ECT The Land Promise the LORD Gave To David

Jerry Shugart

No He did not alter anything, for no promise was ever made to David and the natural seed of Israel since they are not Gods people Rom 9:8. You believe a lie!

Who can take you seriously?

Paul was the natural seed of Israel so according to you he was not God's people!

And the following people from the house of Israel and from the house of Judah will be the natural seed of Israel and they will be God's people:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32. Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: 33. But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more" (Jer.31:31-34).​

This is referring to the natural seed because their "fathers" broke the covenant.

Last edited:

Interplanner

Paul was the natural seed of Israel so according to you he was not God's people!

And the following people from the house of Israel and from the house of Judah will be the natural seed of Israel and they will be God's people:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32. Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: 33. But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more" (Jer.31:31-34).​

This is referring to the natural seed because their "fathers" broke the covenant.

JS wrote:

Jerry, come on, really. By having faith in Christ A PERSON MIGHT BE BOTH Jewish and Christian. This is NOT complicated.

Right Divider

Body part
JS wrote:

Jerry, come on, really. By having faith in Christ A PERSON MIGHT BE BOTH Jewish and Christian. This is NOT complicated.
Come on, IP.... get with the program. Read the moronic post that Jerry was replying to.

You're almost as idiotic as B57.

Interplanner

Come on, IP.... get with the program. Read the moronic post that Jerry was replying to.

You're almost as idiotic as B57.

Please refer to posts, not people, thanks.

B57 has a point: the Seed always was Christ (Gal 3:16) and the "David" in the middle of Ps 89 CANNOT be a human because the accolades are quoted in the NT as being only about Christ. To go beyond that is Davidolatry. Or to quote Christ 'why does he then call him Lord?'

Jerry Shugart

JS wrote:

I was referring to what was said here by beloved 57:

No He did not alter anything, for no promise was ever made to David and the natural seed of Israel since they are not Gods people Rom 9:8. You believe a lie!

He said that the natural seed of Israel are not God's children.

But Paul was a natural seed of Israel so according to beloved57's reasoning Paul could not possibly be God's child..

Do you agree with beloved57?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

But Paul was a natural seed of Israel so according to beloved57's reasoning Paul could not possibly be God's child..

He told you 8 minutes before you posted this.

beloved57

Again, the physical seed of Abraham Israel are not the children of God, nor heirs Rom 9:8 !

beloved57

Again, the physical seed of Abraham who are also "born again" are heirs.

:doh:

Sure individual jews belong to Abrahams spiritual seed as do individual gentiles of other ethnicity. But the physical seed Israel, are not heirs no more than Japan is.

Interplanner

God's people exist by faith. Some of natural Israel were.

Jerry Shugart

Paul was a spiritual seed of Abraham ! His ethnicity meant nothing when it comes to Salvation. Do you believe Salvation in Christ is based upon race ?

But you said that the physical seed of Abraham are not the children of God:

Again, the physical seed of Abraham Israel are not the children of God, nor heirs Rom 9:8 !

Again, Paul was a physical seed of Abraham and he was indeed a child of God.

Again, the following people from the house of Israel and from the house of Judah will be the natural seed of Israel and they will be God's people:

Last edited:

Interplanner

Again, the following people from the house of Israel and from the house of Judah will be the natural seed of Israel and they will be God's people:

The new covenant is not like the old because Christ is the 2nd party. It is only about those in Christ, which is the church. You refuse to come to terms with what Hebrews and 2 Cor 3-5 are saying.

Jerry Shugart

The new covenant is not like the old because Christ is the 2nd party. It is only about those in Christ, which is the church. You refuse to come to terms with what Hebrews and 2 Cor 3-5 are saying.

Why do you quote what I said on this subject and then completely ignore it? Evidenently you cannot refute anything which I said. I will repeat what you quoted and if you can refute what I said then now is your chance.

Last edited:

beloved57

I didn't say anything, scripture says that Rom 9:8, that's talking about Abrahams descendants according to the flesh, Israel. Paul was a Spiritual descendant who happened to to be a physical descendant, God promised to Save a people out of all nations, so a physical descendant of jews can be saved as can a physical descendant of any other nationalities. However the physical nation of Israel has no more any promises made to them as does the physical country of Japan. That doesn't mean Japanese people won't be saved individually!

beloved57

Folks, I nor scripture ever stated that a physical jew, someone who is a jew by a physical connection biologically to Abraham cant be saved. Sure they can, if they belong to the election of Grace, for example like Paul did, as well as the other disciples of Christ. God stated that within the physical nation there is a remnant according to the elect ion of grace Rom 11:3-5

[FONT=&quot]3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Theres also the promise that even though national israel according to the flesh had a large multitude as the sand of the sea, yet only a small remnant shall be saved Rom 9:27

Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

So at the casting away of national physical israel as a whole, individual jews can and will be saved. However, theres no national salvation of israel, nor no land promises to national israel, they are not [as a nation] the Children of God Rom 9:8 no more as japan nationality are the children of God ![/FONT]

beloved57

jerry

Yes Paul was of Gods people, and saved, but was it because he was a physical jew ? Do you base salvation upon ethnicity ? Sorry to break it to you, Paul was saved according to being of the election of grace, not of race. You sound like Salvation is based upon ethnicity, thats trusting in the flesh ! It also makes God a respector of persons !