the church

glassjester

What does that have to do with the body where there is neither JEW NOR GREEK?

If those who eat of the bread (as Jesus instructed) are part of the body of Christ,
and The Twelve eat of the bread as Jesus instructed, then...

Why are the TWELVE apostles that will sit on TWELVE thrones judging the TWELVE tribes of ISRAEL?
Do you not believe that?

Show me where Scripture says judging the tribes of Israel excludes you from the body of Christ.

glassjester

The Roman Catholic's mightiest mistake was declaring papal infallibility, which automatically put it at odds. First, the Greek Orthodox in the 11th Century, and then again with Europe in the 16th.

Are you making an argument against papal infallibility, or just pointing out that non-Catholics aren't very fond of it?

Right Divider

Body part
If those who eat of the bread (as Jesus instructed) are part of the body of Christ,
and The Twelve eat of the bread as Jesus instructed, then...
Nowhere in scripture will you find such a thing said.

Show me where Scripture says judging the tribes of Israel excludes you from the body of Christ.
I don't need to. You clearly do NOT want to understand the reason why there are TWELVE apostles in the first place; and why there is ONE apostle of the gentiles.

glassjester

Jesus called the bread His body.
He gave it to His apostles.
They continued to eat the bread (His body) after His death and resurrection (because Jesus instructed them to do so).

Paul tells us that when we eat Christ's body (the bread), we are part of the body of Christ.

Why should this exclude the 12?

I don't need to.

No, I suppose you don't "need" to show where this doctrine is in Scripture.
But then, is your belief unbiblical?

clefty

Which God? This One?

Ezekiel 20:20 "hallow My Sabbaths, and they will be a sign between Me and you, that you may know that I am the Lord your God."

Creating us, loving us, dying for us, rising for us, redeeming us.
WOW! that is an impressive list!

so you must be really grateful...as in you love Him so much you will do ANYTHING He asks of you yes?...

I mean because of what He did for you and gave to you, you want to be with Him, and like young lovers just do everything He does the way He does...lol they say couples in true love mirror each other...do everything together

Sunday is the day of the Lord.
I thought the day of the Lord was judgement day...like one day...in the future

Christ rose on Sunday.
on the festival of first fruits?

He was seen by Mary but He had not yet been "approved as the first fruit" so He was ascending to His Father...

What was witnessed that Sunday morning, was not His rising but an empty tomb...He was gone said the Angel..long gone...having risen the day before...

glassjester

Which God? This One?

Ezekiel 20:20 "hallow My Sabbaths, and they will be a sign between Me and you, that you may know that I am the Lord your God."

Yes. The very same!

WOW! that is an impressive list!
so you must be really grateful...as in you love Him so much you will do ANYTHING He asks of you yes?...
I mean because of what He did for you and gave to you, you want to be with Him, and like young lovers just do everything He does the way He does...lol they say couples in true love mirror each other...do everything together

Should I not be grateful?
Are you not grateful?

I thought the day of the Lord was judgement day...like one day...in the future

The Word of God says Sunday is the Lord's day.

What was witnessed that Sunday morning, was not His rising but an empty tomb...He was gone said the Angel..long gone...having risen the day before...

Risen the day before? Which verse says that?

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus called the bread His body.
He gave it to His apostles.
They continued to eat the bread (His body) after His death and resurrection (because Jesus instructed them to do so).
Once AGAIN, you are equivocating. The CHURCH which is HIS BODY is NOT the same as ISRAEL with THEIR TWELVE apostles for the TWELVE tribes.

Paul tells us that when we eat Christ's body (the bread), we are part of the body of Christ.
No, once AGAIN you are equivocating. Paul says that WE ARE ONE BREAD. 1 Cor 10:17
And we are one bread because we partake of the LORD JESUS CHRIST and not your cannibal ceremony.

Why should this exclude the 12?
It's not that they are excluded. It's that they ALREADY have a place in the kingdom of Israel.

The church which is His body is a NEW CREATURE and NOT a continuation of what Jesus came to earth to confirm; the promises made to the fathers.... the fathers of ISRAEL.

No, I suppose you don't "need" to show where this doctrine is in Scripture.
But then, is your belief unbiblical?
No, I've made it clear that there is a difference between what God was and is going to do with Israel and the OTHER thing that is a NEW CREATURE.

Go ahead and stay on your path of deception if that's what you want. Most RCC'ers seem to like it. It makes them feel good and proud.

clefty

Yes. The very same!

Hmmm...but your works are so much different than what He prescribed...are you sure you are wearing His yoke or maybe someone else's

Should I not be grateful?
yes yes of course!...be very grateful...the least you can do is to show it by doing what He asks do you...what pleases Him...

Are you not grateful?
indeed I am it is foundational to my desire that I obey and do exactly what pleases Him...because of what was done for me and what has happened to me...

Can you imagine the joy of knowing He has a way we can show are joy and appreciation? It's not like we have to guess or make things up...

The Word of God says Sunday is the Lord's day.

Really? I gotta see this...where is that?

Risen the day before? Which verse says that?

Well to get to that ya gotta do some logic...

If the woman came to the tomb even before the morning light and discovered tomb was already empty...that means they missed when He actually rose yes? So being first thing in the morning the rising had to have been during the night before...so not on Sunday but the day previous...

clefty

The irony escapes most that the new covenant was christened by a toast to a room full of Jews...preparing to celebrate the Passover the next day...

