, see here)
– [bold]The mystery of Christ was first revealed to Paul[/bold] (Col 1:25-26, 1 Tim 1:16, and here)
– Prophecy and mystery are different (Acts 3:19-21 vs Rom 16:25)
– Peter and Paul taught different messages (Peter prophecy, and Paul mystery: See here)
– Prophecy has been interrupted. (See here)
– The gospel of the kingdom is not the gospel of the grace of God (See here and here)
– Israel’s Church and the Church, the body of Christ, are different. (See here)

As you can see the chopping up of the Bible is underway. This tries to make something out of the previous distinction. Now it is personified in Peter and Paul and this helps preserve some 2P2P because Peter is trying to get Israel to accept a kingdom while Paul is unaware of that.

No, and no. A careful look at Act 2-3 and Acts 13 as samples of the earliest work of each shows a high level of unity. The promises are to all nations and the promise is forgiveness or justification in Christ. They are both interested in mission to the nations. Peter knows his listeners will go back 'to every nation under heaven' and he wants them to hear the core Gospel doctrines. Paul is already underway in that mission and it is slow-to-believe Jews who wear him down. He teaches (in follow up to his Acts 13 sermon), that believers become the light of Messiah by preaching Him, thus joining in Christ in the fulfillment of that passage from Isaiah.

I don't think the prophecy vs mystery message is much of a distinction at all. Not when Paul says the mystery can be found in the prophets if you look at them in Christ! But it is not a difference worth mentioning when contrasting Acts 2-3 and Acts 13.

Now, later, for Peter, is another matter. He goes through his capitulation that alienates Gentiles and is rebuked by God and Paul for it.

The events book of Acts (like Peter's actions) should not be used for grounding doctrines because they are human events. However, there are some passages of teaching which are ground for solid doctrine.

way 2 go

Basic teachings of Mid Acts Dispensation right division
you do not rightly devide

No, and no. A careful look at Act 2-3 and Acts 13 as samples of the earliest work of each shows a high level of unity.
:shocked:

Paul went to see Peter and the other 11 because of
a large dissension over circumcision and all that circumcision entailed

Act 15:1 But some men came down from Judea and were teaching the brothers, "Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved."
Act 15:2 And after Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and debate with them

The promises are to all nations and the promise is forgiveness or justification in Christ.

The promises are to all nations was to come to Jesus through the Jews
not apart from like it is now , how do you miss that?
They are both interested in mission to the nations. Peter knows his listeners will go back 'to every nation under heaven' and he wants them to hear the core Gospel doctrines.

did Peter say it is his judgement was for Jews and gentiles :nono:

Act 15:19 Therefore my judgment is that we should not trouble those of the Gentiles who turn to God,
Act 15:20 but should write to them to abstain from the things polluted by idols, and from sexual immorality, and from what has been strangled, and from blood.

Interplanner

you do not rightly devide

:shocked:

Paul went to see Peter and the other 11 because of
a large dissension over circumcision and all that circumcision entailed

Act 15:1 But some men came down from Judea and were teaching the brothers, "Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved."
Act 15:2 And after Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and debate with them

The promises are to all nations was to come to Jesus through the Jews
not apart from like it is now , how do you miss that?

did Peter say it is his judgement was for Jews and gentiles :nono:

Act 15:19 Therefore my judgment is that we should not trouble those of the Gentiles who turn to God,
Act 15:20 but should write to them to abstain from the things polluted by idols, and from sexual immorality, and from what has been strangled, and from blood.

You've missed one 'round' in the story. Acts 15 is the 2nd 'round' in what to do about the ceremonial and dietary law. The first round is that Peter is mistaken about the foods in 8, 9. He is corrected by God.

The subject of dietary and ceremonial law is not a factor in Acts 2-3 and 13, and they are not being compared about that. Their unity is that the promises to Israel are available to the Gentiles by faith, and are forgiveness, justification and fellowship in Christ. These are the promises to the fathers; neither Peter nor Paul mentions anything about the land or the theocracy then nor in the future.

way 2 go

You've missed one 'round' in the story. Acts 15 is the 2nd 'round' in what to do about the ceremonial and dietary law. The first round is that Peter is mistaken about the foods in 8, 9. He is corrected by God.
was not about food it was about gentiles no longer being unclean .

Act 10:15 And the voice came to him again a second time, "What God has made clean, do not call common."
Act 10:16 This happened three times, and the thing was taken up at once to heaven.
Act 10:17 Now while Peter was inwardly perplexed as to what the vision that he had seen might mean, behold, the men who were sent by Cornelius, having made inquiry for Simon's house, stood at the gate

Act 10:28 And he said to them, "You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a Jew to associate with or to visit anyone of another nation, but God has shown me that I should not call any person common or unclean.

The subject of dietary and ceremonial law is not a factor in Acts 2-3
:duh:
Jews were not going to gentiles as it was unlawful
gentiles could become proselytes tho

Their unity.

Gal 2:9 and when James and Cephas and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given to me, they gave the right hand of fellowship to Barnabas and me, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.

Interplanner

was not about food it was about gentiles no longer being unclean .

Act 10:15 And the voice came to him again a second time, "What God has made clean, do not call common."
Act 10:16 This happened three times, and the thing was taken up at once to heaven.
Act 10:17 Now while Peter was inwardly perplexed as to what the vision that he had seen might mean, behold, the men who were sent by Cornelius, having made inquiry for Simon's house, stood at the gate

Act 10:28 And he said to them, "You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a Jew to associate with or to visit anyone of another nation, but God has shown me that I should not call any person common or unclean.

:duh:
Jews were not going to gentiles as it was unlawful
gentiles could become proselytes tho

Gal 2:9 and when James and Cephas and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given to me, they gave the right hand of fellowship to Barnabas and me, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.

OK, so where do we differ?