Sabbath

keypurr

I said
Your an idiot. I feel sorry for you. I have met a few people that can only have a one sided conversation. They are called dictators. They tell their side and totally ignore any other side. A dictator cant learn nothing. Your a dictator. They cant learn where they are wrong.

Titus 3:9-10
9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless.
10 Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition,
(NKJ)

Your off base my friend. I do not know what is driving you at this time but I do not think it is Christ.
Everyone has a right to their opinion, let them have theirs. For the record I agree with them about God and his Law.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Your off base my friend. I do not know what is driving you at this time but I do not think it is Christ.
Everyone has a right to their opinion, let them have theirs. For the record I agree with them about God and his Law.

I said
The same word in both could have different meanings. either be a Jew with the old testament and that law. Or be a Christian in the new testament and the law of Christ. Circumcision is what they had to do to join in the old testament believers. Now for a Christian if you keep any part of the old testament that Jesus hasn't brought over to the new testament you will fall from grace and be subject to everything in the old testament
Jesus changed the law. The old testament law is different than the new testament law.

Gal 5:1-4

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

clefty

hasnt brought over to the New Testament
what part of "pray that your flight be not on the Sabbath" is not Jesus bringing the old into the new?

As it was, the time line for the New Testament was over by 70 AD when the temple was destroyed, the time of trouble Jesus instructed prayers be offered that the Sabbath be kept...

So not only was Sabbath keeping brought into the New Testament but beyond...imagine that!

Prayers not for the temple itself or Jerusalem be spared or for the safety or survival of the believers but that Sabbath keeping continue...even after the last book of the NT was written...

What was nailed to the cross?

https://www.worldslastchance.com/wi...the-cross-an-examination-of-colossians-2.html

clefty

I said
The same word in both could have different meanings. either be a Jew with the old testament and that law. Or be a Christian in the new testament and the law of Christ. Circumcision is what they had to do to join in the old testament believers. Now for a Christian if you keep any part of the old testament that Jesus hasn't brought over to the new testament you will fall from grace and be subject to everything in the old testament
Jesus changed the law. The old testament law is different than the new testament law.

Actually no. Goyim did not need to be cut to enjoy the Sabbaths...specifically given to them as written right there in the commandment itself...the only one of the 10 actually

And exemplified by Him in the NT for us as He asked we do as He did...

Can't believe all this to reject a gift made for us...a day of rest

Can't believe somebody so in love, so grateful for what was done, would have any reservations to do as asked of him...

Imagine young lovers meeting and getting to know each other...and he upon learning she loves pizza on Tuesdays begins to plan for pizza on Wednesday's or everyday...lol

Sabbath was made for man...

So was woman...

Do you reject her too?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
what part of "pray that your flight be not on the Sabbath" is not Jesus bringing the old into the new?

As it was, the time line for the New Testament was over by 70 AD when the temple was destroyed, the time of trouble Jesus instructed prayers be offered that the Sabbath be kept...

So not only was Sabbath keeping brought into the New Testament but beyond...imagine that!

Prayers not for the temple itself or Jerusalem be spared or for the safety or survival of the believers but that Sabbath keeping continue...even after the last book of the NT was written...

What was nailed to the cross?

https://www.worldslastchance.com/wi...the-cross-an-examination-of-colossians-2.html

I said
Your own opinion is worthless. Your going to have to produce the verses on your exaggeration.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Actually no. Goyim did not need to be cut to enjoy the Sabbaths...specifically given to them as written right there in the commandment itself...the only one of the 10 actually

And exemplified by Him in the NT for us as He asked we do as He did...

Can't believe all this to reject a gift made for us...a day of rest

Can't believe somebody so in love, so grateful for what was done, would have any reservations to do as asked of him...

Imagine young lovers meeting and getting to know each other...and he upon learning she loves pizza on Tuesdays begins to plan for pizza on Wednesday's or everyday...lol

Sabbath was made for man...

So was woman...

Do you reject her too?

I said
Show me where it is written.

keypurr

I said

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
(NKJ)

12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Friend, I am more worried about what is bothering you. Your out of character. You seem hostial. It is not like you to call folks an idiot. Do you need my prayers for something? You seem mad at the world. I wish I could carm you down because you seem to need it.

I have studied the Law for over sixty years, my opinion is God expects us to keep his law in our hearts. The law is a spiritual law, to be kept in the spirit. All your cutting and pasting will not change my mind friend. To love the Lord is to keep his Law.

I am your brother in Christ friend, my prayers are yours if you need them. For many years now we have been friends, sharing our understanding of God's words. Let us continue on the road together til we cross over.

keypurr

I said
Show me where it is written.

What did Christ say?

Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Friend, I am more worried about what is bothering you. Your out of character. You seem hostial. It is not like you to call folks an idiot. Do you need my prayers for something? You seem mad at the world. I wish I could carm you down because you seem to need it.

