He who will build the TEMPLE of the LORD will SIT and RULE on His THRONE - Zechariah

beameup

‘Thus says the LORD of hosts, “Behold, a man whose name is Branch, for He will branch out from where He is; and He will build the Temple of the LORD. Yes, it is He who will build the Temple of the LORD, and He who will bear the honor and sit and rule on His Throne. Thus, He will be a Priest on His Throne, and the counsel of peace will be between the two offices.”’ [PRIEST + KING] - Zechariah 6:12-13

TweetyBird

Fulfilled ....

John 2
19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21 But he spake of the temple of his body. 22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

Heb 7
15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest, 16 who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life. 17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. 18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof. 19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

20 And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest: 21 (for those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec:) 22 by so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament. 23 And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death: 24 but this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood. 25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens; 27 who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people’s: for this he did once, when he offered up himself. 28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.

beameup

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will perform that good thing which I have promised unto the house of Israel and to the house of Judah. In those days, and at that time, will I cause the Branch of Righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land.
FUTURE:
In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith Jerusalem shall be called, The LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
For thus saith the LORD; David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel; Neither shall the priests the Levites want a man before me to offer burnt offerings, and to kindle meat offerings, and to do sacrifice continually.

Jeremiah 33:14-18

beameup

At that time they shall call Jerusalem The Throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to The NAME of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.
In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers.

Jeremiah 3:17-18

beameup

Luke 17:20-21
Luke 1:30-33
And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favor with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the Throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the House of Jacob forever; and of his Kingdom there shall be no end.

TweetyBird

Luke 1:30-33
And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favor with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the Throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the House of Jacob forever; and of his Kingdom there shall be no end.

Fulfilled. Jesus reigns on David's Throne now and forevermore. He was BORN King of the Jews. He fulfilled ALL prophecy regarding David. The people called Him the Son of David and that Jesus was reigning on David's throne.

Matthew 9:27
And when Jesus departed thence, two blind men followed him, crying, and saying, Thou Son of David, have mercy on us.

Matthew 12:23
And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?

Matthew 15:22
And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

Matthew 21:9
And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna [Lord, save us - aka salvation] to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.

Matthew 22:42
saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David.

Mark 11:10
Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest.

Mark 12:35
And Jesus answered and said, while he taught in the temple, How say the scribes that Christ is the Son of David?

Luke 1:69
and hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

Revelation 3:7
And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

Revelation 22:16
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Matthew 2:2
saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

Matthew 27:11
And Jesus stood before the governor: and the governor asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And Jesus said unto him, Thou sayest.

Matthew 27:37
and set up over his head his accusation written, THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS.

Mark 15:2
And Pilate asked him, Art thou the King of the Jews? And he answering said unto him, Thou sayest it.

Mark 15
9 But Pilate answered them, saying, Will ye that I release unto you the King of the Jews? 10 For he knew that the chief priests had delivered him for envy. 11 But the chief priests moved the people, that he should rather release Barabbas unto them. 12 And Pilate answered and said again unto them, What will ye then that I shall do unto him whom ye call the King of the Jews? 13 And they cried out again, Crucify him.

Luke 23:3
And Pilate asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And he answered him and said, Thou sayest it.

beameup

There is no longer an earthly temple, but a spiritual temple which resides within all Christians.

"Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in your midst?" (1 Cor. 3:16)

The Church has not replaced Israel. Replacement Theology is a 4th Century Catholic Church doctrine.

But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.
- Micah 5:2

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Fulfilled ....

John 2
19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21 But he spake of the temple of his body. 22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

Heb 7
15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest, 16 who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life. 17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. 18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof. 19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

20 And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest: 21 (for those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec:) 22 by so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament. 23 And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death: 24 but this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood. 25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens; 27 who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people’s: for this he did once, when he offered up himself. 28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.

Very true.

LA

beameup

Messiah
Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end,
upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to
establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even forever.
The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this
. - Isaiah 9:7

Last edited:

beameup

Yet have I set my King upon my holy hill of Zion.
I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto Me,
Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance,
and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron;
thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Psalm 2:6-9

beameup

Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised,
In the city of our God, His holy mountain.
Beautiful in elevation, the joy of the whole earth,
Is Mount Zion in the far north,
The city of the great King.

Psalm 48:1b-2

turbosixx

‘Thus says the LORD of hosts, “Behold, a man whose name is Branch, for He will branch out from where He is; and He will build the Temple of the LORD. Yes, it is He who will build the Temple of the LORD, and He who will bear the honor and sit and rule on His Throne. Thus, He will be a Priest on His Throne, and the counsel of peace will be between the two offices.”’ [PRIEST + KING] - Zechariah 6:12-13

The temple is already built now and is growing.

Eph. 2:19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

2 Cor. 6:16 Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God;

beameup

The temple is already built now and is growing.

The Temple was completely destroyed and plowed-under in 70 A.D.
However, according to Paul, a Temple will soon be built in Jerusalem.
Unfortunately the coming temple will be built for the Falst-Messiah (ie: Antichrist).

turbosixx

The Temple was completely destroyed and plowed-under in 70 A.D.
However, according to Paul, a Temple will soon be built in Jerusalem.
Unfortunately the coming temple will be built for the Falst-Messiah (ie: Antichrist).

Why does Paul tell us we are the temple of God in Eph. 2:19 and 2 Cor. 6:16?

beameup

Why does Paul tell us we are the temple of God in Eph. 2:19 and 2 Cor. 6:16?
The physical Temple must be built so that the false-Christ can be welcomed there for deification by the Jews.
Yeshua Messiah presented himself in HIS Temple and was thrown-out and then crucified on a wooden cross within sight of His Temple in Jerusalem.
Another Temple will be built by the Jews because they expect that the Messiah will then come. However, it will be the counterfeit Messiah, empowered by Satan himself.
Then "all hell breaks loose" on planet earth.

:readthis:
Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the TEMPLE of God, displaying himself as being God. - 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yep!
Israel's physical temple was standing and functioning on Mt Moriah when Paul wrote 2Thess 2:4.

turbosixx

The physical Temple must be built so that the false-Christ can be welcomed there for deification by the Jews.
Yeshua Messiah presented himself in HIS Temple and was thrown-out and then crucified on a wooden cross within sight of His Temple in Jerusalem.
Another Temple will be built by the Jews because they expect that the Messiah will then come. However, it will be the counterfeit Messiah, empowered by Satan himself.
Then "all hell breaks loose" on planet earth.

:readthis:

That doesn't explain what Paul is telling us.