A further irony is when He says "do this..." it was over leavened bread not the unleavened of the Passover...is why orthodox use leavened

In the Latin Rite, the bread for the Eucharist has been unleavened since the eighth century; that is, it is baked of flour and water without yeast. At the Last Supper, Christ probably took this kind of bread (mazzah), which was interpreted in the Passover memorial as a "bread of affliction," the bread of nomadic shepherds who had no homeland of their own. During the first millennium of Church history, however, it was the general custom in both East and West to use normal "daily bread," that is, leavened bread, for the Eucharist;the Eastern Churches still use it and usually have strict prohibitions against the use of unleavened bread (or "azymes"). The Latin Church, for its part, regards the question as of little importance, since at the Council of Florence, which sought to reunite East and West (1439), the difference in custom was simply acknowledged and accepted. (Rev. Johannes H. Emminghaus, The Eucharist: Essence, Form, Celebration, p. 161).

Right Divider

Body part
The irony escapes most that the new covenant was christened by a toast to a room full of Jews...preparing to celebrate the Passover the next day...

A further irony is when He says "do this..." it was over leavened bread not the unleavened of the Passover...is why orthodox use leavened

In the Latin Rite, the bread for the Eucharist has been unleavened since the eighth century; that is, it is baked of flour and water without yeast. At the Last Supper, Christ probably took this kind of bread (mazzah), which was interpreted in the Passover memorial as a "bread of affliction," the bread of nomadic shepherds who had no homeland of their own. During the first millennium of Church history, however, it was the general custom in both East and West to use normal "daily bread," that is, leavened bread, for the Eucharist;the Eastern Churches still use it and usually have strict prohibitions against the use of unleavened bread (or "azymes"). The Latin Church, for its part, regards the question as of little importance, since at the Council of Florence, which sought to reunite East and West (1439), the difference in custom was simply acknowledged and accepted. (Rev. Johannes H. Emminghaus, The Eucharist: Essence, Form, Celebration, p. 161).
The irony is that you do not know what the new covenant is or who the parties involved are.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Men have studied the errors of RCC and the results are online. Sorry for your loss
Translation: Liars like you have lied about the Catholic Church and the lies are online. Sorry about your ignorance.

The Roman Catholic's mightiest mistake was declaring papal infallibility........

We never declare anything, as in any sort of invention. We simply define what the Lord taught. Papal Infallibility is a fact. Most people don't even understand what it actually means. Most people, including you, don't realize that they already believe in the infallibility of men.

Scott Hahn explains Papal Infallibility
Less than 5 minutes

Dr. Scott Hahn answers a caller who explains that papal infallibility is a roadblock to his conversion.

Dr. Scott Hahn was born in 1957, and has been married to his wife Kimberly since 1979. He and Kimberly have six children and are expecting their fifth grandchild. An exceptionally popular speaker and teacher, Dr. Hahn has delivered numerous talks nationally and internationally on a wide variety of topics related to Scripture and the Catholic faith. Hundreds of these talks have been produced on audio and videotapes by St. Joseph Communications. His talks have been effective in helping thousands of Protestants and fallen away Catholics to (re)embrace the Catholic faith.

He is currently a Professor of Theology and Scripture at Franciscan University of Steubenville, where he has taught since 1990, and is the founder and director of the Saint Paul Center for Biblical Theology. In 2005, he was appointed as the Pope Benedict XVI Chair of Biblical Theology and Liturgical Proclamation at St. Vincent Seminary in Latrobe, Pennsylvania.

Dr. Hahn is also the bestselling author of numerous books including The Lamb's Supper, Reasons to Believe, and Rome Sweet Home (co-authored with his wife, Kimberly). Some of his newest books are Many Are Called, Hope for Hard Times, The Catholic Bible Dictionary, Covenant and Communion, and Signs of Life.

Scott received his Bachelor of Arts degree with a triple-major in Theology, Philosophy, and Economics from Grove City College, Pennsylvania in 1979, his Masters of Divinity from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in 1982, and his Ph.D. in Biblical Theology from Marquette University in 1995. Scott has ten years of youth and pastoral ministry experience in Protestant congregations (in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Massachusetts, Kansas, and Virginia) and is a former Professor of Theology at Chesapeake Theological Seminary. He was ordained in 1982 at Trinity Presbyterian Church in Fairfax, Virginia. He entered the Catholic Church at the Easter Vigil, 1986.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
We never declare anything, as in any sort of invention. We simply define what the Lord taught. Papal Infallibility is a fact. Most people don't even understand what it actually means. Most people, including you, don't realize that they already believe in the infallibility of men.

I know what papal infallibility is. I also know that it's changed with every era as well, which many Catholics deny but history shows it plain as day- Catholic history is full of declarations of the Pope being God in the flesh, the unblemished sheep, the holy of holies, anon anon. The RCC likes to make these kind of comparisons, like Mary as the new Ark of the Covenant.

What those like Scott Hahn try to do is rationalize sheer fanaticism of the Middle Ages.

clefty

Translation: Liars like you have lied about the Catholic Church and the lies are online. Sorry about your ignorance.

Less than 5 minutes

Good for Scott...

One family however that looks and acts quite differently from its trunk and roots...

Even in biology the fruit grafted into the trunk and root must be of the same family...apples bare apples

But compare the church today to what Peter led (married kosher sabbath/festival keeping) and we have fruit of a completely different family...

Yes the Holy Spirit keeps one closer to HIS way..not down the path of developing tradition to whatever suits the times for comfort and appeal...it remains the commandments of God > traditions of man no matter how old or successive...tradition being merely extended peer pressure

Even now some Catholics reject this pope as having progressed too far and that since Vatican 2 the seat at the head of the family table is empty...

As if only now since 1965 change is bad...

The Covenant is familial...we are His children with our coming inheritance...best we start acting living and loving JUST AS our Father and elder brothers in the church of the wilderness did...

Peter was given a key...made NO changes to it as any changes to the key renders it useless for its intended lock...

On earth as it is in Heaven...His way as He did

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned

Less than 5 minutes

66 book Bible is error free and don't lie. We use it as our source to confirm your lies