Keep Old Testament Or New Testament-Not Both

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
NEW TESTAMENT(COVENANT) OR OLD TESTAMENT(COVENANT)NOT BOTH
NEW TESTAMENT LAW OF CHRIST OR OLD TESTAMENT LAW OF SIN AND DEATH

James 2:10
10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
Heb 2:2-3
2 For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward,
3 how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him, Rev 4:11
11 "You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and by Your will they exist and were created."
James 1:13-15
13 Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.
14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.
15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.
II Th 2:3-4
3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,
4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
Acts 15:24
24 Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, 'You must be circumcised and keep the law'-- to whom we gave no such commandment--
Rom 15:4
4 For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.
2 Cor 3:14-16
14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ.
15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart.
16 Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
John 10:8
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
Heb 7:22
22 by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.
Gal 5:4
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
1 Cor 10:1-2
1 Moreover, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware that all our fathers were under the cloud, all passed through the sea,
2 all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea,
1 Cor 10:5-6
5 But with most of them God was not well pleased, for their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.
6 Now these things became our examples, to the intent that we should not lust after evil things as they also lusted.
Gal 4:21-31
21 Tell me, you who desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?
22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise,
24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar--
25 for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children--
26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all.
27 For it is written: "Rejoice, O barren, you who do not bear! Break forth and shout, you who are not in labor! For the desolate has many more children than she who has a husband."
28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise.
29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now.
30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? "Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman."
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.
II Jn 1:9-11
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

YOU HAVE HEARD THAT IT WAS SAID: BUT I SAY:
Matt 5:43-44
43 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
44 "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
Matt 5:38-39
38 "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.'
39 "But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
Matt 5:33-34
33 "Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.'
34 "But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God's throne;
Matt 5:31-32
31 "Furthermore it has been said, 'Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.'
32 "But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
OLD TESTAMENT
2 Sam 24:1
1 Again the anger of the LORD was aroused against Israel, and He moved David against them to say, "Go, number Israel and Judah."
1 Chr 21:1
1 Now Satan stood up against Israel, and moved David to number Israel.
IKing 22:20-22
20 "And the LORD said, 'Who will persuade Ahab to go up, that he may fall at Ramoth Gilead?' So one spoke in this manner, and another spoke in that manner.
21 "Then a spirit came forward and stood before the LORD, and said, 'I will persuade him.'
22 "The LORD said to him, 'In what way?' So he said, 'I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.' And the LORD said, 'You shall persuade him, and also prevail. Go out and do so.'
2 Chr 18:20-21
20 "Then a spirit came forward and stood before the LORD, and said, 'I will persuade him.' The LORD said to him, 'In what way?'
21 "So he said, 'I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.' And the LORD said, 'You shall persuade him and also prevail; go out and do so.'
Gen 22:1
1 And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.
Exod 9:12
12 But the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh; and he did not heed them, just as the LORD had spoken to Moses.
Exod 9:34
34 And when Pharaoh saw that the rain, the hail, and the thunder had ceased, he sinned yet more; and he hardened his heart, he and his servants.
Exod 10:1
1 Now the LORD said to Moses, "Go in to Pharaoh; for I have hardened his heart and the hearts of his servants, that I may show these signs of Mine before him,
Exod 10:20
20 But the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he did not let the children of Israel go.
Judg 11:30-31
30 And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD, and said, "If You will indeed deliver the people of Ammon into my hands,
31 "then it will be that whatever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the people of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD'S, and I will offer it up as a burnt offering."
Deut 23:22
22 "But if you abstain from vowing, it shall not be sin to you.
Jer 19:3-5
3 "and say, 'Hear the word of the LORD, O kings of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem. Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: "Behold, I will bring such a catastrophe on this place, that whoever hears of it, his ears will tingle.
4 "Because they have forsaken Me and made this an alien place, because they have burned incense in it to other gods whom neither they, their fathers, nor the kings of Judah have known, and have filled this place with the blood of the innocents
5 "they have also built the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings to Baal, which I did not command or speak, nor did it come into My mind),
(NKJ)
xxx Every word that comes out of our mouth is our testimony to God. God has sent Jesus because the world had it all wrong. If the world would of had it right Jesus would not have come. If anyone could have pleased God according to the old testament we wouldnt have needed a new testament. And what ever you stand up for is what your going to be judged by. And the words that come out of your mouth is your testimony.

Matt 12:34 34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. Matt 12:36-37 36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. 37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned." (NKJ)
xxx The old testament is the law of sin and death, the new testament is the law of Christ. Now between the two they make up all of Gods laws to man. They are different they do have different requirements of obedience. Now there is a verse in Jam that says if you:

James 2:10
10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
(NKJ)

xxx And you will stumble if you try to keep them both. Now the new testament says that the old testament is obsolete. Another point to make is this that the definition of certain words are different from one testament to the other. If you keep any part of the old testament that Jesus hasnt brought over to the new testament you are subject to the whole entire old testament.

