Why We Are Justified by Faith Alone

Robert Pate

Banned
Of course we are justified by faith alone.

The reason that salvation is by faith alone is because it is by Christ alone.

What work or merit do you posses that God will accept, seeing that you are a sinner?

Does God accept the works or the merit of sinners? I am afraid not. Jesus is separate from sinners, Hebrews 7:26.

Jerry Shugart

Does God accept the works or the merit of sinners? I am afraid not. Jesus is separate from sinners, Hebrews 7:26.

Robert, those who deny what you say also deny what Paul wrote in the following verse which makes it plain that faith and faith alone is counted for righteousness:

"But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" (Ro.4:5).​

The people who deny what you say also deny what Paul wrote at Romans 4:5. That is because they put what some men say about the Scriptures above what the Scriptures actually say.

Sad!

Jerry Shugart

This guy is clueless. He says that if the verse does not say faith "alone" then we cannot conclude that salvation is apart from works. But let us look at this verse:

"But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" (Ro.4:5).​

Here we can read that one's "faith is counted for righteousness."

That is either true or it is not! There is no middle ground. The Catholic on the video says that faith by itself cannot be counted for righteousness even though Paul states in no uncertain terms that it does!

Who are you going to believe?

Rome or Paul?

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert, those who deny what you say also deny what Paul wrote in the following verse which makes it plain that faith and faith alone is counted for righteousness:

The people who deny what you say also deny what Paul wrote at Romans 4:5. That is because they put what some men say about the Scriptures above what the Scriptures actually say.

Sad!

We are on the same page here.

What it comes down to is it the Gospel plus something? or is it the Gospel plus nothing?

If it is the Gospel plus something, then it is no longer the Gospel.

Jerry Shugart

We are on the same page here.

What it comes down to is it the Gospel plus something? or is it the Gospel plus nothing?

If it is the Gospel plus something, then it is no longer the Gospel.

Right on!

With salvation on the line I find it inconceivable that so many people are willing to throw their reason to the wind when it comes to understanding what is written in the Bible about salvation. How can anyone not understand what Paul is saying here?:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth" (Ro.1:16).​

How can anyone possibly not understand what is written there. Either the gospel is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes or it is not. Paul says that it is but Rome says that it is not!

Robert Pate

Banned
Right on!

With salvation on the line I find it inconceivable that so many people are willing to throw their reason to the wind when it comes to understanding what is written in the Bible about salvation. How can anyone not understand what Paul is saying here?:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth" (Ro.1:16).​

How can anyone possibly not understand what is written there. Either the gospel is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes or it is not. Paul says that it is but Rome says that it is not!

I suppose that is why Jesus said, "Few there be that find it" Matthew 7:21.

Jerry Shugart

I suppose that is why Jesus said, "Few there be that find it" Matthew 7:21.

The following verse explains why few find it:

"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death"
(Proverbs 14:12).​

Many men think that they must contribute in some way to their salvation by doing "works" of one kind or another so they refuse to believe the gospel of grace, the good news that one's faith is counted for righteousness. And since they do not believe the gospel of grace they are not made alive spiritually and remain dead spiritually.

Sad!

beloved57

Of course we are justified by faith alone.

The reason that salvation is by faith alone is because it is by Christ alone.

What work or merit do you posses that God will accept, seeing that you are a sinner?

You teach that sinners Christ lived and died for wind up lost in their sins! So you don't believe that Salvation is by Christ alone.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Righteousness is the proof of faith and is based on what we say and do, but salvation is by God's grace.

1 John3:7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.

Romans 4:5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness.

A person's faith (proof of belief) is counted for righteousness by God's grace, i.e. we don't earn salvation, it is given to us.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Anti-Calvinists.

They all believe Christ died for those in Hell.

They trivialize the Crucifixion, and justify it with legal fictions.

beloved57

Righteousness is the proof of faith and is based on what we say and do, but salvation is by God's grace.

1 John3:7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.

Romans 4:5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness.

A person's faith (proof of belief) is counted for righteousness by God's grace, i.e. we don't earn salvation, it is given to us.

Christ is my Righteousness 1 Cor 1:30

0 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption—

Robert Pate

Banned
justification by faith alone is based upon the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ.

Since Catholics do not believe the Gospel, it is no surprise that they do not believe in justification by faith alone.

Justification by faith alone, which means by Christ alone, is the correct biblical doctrine.

God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners. God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ, which was done for us, in our name and on our behalf.

Catholics are trying to save themselves by the works of the law.

Robert Pate

Banned
Christ is my Righteousness 1 Cor 1:30

0 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption—

Nothing is yours if it is not received by faith.

"I come in my Fathers name and you receive me not: if another (Calvinism) shall come in his own name, him you will receive" John 5:43.

Jerry Shugart

LOL! How ironic, coming from the real clueless one.

Who is clueless if not those who refuse to believe what is written here by Paul:

"But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness"
(Ro.4:5).​

It is evident that Paul is saying that faith and faith alone is counted for righteousness. Nothing else!

But Rome teaches that no one is saved until they are baptized with water despite the fact that Paul says the following:

Rome teaches that the gospel is NOT the power of salvation to everyone who believes because no one is saved until they believe and then are water baptized!

Robert Pate

Banned
justification by faith alone is based upon the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ.

Since Catholics do not believe the Gospel, it is no surprise that they do not believe in justification by faith alone.

Justification by faith alone, which means by Christ alone, is the correct biblical doctrine.

God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners. God only accepts the works and the obedience of Jesus Christ, which was done for us, in our name and on our behalf.

Catholics are trying to save themselves by the works of the law.

Jerry Shugart

You're ALL off your rockers.

You have to be a real fool to believe what Steve Ray says on this video. He says that "wrapped up in the word 'believe' is the concept of obedience."

I cannot find even one Greek expert who says that the Greek word translated "believe" means obedience!

Steve Ray just makes up things out of thin air!

The Lord Jesus makes it plain that the word of God is all that is needed to bring life:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life"
(Jn.6:63).​

Maybe one of the followers of the church at Rome will tell us where we find "obedience" in those words of the Lord Jesus.