I have studied the Law for over sixty years, my opinion is God expects us to keep his law in our hearts. The law is a spiritual law, to be kept in the spirit. All your cutting and pasting will not change my mind friend. To love the Lord is to keep his Law.

I am your brother in Christ friend, my prayers are yours if you need them. For many years now we have been friends, sharing our understanding of God's words. Let us continue on the road together til we cross over.

I said
I'm good. I cant believe what you said though. Did you read my reply. Jesus changed the law. In the old testament it was an eye for an eye. In the new testament its turn the other cheek.
How can anyone do both? Anyone who just keeps one part of the old testament falls from grace and is subject to the whole entire thing.

Matt 5:31-45
31 "Furthermore it has been said, 'Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.'
32 "But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.
33 "Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.'
34 "But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God's throne;
35 "nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King.
36 "Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black.
37 "But let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No.' For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.
38 "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.'
39 "But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
40 "If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.
41 "And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.
42 "Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.
43 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
44 "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
45 "that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
(NKJ)

keypurr

1Jo 2:3 By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.
1Jo 2:4 The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;
1Jo 2:5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him:
1Jo 2:6 the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.
1Jo 2:7 Beloved, I am not writing a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word which you have heard.

Ben Masada

1Jo 2:3 By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.
1Jo 2:4 The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;
1Jo 2:5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him:
1Jo 2:6 the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.
1Jo 2:7 Beloved, I am not writing a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word which you have heard.

Okay Keypurr, and what are His commandments? They are what Jesus called "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
We know Jesus if we keep Jesus' commandments. Jesus commands us to stay away from the old testament. If we keep just one part of it we are subject to the whole entire thing. If we don't stay in the new testament we don't have the right God or the right Jesus. Jesus changed the Law.
There is no way to be loyal to one without going against the other.

John 15:14
14 "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.
(NKJ)

John 10:1

1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
(NKJ)

John 10:6-9
6 Jesus used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which He spoke to them.
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

II Jn 1:6-11
6 This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Okay Keypurr, and what are His commandments? They are what Jesus called "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)

I said
No. Jesus' commandments are the new testament. Jesus fulfilled the old testament law. And He taught us how to do the same.
OLD TESTAMENT LAW (FULFILLED)(CHANGED)(OLD TESTAMENT-OBSOLETE)

NEW TESTAMENT LAW OF CHRIST(LOVE)

Heb 10:19-21
19 Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh,
21 and having a High Priest over the house of God,
Heb 7:28
28 For the law appoints as high priests men who have weakness, but the word of the oath, which came after the law, appoints the Son who has been perfected forever.
Rom 3:21
21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
Matt 19:30
30 "But many who are first will be last, and the last first.
Matt 5:17
17 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
Rom 10:4
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
Gal 2:21
21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
Matt 7:12
12 "Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
Rom 13:8
8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
Rom 8:3-4
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
Rom 8:1-2
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:14
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
Gal 5:4
21 "I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain."
Rom 13:10
10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
Gal 6:2
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
Matt 5:18
18 "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.
8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
Gal 5:14
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
John 10:8-9
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)
xxx Jesus fulfilled the old testament law and shows us how to fulfill it to. The old testament law is still in affect on those who have not followed Jesus example. Love is the fulfillment of the old testament. And if one can learn what love is they also can follow Jesus' example by fulfilling the law. Love is to suffer wrongfully but do it willingly. Love is not a feeling or an emotions it is an action. The act of not giving into all the emotions that push one into beleiving and holding on to the law of sin and death(punishment). The old testament is the law of sin and death. The new testament is the law of Christ(love). Fulfill means to bring to an end. The old testament is the idea that everyone has to pay for their wrongs. The new testament in Christ is bear one anothers burdens. Everyone who is not submitting to the law of Christ is still under the old testament law of sin and death.

Rom 7:6
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
No. Jesus' commandments are the new testament. Jesus fulfilled the old testament law. And He taught us how to do the same.
OLD TESTAMENT LAW (FULFILLED)(CHANGED)(OLD TESTAMENT-OBSOLETE)

NEW TESTAMENT LAW OF CHRIST(LOVE)