Heb 10:19-21
19 Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh,
21 and having a High Priest over the house of God,
Heb 7:28
28 For the law appoints as high priests men who have weakness, but the word of the oath, which came after the law, appoints the Son who has been perfected forever.

Col 2:11-14
11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,
12 buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.
13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses,
14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
John 10:8-9
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
(NKJ)

II Jn 1:8-11
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The same word in both could have different meanings. either be a Jew with the old testament and that law. Or be a Christian in the new testament and the law of Christ. Circumcision is what they had to do to join in the old testament believers. Now for a Christian if you keep any part of the old testament that Jesus hasn't brought over to the new testament you will fall from grace and be subject to everything in the old testament
Jesus changed the law. The old testament law is different than the new testament law.

Gal 5:1-4

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

Luke 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
(NKJ)

Matt 11:12-13
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Remember in the old testament law of sin and death. It was an eye for an eye.
But in the new testament it is turn the other cheek. You cant do both.

Matt 5:31-45
31 "Furthermore it has been said, 'Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.'
32 "But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.
33 "Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.'
34 "But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God's throne;
35 "nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King.
36 "Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black.
37 "But let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No.' For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.
38 "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.'
39 "But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
40 "If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also.
41 "And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two.
42 "Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.
43 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
44 "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
45 "that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Jesus made the old testament obsolete. He changed the law. He annulled the former commandment.
[Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new [covenant]," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
[Heb 7:12, 18
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. ...
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness,

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The old testament is Jew. The new testament is Christian. You cant be both. If a Christian keeps any part of the old testament that hasn't been brought over to the new testament by Jesus. The will fall from grace.

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
[Rom 11:28
28 Concerning the gospel [they are] enemies for your sake, but concerning the election [they are] beloved for the sake of the fathers.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Rom 11:11
11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles.
(NKJ)

Rom 11:12-15
12 Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!
13 For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry,
14 if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh and save some of them.
15 For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?
(NKJ)

Rom 11:16-23
16 For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches.
17 And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree,
18 do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you.
19 You will say then, "Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in."
20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear.
21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either.
22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.
23 And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.
(NKJ)

Bradley D

"Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus" (Rev. 14:12). We are to keep the commandments of God. The Old Testament gives us the commandments.
the Old Testament also shows us that the people were unable to keep them. That is a lesson for us. That is why Jesus came to fulfill the commandments, which only He could do. Paul expounded faith because there were still people who thought they could gain merits by keeping the commandments, which is wrong. There are some today who believe they can gain merits by doing works. That is wrong. Although I cannot gain merits I am still expected to keep the commandments and do good works. I am not perfect that is why I have a High Priest in heaven the Lord Jesus to turn to.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The old testament is Jew. The new testament is Christian. You cant be both. If a Christian keeps any part of the old testament that hasn't been brought over to the new testament by Jesus. The will fall from grace.

(NKJ)
If you're going to swing around one of Paul's clubs, make sure it's the biggest one he had; and that's Romans 10:9 (KJV) That club smashes all his other clubs.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
"Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus" (Rev. 14:12). We are to keep the commandments of God. The Old Testament gives us the commandments.
the Old Testament also shows us that the people were unable to keep them. That is a lesson for us. That is why Jesus came to fulfill the commandments, which only He could do. Paul expounded faith because there were still people who thought they could gain merits by keeping the commandments, which is wrong. There are some today who believe they can gain merits by doing works. That is wrong. Although I cannot gain merits I am still expected to keep the commandments and do good works. I am not perfect that is why I have a High Priest in heaven the Lord Jesus to turn to.

I said
I think you have missed the point. Jesus' commandments are Gods commandments.

2 Cor 5:19
19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
(NKJ)

John 12:48-50
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."
(NKJ)

John 14:15-16
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
16 "And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever--
(NKJ)

John 14:21
21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."
(NKJ)

John 15:10
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Old testament is the law of sin and death, eye for an eye. The new testament is the law of Christ. Turn the other cheek, and forgive your enemies. You cant do them both .

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Why are there two Testaments, the Old and the New?

I said
Because God wanted it that way. I think to separate the old testament law of sin and death. And the new testament law of love. The old testament law was an eye for an eye. The new testament law is turn the other cheek, and forgive your enemies. You cant do both.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
Because God wanted it that way. I think to separate the old testament law of sin and death. And the new testament law of love. The old testament law was an eye for an eye. The new testament law is turn the other cheek, and forgive your enemies. You cant do both.
. Christ is in the Old Testament concealed and in the New Testament revealed. That's why.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
lol If He was in the Old testament why did they speak of His coming, if He was already here.

Read your New Testament:

John 5:39 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
39 “You search the scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that testify on my behalf.