Heb 10:19-21
19 Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh,
21 and having a High Priest over the house of God,
Heb 7:28
28 For the law appoints as high priests men who have weakness, but the word of the oath, which came after the law, appoints the Son who has been perfected forever.
Rom 3:21
21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
Matt 19:30
30 "But many who are first will be last, and the last first.
Matt 5:17
17 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.
Rom 10:4
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.
Matt 7:12
12 "Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
Rom 8:3-4
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
Rom 8:1-2
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:14
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
Gal 5:4
Rom 13:10
10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
Gal 6:2
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
Matt 5:18
18 "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.
Gal 5:14
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
John 10:8-9
Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
(NKJ)
xxx Jesus fulfilled the old testament law and shows us how to fulfill it to. The old testament law is still in affect on those who have not followed Jesus example. Love is the fulfillment of the old testament. And if one can learn what love is they also can follow Jesus' example by fulfilling the law. Love is to suffer wrongfully but do it willingly. Love is not a feeling or an emotions it is an action. The act of not giving into all the emotions that push one into beleiving and holding on to the law of sin and death(punishment). The old testament is the law of sin and death. The new testament is the law of Christ(love). Fulfill means to bring to an end. The old testament is the idea that everyone has to pay for their wrongs. The new testament in Christ is bear one anothers burdens. Everyone who is not submitting to the law of Christ is still under the old testament law of sin and death.

Rom 7:6
6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.
(NKJ)

Love fulfills the OT yes? By which you mean destroys it...

So if I love do I steal?

Do I kill?

Do I covet?

Do I bare false witness?

Do I fornicate?

Do I dishonor my parents?

Do I blaspheme His name?

Do I worship God with False worship?

Do I worship another God?

Or do I love JUST AS He did?

Which means including in my love is a Sabbath rest even to my employees or animals...a healing refreshing Sabbath keeping JUST AS He did and commanded we do as He did if we love Him...Do JUST AS He did as He kept His Father's commandments...

See? THAT is how Love fulfills the law...

When you love someone your primary desire is to please them...to demonstrate publicly and privately by your actions

And not all who cry "lord lord" but those that do His Father's will...which is quite clear...OBEY Him His way

Not with some golden calf you are convinced about...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Love fulfills the OT yes? By which you mean destroys it...

So if I love do I steal?

Do I kill?

Do I covet?

Do I bare false witness?

Do I fornicate?

Do I dishonor my parents?

Do I blaspheme His name?

Do I worship God with False worship?

Do I worship another God?

Or do I love JUST AS He did?

Which means including in my love is a Sabbath rest even to my employees or animals...a healing refreshing Sabbath keeping JUST AS He did and commanded we do as He did if we love Him...Do JUST AS He did as He kept His Father's commandments...

See? THAT is how Love fulfills the law...

When you love someone your primary desire is to please them...to demonstrate publicly and privately by your actions

And not all who cry "lord lord" but those that do His Father's will...which is quite clear...OBEY Him His way

Not with some golden calf you are convinced about...

I said
Your an idiot. Jesus never commanded we keep the Sabbath. Your lying again.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
lol I'm not hostile and idiot is a biblical term. Idiot is the definition of the word unlearned.
I am disappointed in your reply though. You are going to cause many to stumble. It says stand in the new testament. Circumcision is what they done to join in the old testament beliefs. And for a Christian if they do it they will be subject to the whole entire old testament. And they will fall from grace.

(NKJ)

clefty

I said
Your an idiot. Jesus never commanded we keep the Sabbath. Your lying again.

What part of pray that your flight not be on the Sabbath do you still not accept?

It is the only commandment He instructs prayers for its continued keeping...even in the future...

It is lawful to do good works on the Sabbath...He exemplified it and commanded we do likewise...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
What part of pray that your flight not be on the Sabbath do you still not accept?

It is the only commandment He instructs prayers for its continued keeping...even in the future...

It is lawful to do good works on the Sabbath...He exemplified it and commanded we do likewise...

I said
lolo If that makes sense to you then you are an idiot. That has nothing to do with keeping the weekly Sabbath. The second time it is said they even left out Sabbath. You have a run away imagination.

Matt 24:20
20 "And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath.
(NKJ)

clefty

I said
lolo If that makes sense to you then you are an idiot. That has nothing to do with keeping the weekly Sabbath. The second time it is said they even left out Sabbath. You have a run away imagination.

Matt 24:20
20 "And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath.
(NKJ)

There it is...how many more times do obedient children need to be told?

Meanwhile your whole argument is from silence....

Sabbath keeping is what He did and instructed we do as we are to do AS He does...

He makes no clear statement that He came to destroy the Law...and thus Sabbath keeping remains affirmed and upheld...

"As I have kept My Father's commandments and remain in His Love"

Ben Masada

I said No. Jesus' commandments are the new testament. Jesus fulfilled the old testament law. And He taught us how to do the same. OLD TESTAMENT LAW (FULFILLED)(CHANGED)(OLD TESTAMENT-OBSOLETE) NEW TESTAMENT LAW OF CHRIST(LOVE)

I don't think that way. The NT was the gospel of Paul while the Tanach was the gospel of Jesus. The NT Jesus never even dreamed it would ever be written. Yes, Jesus fulfilled the Law and expected us to do the same until heaven and earth exist. The last time I checked, they haven't passed away yet. It means there is no change at all in the Law. That's why Jesus warned us all to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)

Last edited: